Bitcoin Forum
July 16, 2024, 05:27:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do now? run away or mine?  (Read 1089 times)
cdata (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:39:17 PM

Hi

I will make a short story to give you background.

In October when BTC was hitting 1200$ I bought KNC miner (330GH/s) for ~8000$. Mining was very profitable then. After one moth I realised that this will not last long due to diff increase. I managed to sell KNC miner for 14000$ !!!! I took my profit (6000$) and invested this in few rigs(two rigs 3x 7950 and two rigs 4x280x). In January I placed pre order for Alpha Net Viper (25MH/s now is 90MH/s). In February I bought LA3M. So now I have 13MH/s. I don't what to invest more money. I always invest only earnings generated on mining.

Now scrypt mining is not so profitable - in Poland where energy cost is 0.20$/kwh it's very close to the profit limit (I'm not interested in 500$ earning). And soon I can have a problem with payment for Alpha net pre order ( I'm not earning enough to gather money).
Question is what I should do next:
1)Sell everything and cancel my preorder? This will give me around 9000$-10000$. And I will be out of business
2)Switch to Scrypt-N mining or other coins that are not affected by ASIC? Hopefully prices will rise
3)Sell rigs and order 4 more LA3M? This will give me more less this same rigs speed but power costs will not be a problem
4)Sell everything, pay rest for pre order and keep fingers crossed that Alpha Technology is not scam and they will send ASIC in July.
5)Something else?

I'm changing my mind everyday in last few days so any suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:42:40 PM

Mine Vertcoin!! That is the short answer. Because no ASIC maker will make a dedicated ASIC chip for just one coin. Also it will worth a lot in 3 years time, just like BTC 3 years ago, it will worth a lot.
PeerMedia

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:28:26 AM

Mining when there's ASIC's involved is all about timing, when to buy the ASIC, how long to mine and when to sell before it loses values and then repeat. Its very stressful and I personally prefer to stick to coins that don't have ASIC's. So for me, I'll move to other GPU based mining which don't have ASIC's yet or simply sell them off. Scrypt mining days are numbered Sad
JHammer

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:22:26 AM

I know..  Alt Coins are dead..  Doom and Gloom.. Doom and Gloom..   Get out now if you are still mining any Alt Coins..  They are all dead forever.. Doom and Gloom.. Doom and Gloom..

You will make more selling lemonade on a stand on your street then mining any Alt Coins. Got out while you still can.. 

Dooom and Gloooooom   Dooooooooooom and Gloooooooooooooom…..

Get out now and save yourself..   
Use your GPU’s to play TitanFall.
gsupp

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:08:53 PM

I know..  Alt Coins are dead..  Doom and Gloom.. Doom and Gloom..   Get out now if you are still mining any Alt Coins..  They are all dead forever.. Doom and Gloom.. Doom and Gloom..

You will make more selling lemonade on a stand on your street then mining any Alt Coins. Got out while you still can.. 

Dooom and Gloooooom   Dooooooooooom and Gloooooooooooooom…..

Do I detect a note of sarcasm in your writing?  Grin
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:25:44 PM

Do I detect a note of sarcasm in your writing?  Grin
yeah nobody should play an EA game for fuck's sake.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
grippy54

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:42:47 PM

It sounds like you made some nice profit. Don't sweat it too much.

My suggestion is mine an ASIC resistant coin with your gpus. Point your LA3M at a multipool and forget about it.   Wink
nem2k

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:42:02 AM

does anyone have thoughts on mining a scrypt N coin like vertcoin vs. mining a X11 coin like hirocoin? X11 claims to even out the playing field moreso than N factor coins, because once the N increases, even normal GPUs will be negatively affected by that
HeadsOrTails

Activity: 233
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:43:07 AM

Question is what I should do next:
1)Sell everything and cancel my preorder? This will give me around 9000$-10000$. And I will be out of business
2)Switch to Scrypt-N mining or other coins that are not affected by ASIC? Hopefully prices will rise
3)Sell rigs and order 4 more LA3M? This will give me more less this same rigs speed but power costs will not be a problem
4)Sell everything, pay rest for pre order and keep fingers crossed that Alpha Technology is not scam and they will send ASIC in July.
5)Something else?

I'm changing my mind everyday in last few days so any suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards

Sell up. Mining in it's current form is dead IMO
21solider21

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:04:03 PM

I recommend you to decide wisely and according to you financial status. Perhaps you should only sell off 50% of your mining gear and try mining some N-scrypt coins. At least I would probably do that.
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:36:50 PM

Switch to scrypt-n and mine while you can or you can mine darkcoin it's energy efficient and you power cost will also reduced.
Coinmin

Activity: 483

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:21:47 AM

I think that at least 1 more year (or even more), you can use the rigs. During this time, you get a triple benefit. And then time will tell.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: