Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:33:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When Alt Season Thread  (Read 667 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 02:33:46 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2021, 04:21:37 PM by qwizzie

Well performing cryptocoins today from top 20 (https://coinmarketcap.com/coins/)

Source : messari.io

Dash price explodes 100%, BCH breaks out as Bitcoin cools off below $40K
https://cointelegraph.com/news/dash-price-explodes-100-bch-breaks-out-as-bitcoin-cools-off-below-40k

However, the biggest gainer over the past 24 hours is Dash with its price rising roughly 40%. During the short parabolic rally, DASH surged by over 100% from $95 to as high as $194, only to pull back to the $140 level.

With regards to Dash, there is also this little snippet of information :

A major announcement for DASH is coming at the end of the month rumoured to be inclusion into the Grayscale Trust as a new insitutional investment vehicle to allow the Wall St. fat cats easy access to accumulate DASH.

If true, it would not be unreasonable to expect an even stronger price movement for Dash end of the month.

Also strong price performance from Ethereum Classic (+26.92%) today. Looks like whales are slowly starting to diversy their assets into Altcoins.
One altcoin after another is getting pumped these days.

Altcoins are still very far away from Altcoin Year / Altcoin Season / Altcoin Month.
Link : https://www.blockchaincenter.net/altcoin-season-index/

Of course you don't want to wait untill it is actually Altcoin Season, before investing in Altcoins.
That needs to be done before that, to maximize one's own profits (personal opinion, not investment advice).

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sarmrakib

Activity: 1292
Merit: 101

Vave.com

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 03:06:37 PM

although I am not sure, but the best altcoin number 2 (Etherium) is already making a big move, whether it can trigger for the altseason no one knows ..
Hopefully we can take a look back at this year's altseason that crypto users have been waiting for.
We are really waiting for altseason .As you said we have seen a huge bullish movement by eth .Its eyeing to us that altseason are so near to start .We have seen most of the top coin has got a good bullish trend and the momentum clearly shows us that altsesaon are starting .

tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 11, 2021, 04:51:50 PM

Not sure about you guys but I think that’s about it with this nice little alt run, if you could even call it that.  There was no definitive alt szn this time around imo.  It was all about BTC.  Let’s hope the next one is better.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
DGBfanster

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2021, 07:39:57 PM

Almost everyone is expecting the Altcoins season to happen, but Bitcoin is falling in price very quickly. and it also threatens the season of Altcoins can come to an end, we see a red color covering coinmarketcap
This happened in 2017... don't you guys read charts?

Again, this is the first dump. BTC will rise from ~25k again and some alts will start to rise again. March there will be another dump on BTC. And alts will skyrocket from there. Simple trading plan, follow and profit.
foxymethoxy

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2021, 07:49:25 PM

Well performing cryptocoins today from top 20 (https://coinmarketcap.com/coins/)

https://i.imgur.com/tgVGhmm.jpg
Source : messari.io

Dash price explodes 100%, BCH breaks out as Bitcoin cools off below $40K
https://cointelegraph.com/news/dash-price-explodes-100-bch-breaks-out-as-bitcoin-cools-off-below-40k

However, the biggest gainer over the past 24 hours is Dash with its price rising roughly 40%. During the short parabolic rally, DASH surged by over 100% from $95 to as high as $194, only to pull back to the $140 level.

With regards to Dash, there is also this little snippet of information

fyi. it's not because of grayscale. institutions do their best to not affect price as much as they can. if they did something like that, it would endanger their certs + investor interest if it was obvious; no one would give them professional access if they are manipulating the market.

now... a lot of ordinary folks all doing it at once while coordinated?

: )
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 11, 2021, 10:26:19 PM

Almost everyone is expecting the Altcoins season to happen, but Bitcoin is falling in price very quickly. and it also threatens the season of Altcoins can come to an end, we see a red color covering coinmarketcap
Too early to end the altseason and I’m confident that Bitcoin will bounce back or at least stabilize on a good price for a while and the alt season will take over the market. There’s a lot of good altcoins that didn’t dump that much so I think there’s a good support level and when the pullback is done, we can start the bull trend again with altcoins.
aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 09:47:19 AM

Altcoin season, the season when many altcoins will pump massively; however I don't think it will happen this time around or will not be happening anytime soon, because on one hand Bitcoin is still increasing and maintaining a good price and on the other, some selected altcoins are already bullish with Bitcoin and have so far grown so much. Therefore, to the best of my knowledge, what i can deduce so far from the market is that, good altcoins are growing with Bitcoin not minding its dominance and others are still struggling waiting for altcoin season, therefore so far more attention is still on Bitcoin and top altcoins like Ethereum, altcoin season seems to be far fetched. Thus, it's better getting into any top altcoin or any good altcoin than waiting for altcoin season which might not happen soon.
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 08:07:14 PM

Altcoin season, the season when many altcoins will pump massively; however I don't think it will happen this time around or will not be happening anytime soon, because on one hand Bitcoin is still increasing and maintaining a good price and on the other, some selected altcoins are already bullish with Bitcoin and have so far grown so much. Therefore, to the best of my knowledge, what i can deduce so far from the market is that, good altcoins are growing with Bitcoin not minding its dominance and others are still struggling waiting for altcoin season, therefore so far more attention is still on Bitcoin and top altcoins like Ethereum, altcoin season seems to be far fetched. Thus, it's better getting into any top altcoin or any good altcoin than waiting for altcoin season which might not happen soon.

Here’s the thing..  BTC has been by far out performing alts.  It has been rising faster and bigger.  If you’re betting on alts, sure you’d have some gains but you’re leaving money on the table if you aren’t holding BTC instead.

On the other hand if BTC is being sold down, everything is sold down...  BTC should go sideways for a bit for alt season to start.  I think there’ll be a time for that.  But it will be short.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 09:02:46 PM

Too early to end the altseason and I’m confident that Bitcoin will bounce back or at least stabilize on a good price for a while and the alt season will take over the market. There’s a lot of good altcoins that didn’t dump that much so I think there’s a good support level and when the pullback is done, we can start the bull trend again with altcoins.
The price of bitcoin and most of the alts rallied in the past few months and even though we are seeing some minor corrections the market is recovering in a couple of days. The only coins that did not rally during this period is the shit tokens that were created during the last rally and most of the coins died and there is no way they will rally nor expect to see any movement even though some of the projects are trying to shill to garner some momentum. The rest of the top coins rallied
MacHenry

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 10:37:52 PM

History suggests that altcoins may be set for take off as Bitcoin achieves record high prices. History has it that, in the past two bull seasons where Bitcoin has outperformed its all time high, altcoins have typically rallied in its wake. I think before the alt season sets in, there must be a major correction as bitcoin pump to over $40,000 needs a major correction, after which investors will move funds from bitcoin to altcoins. This may happen between now and March.
rhomelmabini

Activity: 2002
Merit: 578

View Profile
January 14, 2021, 02:01:00 PM

History suggests that altcoins may be set for take off as Bitcoin achieves record high prices. History has it that, in the past two bull seasons where Bitcoin has outperformed its all time high, altcoins have typically rallied in its wake. I think before the alt season sets in, there must be a major correction as bitcoin pump to over $40,000 needs a major correction, after which investors will move funds from bitcoin to altcoins. This may happen between now and March.
Oh, what a bold statement but I partly believe in it until we see those huge spikes especially on altcoins paired with BTC usually I think they'll be the game changer. This are all speculations but I believe alt season is imminent and as always if it does I will totally not miss out this time. FOMO la FOMO.

But for the Bitcoin price reaching another ATH is a trend again if it's going to hit $50k this time or more between now and next month since I don't think there will be a bull in March.
I believe we may not touch $50k yet but I think $42k was enough to trigger an altseason, but who knows we may get onto huge numbers even up to $100k (which I speculate to happen by last quarter).
rhomelmabini

Activity: 2002
Merit: 578

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 04:57:14 AM

Yeah, not yet but look at the price of Bitcoin today it seems like the bear trap is done doing their job. From $33k up to $40k looks like we are back again in business and if Bitcoin continue to pump within this month it may be positive pump to other altcoins but I don't think most altcoins will experience the bull market, just look at the CMC and most altcoins aren't on the green side.
Might be but likely this looks a consolidation case on my end and that's a good thing if we can break the past days resistance but if not then I'd be really expecting a consolidation with higher lows. The only win-win I can think of is picking the right alts because if bitcoin cap goes higher alts goes higher too and moreover if bitcoin cap goes lower then people will look for altcoins and altcoins cap may surge up.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 05:04:35 AM

Yeah, not yet but look at the price of Bitcoin today it seems like the bear trap is done doing their job. From $33k up to $40k looks like we are back again in business and if Bitcoin continue to pump within this month it may be positive pump to other altcoins but I don't think most altcoins will experience the bull market, just look at the CMC and most altcoins aren't on the green side.
But again drops to 38k , i think the maintaining value of Bitcoin now is 35,000-40,000$ while looking for a chance to finally break the 45,000 so 50k will be an easy target.

But altcoin season seems to be hard to come now , because of this stable Bitcoin domination the chance of increasing the investors are smaller .

But of course there will be a Big Player that may do the Job sooner , for the altcoin season to be in Possible way.

RondoAnyar

Activity: 651
Merit: 101

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 03:26:00 PM

Look, now that the altcoin season has arrived, look at the ethereum price for example, it's already at $ 1176 on CoinMarketCap. so I think now the altcoin season is in a good position, even though it can't be maximized but it has shown a good position than last year

tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 06:55:06 PM

^  It hasn’t.  I’m not sure how you’re looking at the market but it kinda looks slightly bearish to me.  Dunno...  But alts have been gaining against BTC a bit.  We’ll see how it goes.

https://www.blockchaincenter.net/altcoin-season-index/

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 07:03:32 AM

Its looks like the prices for Bitcoin and Ether retreat from their recent highs, the strong performance of other cryptocurrencies indicate traders and investors may now be turning to alternative coins for potential high returns so this is the positive sign of it as we have seen altcoins pump both before and after previous correction in ways that we have not really seen since 2017 so hopefully Alt season will happen this year.  
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2021, 06:06:17 PM

It’s coming guys...  A growing number of alts are finally trending against BTC.  And it’s about time they start to decouple tbh.  DOT, AVA, ALGO, ADA all looking strong.

https://www.blockchaincenter.net/altcoin-season-index/

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 12:21:59 PM

What BTC is doing now is exactly what needs to happen to get alt season going.  Just weak sideways action with alts catching up and ALT/BTC pairs performing and in the green.  We need those green candle shoots.  Smiley

Been looking at the ALT/USD laggards.  SXP/USD and OXT/USD...  These little guys should trend up any day now.

Edit:  And FIL/USD.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████