Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:01:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Insufficient memory for DAG epoch 386  (Read 155 times)
shamelius21 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 01:43:27 AM

Ok so im new to this mining stuff im starting to mine with mi laptop ethereum found a really good and easy video on internet and i followed all steps correctly but when i run out the program mine_etc, it appears an error while its running it says GPU 0: Insufficient memory for DAG epoch 386, can someone please help me out i would be really thankful and i appreciate your help thanks forum
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gliptopolis

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 02:21:10 AM

Ok so im new to this mining stuff im starting to mine with mi laptop ethereum found a really good and easy video on internet and i followed all steps correctly but when i run out the program mine_etc, it appears an error while its running it says GPU 0: Insufficient memory for DAG epoch 386, can someone please help me out i would be really thankful and i appreciate your help thanks forum

That error means that your gpu doesn't have enough memory to handle the DAG file. It's larger than 4GB now so there's not much you can do if you don't have more than 4gb of video memory.
dedizones

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 02:58:50 AM

That error means that your gpu doesn't have enough memory to handle the DAG file. It's larger than 4GB now so there's not much you can do if you don't have more than 4gb of video memory.

Or add more virtual memory in windows !
maXonja

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 07:32:24 AM

Probably your GPU in laptop has 4GB video ram or less. Don't try to mine with your laptop because even if you could mine with it you wouldn't get much in return
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 12:44:56 PM

You can mine Ethereum Classic or other coins that do not use DAG
Try to find information about mining Ravencoin (RVN)
https://ravencoin.org/pools/
https://raven.wiki/wiki/Mining

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 01:20:29 PM

Generally laptops cannot mine.  Couple of things.  Mine ETC sounds like you are actually trying to mine ETC not ETH.  ETC can be mined on video cards with 3gb vram.  Since you have a laptop most likely it doesnt have a big enough gpu for mining.  The other problem you will have is if your laptop has a big enough gpu it will not last long mining.  Laptops are made to be portable and generally suffer from cooling issues when it comes to mining.  Watch more videos and read more about mining. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: