Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:53:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin2Cash.com - Cash-Only Marketplace  (Read 16856 times)
SteveB

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2011, 10:58:23 PM

@bitcoin2cash: I sent some cash about 10 days ago. How long does it usually take to get there from Canada? I was hoping to get it in before May 1 but so far it has not shown up in my account.

I'm not sure how long it takes from Canada. I wouldn't think it would be that long though. Please send me an email at sales@bitcoin2cash.com and I'll see what information I can find out for you.

Nevermind, it made it. The deposit is now showing in my account. Cool
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SteveB

Activity: 170

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 04:52:33 PM

Damn, only one of my two bids was filled  Sad
Where did that 600 BTC bid at 0.52 come from?
https://www.bitcoin2cash.com/json/trades.php
I happened to refresh the order page just seconds before the 1000 BTC was released into the market and the 600 BTC bid was never listed in the order book  Huh
NghtRppr (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2011, 12:33:16 AM

Can anyone with positive/negative experiences using my service rate me accordingly?

Thanks!
nster

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 04:32:41 AM

Can I withdraw BTC? nvm found it

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
Ricochet

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 05:05:09 AM

Can anyone with positive/negative experiences using my service rate me accordingly?

Thanks!
What rating are we talking about here?  The new "reputation" feature on the forum that appears to have been just added?  Or on Bitcoin-OTC?

I've had good experiences with the site so far, at least.
nster

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 05:07:49 AM

if anyone was wondering, I got my btc just fine

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2011, 05:12:05 AM

What rating are we talking about here?  The new "reputation" feature on the forum that appears to have been just added?  Or on Bitcoin-OTC?

Both or either. Thanks!
AbeSkray

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 03:08:06 PM

Thanks!

I've executed some trades on bitcoin2cash.com without any issues. I've also withdrawn and deposited funds reliably. Sending cash took longer than I expected, but when I inquired by email I had a response within 24 hours (funds may take 2-7 days to reach an account).

Overall, I've had a very positive experience with bitcoin2cash.com and would recommend it. I increased my OTC rating to 2 this morning. Thanks and keep up the good work!
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2011, 03:10:02 PM

I have moved BTC in and out of bitcoin2cash.com and bought and sold small quantities of BTC.  I now have 40 btc for sale at 3.40

If there is a request I can add more.

NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2011, 08:32:56 PM

Some people have been having issues using Google for OpenID. The issue stems from the fact that there are several different OpenID URL's that they provide.

https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id

https://profiles.google.com/yourgoogleidhere/about

https://profiles.google.com/u/0/yourgoogleidhere/about?tab=mh

If you use these different URL's you will end up creating three different accounts. To avoid that, use only one. It doesn't matter which one you use, just make sure that it's the same each time you login.

I'm sorry for this but I don't have any way to fix it. I've contacted Google to let them know this is unacceptable. It would help if everyone else did the same thing as well.
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 08:34:54 PM

You could use something like this: http://code.google.com/p/openid-selector/

demo: http://openid-selector.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/demo.html
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2011, 09:19:47 PM

That's a good suggestion but I'd have to put it in an overlay or popup to avoid cluttering up the interface.
TehZomB

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 10:55:17 PM

I really like the design, especially the withdraw/deposit by mail function.

Next payday, I'll probably deposit some. And as others have mentioned, OpenId is a little hard to understand at first... but it's an alright system once you understand.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 05:38:15 PM

There was a large influx of new accounts which caused our update script to start timing out. I've redesigned the script so it it's about 100 times faster. This shouldn't be an issue anymore. We apologize to anyone that had a delay in their BTC showing up in their account. It should be there now. Please confirm this if you can. Thanks!
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 03:20:45 PM

That's a really bizarre reason for turning down easy money but it's your loss.
There was a large influx of new accounts which caused our update script to start timing out. I've redesigned the script so it it's about 100 times faster. This shouldn't be an issue anymore.

See what I mean? I respect your popularity on the forum, and wish you good luck with your venture, it is definitely something I will recommend as soon as someone would benefit from such a service. In the meantime I do not find your proposal attractive due to my personal and professional affinity towards the content display, graphic, copy and scripting parts of your website. I welcome and changes to improve the previous and I am stating my feedback.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 06:30:59 PM

See what I mean?

When I first created that particular script last year, certain features of the RPC API weren't available. It wasn't an issue until recently so I updated the script to take advantage of the new features. I updated it immediately as soon as it became an issue.

In the meantime I do not find your proposal attractive due to my personal and professional affinity towards the content display, graphic, copy and scripting parts of your website. I welcome and changes to improve the previous and I am stating my feedback.

What don't you like about the content display, graphics or copy? Is it too flashy? Is it not flashy enough? Is it hard to read? Please be specific. All I know right now is that "you don't like it". Why? What would you change? How can I make my website better in general other than to suit your particular tastes? What don't you like about the scripts? If you're talking about above then I've already answered that. The way the script works now simply wasn't possible before. Is there something else about how the website works that I should change?

I welcome suggestions. My goal is to make my website better and more accessible. That's why I really need you to be specific so I can understand what your concerns are. Thanks!
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:22:41 PM

Very well, you deserve a better explanation than "I don't like it". My apologies for not devoting the required effort to provide my criticism. Let me propose a summary to you:

https://i.imgur.com/5oNAF.png

A - good header, nice and clean navigation, could remain like this or contain the login form / logged in details
B - good copy content, this is very good, more of the same should be posted in other areas of the site as well, as a marketing perspective change the focus from "we/I" to "you/customers".
C - login form and price ticker, could use a bit of whitespace adjustment
D - this chart is eye-catching, is dynamic, but it is hard to understand what exactly it represents at first glance
E - background-foreground separation is optional, I would use a stronger contrast like a line or shadow, but the designer decides
F - Unnecessary shiny-ness and contrast, toning it down a bit would help, but it could look ok if not for the big bar below
G - dollars? I think you want to explain "banknotes to bitcoin". I would include the bitcoin in there too, like an exchange arrow or recycle schematic, otherwise it looks like those "make zillion dollars online in 0.2 seconds" kind of sites
H - It's good that a web developers aims to maintain high quality of the code and website, these would go much better in the J area
I - can't explain this
J - too much whitespace, see H

I only made a few website designs myself but while attempting to find out how website design works, I've become a critique instead. You know like those people that tell you why your cooked food is good or not, but they can't cook for shit if you make them. So I hope I've explained myself and if any other designer agrees with my suggestions, you should consider some improvements.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 07:28:52 PM

Thanks, I'll keep your criticism in mind the next time the web designer overhauls the website.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2011, 09:09:11 PM

With the recent hack of MtGox, I'd like to take some time to explain what kind of security practices we have in place.

First, we use OpenID which makes available two-factor authentication. You can have a keychain generator that creates a password required to login to OpenID. This prevents someone from hacking your account since as long as you have your keychain generator and they don't, they can't gain access. Also, Google's OpenID has a similar system whereby you have a text message sent to your phone. As long as you have your phone, someone with your OpenID password can't hack your account.

Second, our PHP scripts are developed by a Zend Certified PHP 5 Professional with 10+ years of security hardening experience and familiar with programming best practices. We also have in place an intrusion detection system designed to monitor and block malicious requests. The IDS is set to the maximum threshold possible. All database queries also filtered through the IDS and are sanitized, bound variables. Your personal identification token is a SHA-256 salted hash making it almost impossible to crack.

Finally, our Linux servers are monitored 24/7 and updated constantly with the latest security patches. All non-essential services and ports are disabled. We also share our hosting with thousands of very popular websites so if there were a security flaw, it would have a large impact and therefore our hosting provider has a huge incentive to make sure none of this is possible.

However, if there were a successful attack on our system, we have a response procedure in place to immediately shut down the website. Any transactions that occurred would be irreversible and the transaction database would not be rolled back. Though, any other vandalism would be undone. Because of this, we recommend that you only keep as many BTC as you are currently wishing to sell at a given time on our servers. This will minimize any possible risk to you in such a case.

Thanks for your business and if you have any questions please feel free to ask here or by email.
Ricochet

Activity: 373

View Profile
July 03, 2011, 04:42:44 AM

I know this is going to sound like a shill, but I've been really happy with this site and wanted to state as much.  Or maybe it's because I'm tipsy and wanted to type random stuff up.  >_>  

I've searched for about ten minutes and can't find the specific post, but at one point B2C said something along the lines of "The lowest 'sell' order on my site is several dollars below the lowest 'buy' order on MtGox.  You could make money simply by manipulating exchanges!"  Just wanted to mention that this is entirely possible, and I made a small profit recently doing exactly that.  It was only a few bucks, but hey, profit is profit.  Bought Bitcoins at $13 on B2C, transferred to MtGox, and sold at $16 (cashed out immediately to Dwolla because I have very little trust left in MtGox).

I've received two cash payouts from the exchange, both received successfully in the mail untampered, and he's responded timely to every concern I've emailed him (I understand there's a growing frustration with the amount of time it takes to get a response to a trouble ticket on MtGox lately).  For instance, soon after the MtGox hacking, I found myself with a "suspected malicious activity" error upon logging in to B2C.  I emailed him and got a response within a few hours.  Turns out it was a mistake, and the detection threshold was set slightly too high, but IMO it's better to have that threshold too high than too low.  When my money is at stake, there isn't such a thing as "too much security."

Long story short, keep on truckin' B2C.  With no exchange fees other than the $5 for cash withdraw, I honestly don't know how you make a profit, if you do at all.  But you provide a valuable service to the Bitcoin community, and for that, I thank you.

...god that really does sound like a paid advertisement, in retrospect.  Oh well, I blame the rum.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: