Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:36:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING: FortuneJack Refuses to Pay My Winning $6100 Tennis Bet or Return My BTC  (Read 1521 times)
EpicChamp (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 07:15:53 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2020, 07:26:57 AM by EpicChamp

I can understand that this is irritating and infuriating but honestly - I don't see what you are arguing for here.

You got your original money back, no? What happens after that (since they cancelled it before the match) should not matter. Your point is that "your money" (which is technically not yours since you got your money back) should be paid back to you but I just can't see why it should?

Let's play with the idea that your betsize was 10x as large, do you mean to tell me that you place a bet for 1.4BTC, cash out 1.4BTC due to the odds dropping drastically and then once the bet is cancelled you demand to get another 0.67BTC on top of it, for a bet that was never live to begin with? It makes absolutely no sense.

And this is me looking past the fact that in your title you claim that they "refuse to return your btc" which is.. a lie?

Because I had an open bet with a lot of money remaining at stake that could have easily & instantly been mine with a click of a button. So if they decide to cancel it then they need to return that stake and treat it just like any other bet.

Otherwise, how can this even be classified as a bet to begin with? (if it didn't have anything on it)

It's 1 thing to lose this money entirely if the player I bet goes on to lose the match (which is the only risk I was willing to take when I decided to partially cash out), but in the case of a match cancelation (before or during the match for whatever reason, doesn't matter) it should simply be returned back to me.

Otherwise, if I had known I would be at the risk of LOSING the whole 0.067 BTC / 0.1 BTC in this kind of scenario in the case of a bet cancelation ON TOP of accepting the risk of my player losing the match (when I had to make this decision the evening before), then I would have honestly just cashed out the entire bet in full for 0.238 BTC instead of 0.139 BTC when I had the chance of doing so; and that way I would have instantly profited ~0.1 BTC without having to worry about any of this crap right now.

FortuneJack needs to take responsibility for opening this bet at the given odds, and honoring that bet in full for those who took advantage of it early on just like every other gambling site did on that day.

And if they decide to crack and bend the rules to cancel the match in advance because of their "mistake" (with stupid reasoning that is completely inaccurate), then at the very least they need to return the remaining amount that was left on this bet. And that's a lot of money at stake here, it's not your typical 2 or low 3 digit bet.
spyrosc200

Activity: 272
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 09:57:19 AM

Since you cashed out your bet and you took your stake back, Forjunejack is not paying you the 0.067 BTC that wasn't cashed out as you already took back your original stake.

In their mind, your bet was voided and since you took your money back, for them there is nothing more to discuss.

Imo, you are wrongly chasing those 0.067 BTC.

You should chase the full amount of your bet.

Either you deserve paying in full or nothing.

Imo this story has 2 thinks to examine:

1) Odds are dropping everyday. This is a fact.

Bookies have absolute no reason to void a bet cause odds drop from 2.30 to 1.70, from 2.30 to 1.30 etc. You will never see pinnacle voiding a bet placed at 2.30 cause a rich gambler decided later to smash a line from 2.30 to 1.30. Odds are moving as bookmakers need to hedge their bets.

Those who think that odds drop is not normal and is happening in only rare cases, they can check the link below for daily odds drop. Simply there are dozens of such cases every day.

https://www.oddsportal.com/dropping-odds/

Noone of the games listed above is going to be voided from any fair bookmaker.

2) The big question in your case imo is:

The odds set from Fortjunejack was an obvious error?

If odds were obvious error, then imo they can void this bet. Imagine Bet365 opened Barcelona to beat Leganes at odds 10/1 when whole world had odds at 1/2. Will they honor bets on Barcelona at 10/1? No way.

If Fortunejack odds though were in line with all other books at the time you took the bet, then thinks are getting complicated. How Forjunejack can claim that they had wrong odds when the whole bookies worldwide had same odds as Forjunejack?

Personally got no idea about Tennis so can't answer if early odds at 2.30 were obvious pulp or not.

Someone who is expert with Tennis and can judge if those early odds at 2.30 were obvious error or not, should act as mediator for you and FJ imo.
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3901

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2020, 11:28:25 AM

1. Yes they have, but I was sleeping during this time and did not see it until after the match was over. Even if I had seen it, their reasoning is complete BS and doesn't make any sense, because De Jong's winning odds were never at 1.70 up until that point.
It does not matter if you have seen the email or not, the fact is that they sent you the email before the match started.

Now, one question could be - did they sent you the email before the partial amount you cashed out or after the partial amount cashed out? Here I do not know what will be the valid case if they email you after the partial cash out. Will the email be the notification of cancelling the remaining stake or the entire stake since the cashed out money should be yours already.

@EpicChamp, Look I have a bad reputation (to some users LOL) of going against sport books, as long as I see a claim is genuine in my judgement then I do not care if they are in business from a decade with a billion dollar's reputation, or they just started yesterday. I treat the same and believe in evidences.

In your case no evidences required yet since you already said that you partially cashed out 0.1394 or 0.1396 BTC and your bet amount was 0.14 BTC (in the first line of your opening post). If the cashed out amount is 0.1394 BTC (for example) then they owe you 0.0006 BTC.
About a month ago on November 23, I bet 0.14 BTC on the De Jong - Altmirano tennis challenger match

2. The night before I partially cashed out 0.1394 or 0.1396 BTC (which is still technically below my 0.14 deposit + bet) and then withdrew it from their site.
Now you are confusing me/us - after the bet (stake 0.14 BTC) did you still have 0.14 left in your account?

Anyway, overall this is what I am understanding.
Technically FJ still owe you 0.0006 BTC (if the cashed out amount was 0.1394 BTC, if your stake was 0.14BTC and if they sent you email before the match and partial cashed out). I can not blame them because they sent the email before the match starts and partial cashed out (assuming), once they give you the remaining 0.0006 BTC of the stake.

I also said in my last post that this does not look black and white and not wrong too. So if you are not happy with the outcome and I understand your frustration - I would suggest taking this to the court as we have seen there was a case that was won in the court.

PS: Did anyone PM FortuneJack to have an input in this thread? I think we can hear a story from their side too.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
EpicChamp (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 04:20:08 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2020, 04:55:50 PM by EpicChamp

Since you cashed out your bet and you took your stake back, Forjunejack is not paying you the 0.067 BTC that wasn't cashed out as you already took back your original stake.

In their mind, your bet was voided and since you took your money back, for them there is nothing more to discuss.

Imo, you are wrongly chasing those 0.067 BTC.

You should chase the full amount of your bet.

Either you deserve paying in full or nothing.

Imo this story has 2 thinks to examine:

1) Odds are dropping everyday. This is a fact.

Bookies have absolute no reason to void a bet cause odds drop from 2.30 to 1.70, from 2.30 to 1.30 etc. You will never see pinnacle voiding a bet placed at 2.30 cause a rich gambler decided later to smash a line from 2.30 to 1.30. Odds are moving as bookmakers need to hedge their bets.

Those who think that odds drop is not normal and is happening in only rare cases, they can check the link below for daily odds drop. Simply there are dozens of such cases every day.

https://www.oddsportal.com/dropping-odds/

Noone of the games listed above is going to be voided from any fair bookmaker.

2) The big question in your case imo is:

The odds set from Fortjunejack was an obvious error?

If odds were obvious error, then imo they can void this bet. Imagine Bet365 opened Barcelona to beat Leganes at odds 10/1 when whole world had odds at 1/2. Will they honor bets on Barcelona at 10/1? No way.

If Fortunejack odds though were in line with all other books at the time you took the bet, then thinks are getting complicated. How Forjunejack can claim that they had wrong odds when the whole bookies worldwide had same odds as Forjunejack?

Personally got no idea about Tennis so can't answer if early odds at 2.30 were obvious pulp or not.

Someone who is expert with Tennis and can judge if those early odds at 2.30 were obvious error or not, should act as mediator for you and FJ imo.

1. Of course ideally I want to earn my full amount, as I 100% believe I deserve to win it fair & square. Canceling this bet that late was complete nonsense on their end, and goes against all fair play. It was an open bet with a lot of money at stake (despite the partial cashout the day before), and of course I deserve to win it and not have it be canceled right before the match is about it start. But worst-case scenario they need to return what was left on that bet. You can't just cancel a bet and not return to the person the stake of that bet, cuz that is complete bs & robbery at its finest. If I knew this was going to happen, I would have cashed out in full the day before and would have been guarenteed to win an extra 0.1 BTC when I had the chance, instead of simply "getting my money back".

2. The thing is, it wasn't just FortuneJack that opened him at these odds. An hour or so before I placed my bet, he was given at 3.0 and 3.1 on other gambling sites (Cloudbet & Stake for instance), before slowly dropping to 2.8 30mins later, and then ultimately 2.6 by the time I transferred my BTC to make the bet.

So you can say it was a universal error across all betting sites before he dropped form above 2.6 to below 1.35, but all other sites honored all users who had him winning at odds 2.6 & above and it seems as though FortuneJack is the only one that is giving me problems about it.

How is that possibly be right or fair?

To me it's completely unacceptable and I really hope something will be done about this.
EpicChamp (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 04:47:32 PM

1. Yes they have, but I was sleeping during this time and did not see it until after the match was over. Even if I had seen it, their reasoning is complete BS and doesn't make any sense, because De Jong's winning odds were never at 1.70 up until that point.
It does not matter if you have seen the email or not, the fact is that they sent you the email before the match started.

Now, one question could be - did they sent you the email before the partial amount you cashed out or after the partial amount cashed out? Here I do not know what will be the valid case if they email you after the partial cash out. Will the email be the notification of cancelling the remaining stake or the entire stake since the cashed out money should be yours already.

@EpicChamp, Look I have a bad reputation (to some users LOL) of going against sport books, as long as I see a claim is genuine in my judgement then I do not care if they are in business from a decade with a billion dollar's reputation, or they just started yesterday. I treat the same and believe in evidences.

In your case no evidences required yet since you already said that you partially cashed out 0.1394 or 0.1396 BTC and your bet amount was 0.14 BTC (in the first line of your opening post). If the cashed out amount is 0.1394 BTC (for example) then they owe you 0.0006 BTC.
About a month ago on November 23, I bet 0.14 BTC on the De Jong - Altmirano tennis challenger match

2. The night before I partially cashed out 0.1394 or 0.1396 BTC (which is still technically below my 0.14 deposit + bet) and then withdrew it from their site.
Now you are confusing me/us - after the bet (stake 0.14 BTC) did you still have 0.14 left in your account?

Technically FJ still owe you 0.0006 BTC (if the cashed out amount was 0.1394 BTC, if your stake was 0.14BTC and if they sent you email before the match and partial cashed out). I can not blame them because they sent the email before the match starts and partial cashed out (assuming), once they give you the remaining 0.0006 BTC of the stake.

I also said in my last post that this does not look black and white and not wrong too. So if you are not happy with the outcome and I understand your frustration - I would suggest taking this to the court as we have seen there was a case that was won in the court.

PS: Did anyone PM FortuneJack to have an input in this thread? I think we can hear a story from their side too.

1. The email was sent many hours after I had already partially cashed out 0.1394 btc from the day before. I would estimate that it was sent around 11-12 hours later and 2-3 hours before the start of the match.

And while from that standpoint or point of view you can say they owe me "0.0006 BTC", but what is that even gonna do? That's only gonna cover the fee to transfer my BTC and that's it. The REAL loss here is 100-300x that amount.

2. After I did the partial cashout for 0.1394 btc, I withdrew it from their site to my wallet and had nothing else left except the open bet with a stake of 0.067 BTC at 2.6 odds to win 0.174 BTC. I did this because I did not want to keep such a large amount on any gambling site as it is never 100% secure.

Here are the 3 variations of my ACTUAL losses that I had from this bet cancelation:

1. ACTUAL loss = 0.067 BTC (this was the remaining amount I had left on this bet at 2.6 odds which was about 50% of the partial cashout)
2. OPPORTUNITY COST loss = ~0.1 BTC (I could have cashed out everything the night before for 0.238 BTC and profited nearly 0.1 btc on top of my initial 0.14 btc bet). This to me is the real loss I suffered from this scenario in the case of a bet cancelation.
3. EXPECTED / WINNING loss = 0.174 BTC because in 99.9% of scenarios where this match would and should have been played out as usual despite the change of odds that happen ALL THE TIME, I would have earned 0.174 btc fair & square. Every other gambling site let the match play out as usual, so why can't FortuneJack do the same?

So no, they don't just owe me 0.0006 BTC, they owe me 100-300x that amount because of their unjustifiable reasoning and way of running their site. 

And no, no one from FortuneJack has reached out to me about this yet. I hope this can get their attention and they can fix this as soon as possible because I have been waiting over a month now and they don't seem to care at all and lately have been completely ignoring my emails.
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3901

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2020, 04:54:56 PM

1. The email was sent many hours after I had already partially cashed out 0.1394 btc from the day before. I would estimate that it was sent around 11-12 hours later and 2-3 hours before the start of the match.

And while from that standpoint or point of view you can say they owe me "0.0006 BTC", but what is that even gonna do? That's only gonna cover the fee to transfer my BTC and that's it. The REAL loss here is 100-300x that amount.

2. After I did the partial cashout for 0.1394 btc, I withdrew it from their site to my wallet and had nothing else left except the open bet with a stake of 0.067 BTC at 2.6 odds to win 0.174 BTC. I did this because I did not want to keep such a large amount on any gambling site as it is never 100% secure.

Here are the 3 variations of my ACTUAL losses that I had from this bet cancelation:

1. ACTUAL loss = 0.067 BTC (this was the remaining amount I had left on this bet at 2.6 odds which was about 50% of the partial cashout)
2. OPPORTUNITY COST loss = ~0.1 BTC (I could have cashed out everything the night before for 0.238 BTC and profited nearly 0.1 btc on top of my initial 0.14 btc bet). This to me is the real loss I suffered from this scenario in the case of a bet cancelation.
3. EXPECTED / WINNING loss = 0.174 BTC because in 99.9% of scenarios where this match would and should have been played out as usual despite the change of odds that happen ALL THE TIME, I would have earned 0.174 btc fair & square. Every other gambling site let the match play out as usual, so why can't FortuneJack do the same?

So no, they don't just owe me 0.0006 BTC, they owe me 100-300x that amount because of their unjustifiable reasoning and way of running their site. 

And no, no one from FortuneJack has reached out to me about this yet. I hope this can get their attention and they can fix this as soon as possible because I have been waiting over a month now and they don't seem to care at all and lately have been completely ignoring my emails.
Quoting the entire response for reference. I will PM FortuneJack to have an statement in here so that we know their story in public before I say anything else.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
EpicChamp (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 05:11:39 PM

Quoting the entire response for reference. I will PM FortuneJack to have an statement in here so that we know their story in public before I say anything else.

Thank you very much, that would be greatly appreciated!

Just to add to this, canceling this bet right before the start of the match was completely wrong & unethical as no other site did this, and I 100% believe I deserve to win this bet in full vs only getting 0.067 or 0.1 BTC back, much like the previous user above you mentioned. Plus, their reasoning for canceling the bet is completely inaccurate and illogical as well, as De Jong was never given 1.7 odds to win this match like they claimed in the initial email. You can even verify this through the oddsportal website.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 5935

Meh.

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 05:34:21 PM

FJ as a sportsbook has every right to cancel any match for any reason so long as they do it before it starts. You are not entitled to something because of it - had they done it when the game started or afterwards then you'd have a case here but as of now there is nothing. Bet was canceled BEFORE it was being played, what happened after matters not.

EpicChamp (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 05:42:04 PM

FJ as a sportsbook had every right to cancel any match for any reason do long as they do it before it starts. You are not entitled to something because of it - had they done it when the game started or afterwards then you'd have a case here but as of now there is nothing. Bet was canceled BEFORE it was being played, what happened after matters not.

Of course they can theoretically cancel a bet in advance, but they need to justify it with a valid reason; otherwise, they cannot just randomly cancel a bet in advance for no reason AFTER a user has already placed the bet. And in this case, their reasoning is completely wrong and invalid because their explanation is simply not true.

They claim that they did it because of a change of odds from 2.6 to 1.7, but 1.7 never happened and you can verify this with a site like oddsportal.

And now they can't just make something else up because it goes against their original explanation, so they should simply take responsibility for posting De Jong above 2.6 odds for several hours the day before, and anyone who bet on him to win at these odds should be rewarded for it. Fair & simple.

And canceling a bet because of a change of odds (even if it wasn't 1.7) is never a valid enough reason to cancel a bet/match, because odds change all the time in sports and they know that. It's not my fault that I got in at higher odds and then he dropped for whatever reason. It's not the first or last time this happens, and in the past bets have never gotten canceled because of this. (I cannot count how many times in the past I bet on a player to win at higher odds, and then his odds have dropped and I still won the bet - and same thing vice versa when it happened against me).
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 05:44:44 PM

FJ as a sportsbook had every right to cancel any match for any reason do long as they do it before it starts. You are not entitled to something because of it - had they done it when the game started or afterwards then you'd have a case here but as of now there is nothing. Bet was canceled BEFORE it was being played, what happened after matters not.

Of course they can theoretically cancel a bet in advance, but they need to justify it with a valid reason; otherwise, they cannot just randomly cancel a bet in advance for no reason AFTER a user has already placed the bet. And in this case, their reasoning is completely wrong and invalid because their explanation is simply not true.

They claim that they did it because of a change of odds from 2.6 to 1.7, but 1.7 never happened and you can verify this with a site like oddsportal.

And now they can't just make something else up because it goes against their original explanation, so they should simply take responsibility for posting De Jong above 2.6 odds for several hours the day before, and anyone who bet on him to win at these odds should be rewarded for it. Fair & simple.

Fair and simple.. For you?

Perhaps we should also look into anyone who placed a bet on the opposite result and retroactively take btc from their accounts to fund your "fair and simple win". That'll make sense right and it would be fair and simple to them too, right?

EpicChamp (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 05:50:00 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2020, 06:15:08 PM by EpicChamp

Fair and simple.. For you?

Perhaps we should also look into anyone who placed a bet on the opposite result and retroactively take btc from their accounts to fund your "fair and simple win". That'll make sense right and it would be fair and simple to them too, right?

It would be 100% fair because if they got in late then it's their problem, not mine. Betting odds change all the time and you have to take it at face value for what the odds are at PRESENT time, not what they were in the past or could be in the future or a few hours later.

If you don't do any gambling then you obv don't seem to get it or understand how this works.
Hhampuz
Legendary

Meh.

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 05:51:24 PM

Oh believe me - i get "it". You want to be paid for a game that was canceled BEFORE it was being played. If anything you don't seem to get it.

EpicChamp (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 05:57:45 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2020, 11:56:01 PM by EpicChamp

Oh believe me - i get "it". You want to be paid for a game that was canceled BEFORE it was being played. If anything you don't seem to get it.

Of course I deserve to get paid, because they had no valid explanation or reasoning to cancel this bet in advance to begin with. Every other site kept this bet open throughout the entire match DESPITE the drastic change of odds. I even have a friend who used another site and got in at even better odds than me (I think 2.8 or 3.0) and they counted his bet as a win.

Same with all the other betting sites. Because that is how it works and how it should always be done.

Yet FortuneJack refuses to pay me for my winning bet and then has the guts to take away all the stake I had on this bet and keep it to themselves. This is the part that annoys me the most.

In what world does this possibly make ANY sense?
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2020, 06:36:35 PM

FJ as a sportsbook has every right to cancel any match for any reason so long as they do it before it starts. You are not entitled to something because of it - had they done it when the game started or afterwards then you'd have a case here but as of now there is nothing. Bet was canceled BEFORE it was being played, what happened after matters not.

They might have the right to do it, but that doesn't make them not shady if they unjustifiably cancelled a bet. There's a reason sportsbooks don't cancel all bets that have had line movement against them.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
LEVSKI7

Activity: 502
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 07:50:41 PM

In principle, with a license from Curacao, they can do whatever they want.
EpicChamp (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 08:08:25 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2020, 11:57:35 PM by EpicChamp

In principle, with a license from Curacao, they can do whatever they want.

I'm sorry but if they can just do whatever they want then what's the point of even having any rules to begin with and betting with FortuneJack at all? I don't care where they're based, they should stick to basic universal & ethical rules and conduct fair play at all times.

I'm sick & tired of all these centralized companies who just bend the rules in their favor and do whatever they want while getting away with it. If you're going to operate a gambling site and/or casino, it MUST be fair play to both parties. Not in favor of anyone.

Otherwise, they will have a terrible reputation in the industry and it would be rightly so. Shocking coming from a company that's been around for such a long time.

If they don't reward me with my winning amount (or at the bare minimum give me my money back), I will never bet with them again and will NEVER say good things about them to anyone due to their shady, unethical, and unjust activities & behaviour.
spyrosc200

Activity: 272
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 08:11:03 PM

[/font]

Excuse me but what you wrote does not make sense.

FJ can void a bet before it was being played ONLY IF odds were obvious error.

OP placed a bet when odds were 2.60.

Bet was voided only after odds were down to 1.30.

When closing odds are 1.30 his probability of winning the bet were much higher than when he placed his bet. By voiding his bet, OP is the one who lost and not FJ.

This is not fair.

To summarize: - FJ can void this bet only if odds were obvious palp.
                      - If they wanted not to take any risk for this game, they should have forced him to fully cashed out his bet prior the game start but no way voiding his bet. Given
                         that odds moved in OP's favor, he would have a descent profit as well which is normal since he spotted good value at 2.60

LEVSKI7

Activity: 502
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 10:09:23 PM

https://justiceforpunters.org/complaining/
there were also many cases in which the court or the regulator forced bookmakers to pay for technical errors. for example, instead of odds 1.01, odds were given 101 and tens of millions were paid to players
EpicChamp (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 10:37:50 PM

https://justiceforpunters.org/complaining/
there were also many cases in which the court or the regulator forced bookmakers to pay for technical errors. for example, instead of odds 1.01, odds were given 101 and tens of millions were paid to players

That's an interesting case.

And as for my particular scenario - it was far from such a grandiose technical error. 
roosbit

Activity: 891
Merit: 43

Random coins :)

View Profile
December 29, 2020, 11:10:06 PM

This is interesting, from the three options OP had which is;

1. Cash out in full for around 0.238 BTC (0 risk and guaranteed instant reward of nearly 0.1 BTC)
2. Not cash out at all with a chance to win 0.364 BTC (100% risk and 0 guarantee of winning)
3. Cash out partially for whatever amount I wanted while still keeping the bet open (less risk and less return/reward, a nice balance of the 2)

If @EpicChamp choose option 3 of partially cashing out say 50% of initial wager which is 0.07 BTC instead of what he got how would have fortune Jack dealt with this ? Were they going to hold on the players other half siting T&Cs?? I don't think so!

IMO FJs mistake should not be passed onto its players,they should take the hit and save face...just my 2cents!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: