Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:07:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XRP SEC lawsuit complaint  (Read 291 times)
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2021, 09:44:54 AM

I m quite sure that is only the beginning that 'investors' or clients go the way of claim money on any loss cause of ill defined product sales

Btc not different

https://coingeek.com/delaware-chancery-court-approves-temporary-restraining-order-vs-ripple/

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 01, 2021, 07:30:39 AM

https://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/2020/comp-pr2020-338.pdf

The SEC complaint against ripple XRP is really well written and basically an easier read than I thought it would be.  On page 28.  Only thing that might apply to BTC is this one section:

54. Both memos warned that XRP was unlikely to be considered “currency” under the
Exchange Act because, unlike “traditional currencies,” XRP was not backed by a central government
and was not legal tender.

Most of everything else applies to the company ripple promoting and selling the XRP which would obviously not apply to BTC or BCH since there is no company connection.

Thoughts? 
The lawsuit filed by the SEC against Ripple Labs and the two executives of this company does not relate to the illegality of the issuance or circulation of the ripple cryptocurrency. Therefore, when this judicial hype is over, ripple must again recover in its former positions.
Most likely, Ripple Labs will lose the lawsuit and be forced to pay heavy penalties. However, there is still a small chance that the court will not recognize ripple as a security and, accordingly, the SEC's powers in relation to this company and the ripple cryptocurrency.

hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2021, 08:05:15 AM

ETH comparision - is SEC security as well -

https://www.crypto-news-flash.com/ripple-makes-sec-lawsuit-a-winner-takes-all-game-says-lawyer/

there is always social contracts

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
icopress
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 7793

light_warrior ... 🕯️

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2021, 04:21:10 PM

XRP rose from 0.24 to 0.75 in just one day ... Given that Ripple is under the microscope, it's odd that a simple blog post gave an unusually powerful boost. I think Chris Larsen's statement gave another reason for the SEC to start another investigation. I see that Ripple has published quite a lot of information on his blog, but I do not see their official answer on the SEC website (usually such answers are in the public domain). Therefore, I dare to assume that they communicate in an informal setting, which is rather strange. They also quoted the Director, Division of Enforcement SEC ...

Quote from: ripple
The complaint filed by the SEC is full of cherry-picked quotes taken out of context, and draws conclusions that are unsupported by both the facts and the law. Through our response we start to clarify the record. While we can’t get into all of the specifics in this format (that will happen as the case progresses), you’ll see we denied many of the SEC’s  allegations.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████