Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:05:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet balance after closing lighting network channels  (Read 125 times)
ethereal1m (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 04:11:47 AM
Merited by Rath_ (3)

2 questions:
1. After I closed a lightning network channel and force closed another one, my coin was split into 3 addresses: 1 was the main mount, the other 2 were for the channels and they became "change" type.
Can I make them back into one address again? Because I usually view my wallet balance through blockchain explorer using one address.

2. After I force closed a channel, the offchain credited the wallet around 1.8mbtc, so that the ledger showed the amount balance of 36.6mbtc. However the summary coin balance only shows 34.6 mbtc.
why there is a discrepancy? This means that the offchain credit doesn't reflect to the coin balance even though the transaction is confirmed on chain. What is going on?

regards

Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 10:07:17 AM

Can I make them back into one address again? Because I usually view my wallet balance through blockchain explorer using one address.

Yes. Simply, send coins from those addresses to your "main" address. You can spend coins from a specific address by enabling "Addresses" tab in the "View" tab, right-clicking the address in the "Addresses" tab and selecting "Spend". You can spend coins from multiple addresses at once. Before right-clicking any address, hold control and use LMB to select those addresses. It might be a better idea to use your Master Public Key to track all of your addresses. You will avoid paying for unnecessary transactions this way.

What is going on?

You need to be more specific. What do you mean by "the ledger showed"? Was it in Electrum or Ledger Live?
ethereal1m (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 01:04:08 PM

Yes. Simply, send coins from those addresses to your "main" address. You can spend coins from a specific address by enabling "Addresses" tab in the "View" tab, right-clicking the address in the "Addresses" tab and selecting "Spend". You can spend coins from multiple addresses at once. Before right-clicking any address, hold control and use LMB to select those addresses. It might be a better idea to use your Master Public Key to track all of your addresses. You will avoid paying for unnecessary transactions this way.

I'm using electrum in linux ubuntu, the funded addresses that I want to make as a main address has type "change". I hold ctrl key, but nothing happened. What is LMB? How to use Master Public Key to track all the addresses?

You need to be more specific. What do you mean by "the ledger showed"? Was it in Electrum or Ledger Live?

I'm using Electrum. I use term ledger for transactions in the Electrum history tab. The balance there is not tally to the balance shown down left corner. When I looked at the blockchain explorer, 18mbtc amount is both in confirmed received and spent. However Electrum add that amount to the balance history. Why?
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 01:23:31 PM

I hold ctrl key, but nothing happened. What is LMB?

Left mouse button. Hold control while clicking it.

How to use Master Public Key to track all the addresses?

You can find the MPK in "Wallet -> Information". I used Sentinel on my Android phone, but you can also paste it here. Keep in mind that you should be careful with sharing your MPK since it exposes all of your addresses and consequently their transaction history.

When I looked at the blockchain explorer, 18mbtc amount is both in confirmed received and spent. However Electrum add that amount to the balance history. Why?

Aren't you looking at the address of your closed channel? It had to be spent to one of your addresses so that the channel could be closed. Still, I am not sure why there is a discrepancy between the balance in the "History" tab and your total balance in the bottom-left corner.
ethereal1m (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 01:37:47 PM

Aren't you looking at the address of your closed channel? It had to be spent to one of your addresses so that the channel could be closed. Still, I am not sure why there is a discrepancy between the balance in the "History" tab and your total balance in the bottom-left corner.

I think it's a bug
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: