Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:07:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Failing on receiving lightning network tx  (Read 271 times)
ethereal1m (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 07:41:45 AM

Hi,
I try to receive fund from my nicehash account using electrum lighning network feature, but it keeps failing. What I did:

1. On the electrum side, create an open channel, set amount.
2. Create invoice in receiver tab, set amount, copy invoice.
3. On nicehash btc wallet lightning network withdrawal, I paste the invoice.
4. Confirm transaction.
5. However, transaction got rejected. My nicehash account value isn't deducted.

How can I troubleshoot this?

Regards
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 08:32:51 AM

3. On nicehash btc wallet lightning network withdrawal, I paste the invoice.

Before you try to receive coins over the Lightning Network, you need to ensure that your channel has incoming capacity. See the explanation below.

In order to receive Lightning payments, some conditions must be met:

1. Nothing can be received immediately after creating a new payment channel, as ‘room’ for incoming funds has to be made by spending some funds first. A payment channel can be thought of as a full bottle of water: in order to pour something in one first has to pour something out.

2. Each channel implicitly contains a reserve which is unspendable and typically takes about 2% of the channel’s capacity. You must spend an amount matching that reserve to make receiving possible. Unspendable channel reserve is the reason you see a negative receive limit when a new channel is full. It indicates how much you need to spend before anything can be received through the channel.

3. Every payment request is disposable, they can’t be fulfilled twice. So you will need to issue a new individual payment request for every incoming payment you wish to receive.

4. Wallet needs to be online in order to receive off-chain funds.

You can also gain incoming capacity by having someone open a channel to you. Check out "Receiving a payment" section in my Electrum Lightning Network walkthrough thread for some useful tips. Consider reading "Basics of The Lightning Network" and "The Lightning Network FAQ".
ethereal1m (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 10:13:13 AM

So I need to send some btc to a wallet that has a receiving capacity on its lightning network channel? Is there a sevice that provide this kind of thing?
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 10:22:17 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2021, 10:38:10 AM by Rath_

So I need to send some btc to a wallet that has a receiving capacity on its lightning network channel?

Yes. By the way, if you don't want to worry about incoming capacity and your node's connectivity then BlueWallet might a good choice. It is a custodial Lightning wallet which is fairly easy to use. A third-party handles the most difficult parts of using the Lightning Network.

Is there a sevice that provide this kind of thing?

There are some services which will accept your Lightning payment and send you an on-chain payment for a small fee and vice-versa. The only such service I can recall is Lightning Conductor. You could also send some of your funds to an exchange which supports deposits over the Lightning Network.
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 5724

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 03:37:32 AM
Merited by Rath_ (3)

So I need to send some btc to a wallet that has a receiving capacity on its lightning network channel? Is there a sevice that provide this kind of thing?
There's a third-party feature that'll enable to to have some inbound capacity, that's the "swap" button in the 'channels' tab (View->Show Channels).
To use it, you need to wait for your channel to reconnect (open status), then input an amount in "You send x BTC" (at least 0.0002), all of the info will be updated depending on what you input,
that includes a "service fee" and on-chain transaction fee.

After using the feature, a set of transactions will be held and the amount you've input will be sent to your on-chain balance and deducted from your lightning balance.
A portion (most) of that amount will be added to your inbound capacity.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ethereal1m (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 03:38:58 PM

After using the feature, a set of transactions will be held and the amount you've input will be sent to your on-chain balance and deducted from your lightning balance.

For example if I want to make my inbound capacity 0.002, I need to pay that much?

ethereal1m (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 03:41:01 PM

Will this work? I deposit some amount into my nicehash wallet using lightning network to open my wallet inbound channel.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 12:05:18 AM

For example if I want to make my inbound capacity 0.002, I need to pay that much?

No, you will have to pay more. You need to pay a service a fee and cover the on-chain transaction fee just like nc50lc said.

Will this work? I deposit some amount into my nicehash wallet using lightning network to open my wallet inbound channel.

You will gain inbound capacity, but, in your case, it doesn't make much sense since you want to withdraw from NiceHash. You could spend your coins over the LN elsewhere or try using BlueWallet.
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 5724

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 03:24:37 AM

Quite, and that must be in your lightning funds' outbound capacity, not on-chain.
But you're not actually "paying" that amount, it will be sent back to your on-chain funds, you'll only pay the service fee.

The fee, it's what written in the swap window (changes depending on BTC trading price) and the on-chain transaction fee.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████