Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:30:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: did POW etherium mining stopped yet?  (Read 170 times)
ggbtctalk000 (OP)

Activity: 394
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 06:20:24 AM

i was using several rigs to mine etherium for last few years but suddenly all stopped. I havent checked back yet but just wanted to check here since POS is started, did POW stopped yet? If so, I dont wanna waste time troubleshooting. If not stopped (pow), when it is going to be stopped?
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 06:23:47 AM

i was using several rigs to mine etherium for last few years but suddenly all stopped. I havent checked back yet but just wanted to check here since POS is started, did POW stopped yet? If so, I dont wanna waste time troubleshooting. If not stopped (pow), when it is going to be stopped?

POW is still ongoing but ETH also started to push out its POS phase. However we will still have POW for the next 1.5-2 years or so. Most likely reason why your rigs aren't working is because you are either using Claymore which stopped on a recent epoch due to the developer retiring, or you got 4GB GPUs which cannot mine eth anymore due to the growing dag.

So if you got 8GB GPUs switch to like PhoenixMiner and should be easy to set up, similar to Claymore in alot of ways. If you got an 4GB cards then there is a special trick you can do to make them mine again. Use a software called lolminer and it will mine but at a reduced speed. Mine are mining at 20MHS while before the 4GB DAG they were mining at 30MHs. You can mine this way for another month before the speed gets very slow and not worth the hassle to mine on 4GB cards.

Eco_111

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 07:12:04 AM

There is still enough time to start mining Ethereum, it's true that the POS is out but it will take probably a year or two before the all POW to POS switching become successful, it's a gradual process and it's not worth the wait since it's far away, millions are still mining Ethereum right now and the door is always open to everyone
Eco_111

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 07:13:56 AM

If you are using old graphic cards with 3-4gb video ram I suggest you start mining Raven coin or Ethereum Classic, 6gb VRAM works better for Ethereum only right now, as for Ethereum Classic they have modded their Ethash Algorithm which now accepts lower vram GPUs from 3gb
ggbtctalk000 (OP)

Activity: 394
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 06:13:54 AM

Thanks all for help, i am using gtx1080 which should all have 8GB RAMs.  I wil restart all of them to see how it goes.
safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1624

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 01:09:26 PM

Thanks all for help, i am using gtx1080 which should all have 8GB RAMs.  I wil restart all of them to see how it goes.
Nothing has changed in 2 years in Ethereum mining. Only the Claymore miner is no longer working. Use Phoenix miner.
OhGodAnETHlargementPill-r2 is also relevant, although you may not need to use it.
Use
Code:
-straps 5
in Phoenix miner and you will get 34-36 megahashes.

miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 02:23:12 PM

OP you just need to update the software or replace it with a current miner.  PhoenixMiner, lolminer, t-rex, teamredminer, gminer, nbminer all work.

Forget claymore its broken and the fixes for it are about as sketchy as they can be.  Support the above software becuase thry have active devs.  Claymore has some people adding hacks but nothing to trust.  So just claymore rest in peice. 
JeotQ

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 05:33:30 PM

OP the proof of work algorithm still works for Ethereum, the POS algo isn't complete yet, if you plan to wait for that it's going to take a very long time, I don't quit understand buterin  Huh Why the hell they can't just make the POW and POS to co exist with one another? Many coins are like this nowadays

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: