Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:20:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021-1-2 Coindesk - Bitcoin Worth $1B Leaves Coinbase as Institutions ‘FOMO’ Buy  (Read 238 times)
acquafredda (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 05:35:49 PM

Good point.
Those are surely some scary charts for those who can put them into perspective. I do not like what I am witnessing all around me: people are starting to lose grip with reality. There are some few privileged enough who have basically avoided any economic consequences (public employees) and entrepreneurs, private employees in certain sector (mostly entertainment, sport, tourism...) who took a bad hit. I have no magic ball but I do not like that they print money that do not reach the economy.
There should be a reason why institutional investors keep buying BTC, right?
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 11:15:11 PM

I have no magic ball but I do not like that they print money that do not reach the economy.
There should be a reason why institutional investors keep buying BTC, right?

the printed money definitely reached the markets and that's what matters. we have a central bank that wants the inflation rate above target, who has shown unprecedented willingness to prop up the bond market. that drove the markets out of "flight to safety" mode and into "risk on" mode. expectations of rising inflation and vaccine optimism are pushing everything into a rally.

i see bitcoin's rally as part of that overall push---the same one that just sent gold to a new ATH a few months ago. there's just so much damn cash in the markets and everyone is scrambling to put it into something that will perform. with bitcoin having recently emerged in 2017 as a new legitimate asset class (confirmed by CFTC regulated futures markets), and given its strong performance this year, it's only natural that some of that institutional money flow is entering bitcoin.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1448

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 02:16:39 AM

Where do you think the printed money goes? It certainly doesn't go in my pockets, let alone in yours.
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/CURRCIR
https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/money-supply-m0
Yes, it's logical to me: the more they print the more they sustain the crippling economy.
You're right on one thing though: where the heck is inflation?

I cannot disagree if you are implying that bitcoin is being glaringly manipulated. Tether is 50% of bitcoin’s volume and they can infinite print USDT without regulation to continue the pump.

However, it appears everyone in the forum will call it FUD if I ask questions about this.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 09:13:22 AM

Where do you think the printed money goes? It certainly doesn't go in my pockets, let alone in yours.
Yes, it's logical to me: the more they print the more they sustain the crippling economy.

I cannot disagree if you are implying that bitcoin is being glaringly manipulated. Tether is 50% of bitcoin’s volume and they can infinite print USDT without regulation to continue the pump.

However, it appears everyone in the forum will call it FUD if I ask questions about this.
I wasn't specifically talking about tether but, FUD or not, I believe that the same that's been done by central banks with markets can be applied to what UDST printing is doing to the bitcoin market. I'm basing my thoughts on what I see and, hopefully, these facts can't be denied.
How that is going to unfold? Who the f knows!
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1303

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 11:50:52 AM

I wouldn't say it was FUD.  It is a valid point about printing fiat (and then USDT as a result) - assuming I didn't misconstrue what you said.  If your point was about governments massively printing fiat some of which gets funneled into USDT, my question is whether this is manipulation or smart people protecting themselves from potential inflation and other polices while they can.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1448

View Profile
January 11, 2021, 02:26:08 AM

I wasn't specifically talking about tether but, FUD or not, I believe that the same that's been done by central banks with markets can be applied to what UDST printing is doing to the bitcoin market. I'm basing my thoughts on what I see and, hopefully, these facts can't be denied.
How that is going to unfold? Who the f knows!

You were not talking about Tether, however, Tether printing might be one of the causes of why bitcoin is presently pumping. Many people would tell me this is FUD, however, where are the audits and other documents? Why is Bitfinex and iFinex taking very long in presenting them?

@cr1776. Do you trust Bitfinex, iFinex, Tether and think they never printed unbacked USDT?

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███