Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:56:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔴 FRAUD ALERT 🔴 AVOID FortuneJack AT ALL COSTS! (They Owe Me $6100)  (Read 367 times)
EpicChamp (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 03:36:13 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2021, 04:33:00 AM by EpicChamp

If it is in the terms and conditions, then I give you little chance in this matter. Fortunejack is an established name with a license, I can't imagine they would cheat for such a thing.
If that number from the odds was really way too high, you can expect that they will cancel it.

It is not in the terms & conditions. Their "reasoning" is complete bs and makes absolutely no sense.
~snip

I doubt you have read Fortunejack's terms and conditions. If you walk through them, you can see clearly that they reserve the right to cancel a bet at any time. The change/movement of the odds suits perfect in these rules from their terms. You blame users not to gamble because they post that Fortunejack is right. Do you ever gamble yourself? An experienced gambler always reads the general terms and conditions first, and he knows that the general terms and conditions are binding at all times. What Fortunejack has done is fair and also makes perfect sense.
Seems like a clear story and that should make an end to the discussion.
See screenshot.

2 Things:

1. The mistake needs to be OBVIOUS, as it clearly says at the top. And how exactly do you define and differentiate between an obvious mistake and one that isn't obvious? Let me tell you!

To me, this was far from an obvious mistake and was not as accidental or a technical error either as they claim.

Why? Because the fact that they kept dropping my player's odds by 0.2 units every 30mins for 2-3 hours (prior to entirely freezing this line and then making a big change to odds) tells me that this was not an "obvious" or "accidental" mistake at all. They knew about it for a long period of time, yet kept slowly decreasing/changing his odds intentionally, and only after like 3 hours they decided to make a big change to both of the player's odds.

And I'm sorry but this does not equate to an "accidental" or technical mistake at all. Normally when such an obvious mistake is made, the bookies freeze or change the odds of the line right away - they don't drag this on for many hours and wait to make an important change on their betting line when there is a mistake that is is THAT obvious, in which they could potentially lose thousands of dollars due to terrible odds of that line.

Also, this definitely was not an "obvious" mistake to begin with because I can give you 10+ reasons as to why it would make a lot of sense for his opponent (Altamirano) to be the favorite going into this match and have more favorable odds initially. For example, he's 5 years older, he's more experienced at challengers, and he has a higher career ranking (amongst other reasons) that give him many advantages and a mental edge going into this match.

So him being given 1.4-1.5 odds to win this match is not that surprising or unreasonable considering their similar ranking as well as many other factors. But the point is, that this was definitely not an obvious mistake because it makes a lot of sense for why they would put his opponent as the big favorite in this match instead of the player I bet on.

However, a great example of an obvious mistake is when you have a match like a Roger Federer vs Fernando Verdasco on grass or hard courts, where Federer "accidentally" got listed at 5.0+ odds of winning instead of say 1.2-1.3 like he was intended to initially. In this case, no one can say, support or back up Verdsaco ever being such a huge favorite to beat Federer on a grass or hard court in any way. So that would be a much better example of an "obvious" error that was a complete accident & placed unintentionally.

But in my situation that is definitely not the case because the opponents' level was very similar/even, and that's why the player I bet on was not listed as a favorite to begin with. He was listed between 2.6-3.2 universally across all betting sites, because all betting sites thought at first that he wouldn't be the favorite (not just FortuneJack), but then for whatever reason they changed their mind and thus changed the odds.

My point is, that this was not an obvious mistake because I can give you many reasons to justify why he was an underdog initially and his opponent was the favorite to win. It certainly did not feel like an obvious mistake at the time.

2. They can cancel the line and change the odds going forward for everyone who hasn't yet made a bet - but for those who have, it is already too late because they already made their bet official and it's already registered in their system.

Once a bet is made, the odds of the bet are locked at face value until the start of the match, regardless what it was in the past or what it might be in the future. Everyone gets in slightly different odds, and some people always have more favorable odds than others - that's the way it is.

But you cannot cancel a bet for 1 person, and not cancel it for other people for the same match after a bet has already been made. It's completely unfair and wrong in many ways. Either you cancel it for everyone, or cancel for no one - and since they still kept it open for betting before and during the match, then that means they haven't cancled it for everyone.

So how is it fair that they canceled it to me and no one else? It's not, and that's not allowed.

And did they also send the same email to anyone who bet on his opponent too, who went from a 1.4-1.5 favorite to 3.0+ after the change? For some reason I HIGHLY doubt it, because why would they?

At the end of the day, odds change all the time in sports bettings, but it's never valid reasoning to cancel a bet because of that. It only makes sense to cancel a bet if a player retires, withdraws, or the match gets delayed because of bad weather. Any other reason (even if it was accidental which is not the case here either), is 100% their responsibility and the bettor should not be penalized for making a bet at odds that were given to him at the time of making the bet. Otherwise it goes against all fair play and the rules too.

I also find it pretty disturbing that out of all the big online gambling sites, FortuneJack is the only one who canceled this bet before the start of the match and refuses to pay my winning amount, and then also has the audacity to take away the remaining stake of my bet too! (Which is equivalent to $2500 USD).

I don't know about you, but sounds pretty crazy to me and crosses all boundaries.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 06:12:16 AM

im afraid fortunejack have gone downhill year after year, and they absolutely do not like paying out these days.

I believe that they had answered your concern in their Thread OP ? the Best place is  Scam and accusation/Reputation section in which FJ had already dealing with you.

FortuneJack's official statement regarding the case can be accessed within our main thread.

Kind request to the mods: as the same thread is already opened into the 'Scam Accusations' category, would it be possible to close the extra ones, as multiple and yet active discussions mislead the community, cause all the information gets burned down while the members are sharing their feedback.

-
Thanks in advance, Tornike
So OP or MOD i think this thread Should Be Lock for now until the proper answer and dealings done in the right manner .

Because this comes a Conflict of interest in both parties specially in FJ that has been actively giving their part to address this concern.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
EpicChamp (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 06:41:15 AM

im afraid fortunejack have gone downhill year after year, and they absolutely do not like paying out these days.

I believe that they had answered your concern in their Thread OP ? the Best place is  Scam and accusation/Reputation section in which FJ had already dealing with you.

FortuneJack's official statement regarding the case can be accessed within our main thread.

Kind request to the mods: as the same thread is already opened into the 'Scam Accusations' category, would it be possible to close the extra ones, as multiple and yet active discussions mislead the community, cause all the information gets burned down while the members are sharing their feedback.

-
Thanks in advance, Tornike
So OP or MOD i think this thread Should Be Lock for now until the proper answer and dealings done in the right manner .

Because this comes a Conflict of interest in both parties specially in FJ that has been actively giving their part to address this concern.

It's funny how you mention that FortuneJack is dealing with this on their thread and the Scam section, when they only replied back to me only 3 times in the past 2 weeks since I first opened my thread and shared my poor experience with them, with the 2nd time being an exact duplicate response they posted on another thread from a few days or week before.  

They also haven't replied to my emails from previous weeks and neither have they replied to the PM I sent them on here.

Their 3rd reply only came in yesterday/today and the first one about 7-10 days ago.

So much for a great customer service!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: