Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:07:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Log miner´s uptime Win10  (Read 354 times)
Cryptomining2003 (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 09:30:51 AM

Hey guys..

I´m using miners like Phoenix on my Win10 gaming machine and run them via command line window.
Is there a miner that logs it´s uptime? I would like to have a monthly summary of my mining time for calculation of energy costs and profitability of income (use another wallet, so I see what this machine mines alone). I already found out that AwesomeMiner has a time-logging when you have the pro version. But there must be some other possibilities.
Programs used for time recording wont work as suggested with batch files Sad and most of them only work when the program it records has focus...so I think I need a built-in function to log.

Maybe there´s a tool that can read the online-times out of a pool...

Claymore´s Remote Manager tool EthMan logs the uptime, but if you close the program it resets the time and starts from 0, so not suitable to get a summary for a whole month.

Any idea?

Thx guys
safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1624

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 02:02:32 PM

If you want to calculate electricity consumption, then the simplest and cheapest option is to buy an electricity meter. For example, in Russia it costs 10 dollars. Miners and other programs do not correctly calculate the power consumption, because you need the power consumption of the entire farm from the wall.

Option 2 is a little more expensive
or any wi-fi socket with this function

Cryptomining2003 (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 02:00:54 PM

the powermeter would measure electricity for gaming and mining. So no solution for what I asked for Sad
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 03:30:49 PM

The point is you will need an external meter to measure actual power consumption.  The computer cannot do this on its own.  You need to measure at the outlet what is being drawn.  

Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/BTMETER-Multimeter-Auto-Ranging-Resistance-Measuring/dp/B07C238GTP/ref=sr_1_58_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=data+logging+power+meter&qid=1609514922&sr=8-58-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzN0JBNk9aVVJIR00yJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNzA5OTQ0MUVCUE45TVFSSkRUMCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNTM3NDA4M0NRUDZQWFRFVFVGMiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2J0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Other wise its just an estimate on power usage....the mining software cannot measure fully all power being drawn on the system.
Cryptomining2003 (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 10:57:31 AM

I do not want to measure the power !
I want to measure the time the phoenixminer.exe runs. That´s 2 different things.

I dont know why you always suggest hardware for measuring power from the wall.

It´s time....measured in hours or days that I need. For only 1 program, not the whole uptime of the pc. The time the miner runs per month.....300 hours in december, 500 hours in november. that´s what I want to know. Hope you now understand my question.

Thx
miner29

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 06:37:01 PM

I do not want to measure the power !
I want to measure the time the phoenixminer.exe runs. That´s 2 different things.

I dont know why you always suggest hardware for measuring power from the wall.

It´s time....measured in hours or days that I need. For only 1 program, not the whole uptime of the pc. The time the miner runs per month.....300 hours in december, 500 hours in november. that´s what I want to know. Hope you now understand my question.

Thx

Sorry misunderstood the request....my miners are on ethos and mmpos and both show how long miners been running.....so i can suggest getting a mining os as thry track this info.  Ive only ever mined 24/7/365 so wasnt on my radar.

I would think you could write a batch file to record the time when miner starts and stops.  Then its just math.  

Some mining software actually show mining time....TeamRedMiner show this in mining display.
Cryptomining2003 (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 09:44:13 AM

As I need Windows for my gaming machine, I cant use a mining os Sad
Phoenix shows it´s uptime too when it´s running.
Bbut when I close the miner, play a game and then restart the miner, it resets it´s count to 0. So I would need to write down the time every time. That´s not what I´m looking for.
miner29

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 02:05:34 PM

What about having it record the start and stop times as part of the batch file that executes the miner?

Cryptomining2003 (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 09:01:06 AM

that would work. but I start / stop it several times a day. I would love to see a solution that calculates the uptime automatically, without manual adding the times.
I could write start and stop times into a txt file and then automate the calculation of week / monthly uptime...but I´m not a programmer, I cant do a small program by myself, that´s why I asked if there´s some solution that´s already available.

awesomeminer logs the total uptime and you can show the total per month. but ONLY for the payed version of awesomeminer.
the pool logs uptime for each miner, but you can only show charts when your miners are online, you have no addition of the total uptime.

argl...
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 09:48:57 AM

that would work. but I start / stop it several times a day. I would love to see a solution that calculates the uptime automatically, without manual adding the times.
I could write start and stop times into a txt file and then automate the calculation of week / monthly uptime...but I´m not a programmer, I cant do a small program by myself, that´s why I asked if there´s some solution that´s already available.

awesomeminer logs the total uptime and you can show the total per month. but ONLY for the payed version of awesomeminer.
the pool logs uptime for each miner, but you can only show charts when your miners are online, you have no addition of the total uptime.

argl...

Use Awesomeminer for example. It is free for 2 PC´s and you can see the mining history. There you can see how many % it mines a day, a week and many more things.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: