Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:32:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Loan scam in India allegedly headed by a Chinese Narional  (Read 599 times)
iamsheikhadil

Activity: 1022
Merit: 133

View Profile
February 20, 2021, 05:05:49 AM

The concern isn't related to just one app though. If you search on playstore, there are thousands of "instant loan" apps and many of them are based on India as well. These loan providers doesn't give loan for many months, they give for tenures like 7 days or 15 days with very very high rate of interest. I have had experience with one such app, and if you are late for repaying by even one single day, they will start to call your contacts and threaten them even. It's high-time that government should do something about these apps and their owners. These app owners and their collection team should be immediately jailed without any parole for atleast 10 years. Their harrasment has lead to suicide of many victims.
There are a lot of laws around this. You can't even open a loan providing company or what we call a Non-Banking Financial Company in India without the approval of RBI. There are penalties if you open one without permission. Once you get registration you are regularly administered and can be sued if you do anything wrong. So I think every borrower should keep this caveat in their minds whenever they seek money to only take loans from apps or websites which are registered with RBI generally the companies would show this as a bold Banner because RBI mandates them to do so I think it's the borrower who should stay aware about all such things. 
I disagree, it's not the borrower's fault at all for failing to check if a company is registered or not, it's the RBI and the government should check if there are any institutions or company which are doing illegal business by providing short term loans and collecting heavy interest and also insulting and threatening the victims. Government should order playstore to ban such apps, because there are many people who might need money urgently and they aren't really educated enough and they get trapped into such apps, should we blame them? It's the government who should prevent such apps and companies from doing their business in our country.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
February 20, 2021, 06:48:35 AM

And this is a really critical problem - with the help of cryptocurrencies and fraud with them, you can deceive people in big quantity and not bear any punishment for this, because you can very easily hide yourself.
If some impure microfinance organization working with Fiat will behave like this, it will immediately be closed, convicted, fined and returned (not always, but still) the money to the victims.
With cryptocurrency, you sometimes can't even know who is really behind all this and you have no one to complain to. Until this is fixed, any talk that "everyone needs cryptocurrency" is as pointless as fighting Poseidon by throwing spears into the water.
SmokerFace

Activity: 958
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 08:21:43 AM

I think there's a possibility of hidden power trying to make Indians sell their bitcoin because the amount of bitcoins owned by Indians is huge.
And this is not the first time we're seeing this like News faking bitcoin ban.

The number of Bitcoin users may be quite large in India (anywhere from 2 million to 10 million). But the volume of Bitcoin held by them is quite small when compared to the case in other countries. Out of the total circulating supply of 18.7 million, only around 2-3% may be held by Indians. Because India was quite late to the party. Bitcoin hype started here from 2017 onwards, while in other countries the adoption started much earlier.

I don't think it's only 2-3% Indians there's a good possibility that this '%' could be much more.

Because India was quite late to the party.

I don't think India was late to the party there's also a good possibility that the number is much more disregarding Hype.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: