Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:43:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin2Cash.com - Cash-Only Marketplace  (Read 16851 times)
NghtRppr (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2011, 12:05:04 AM

I am getting an "Invalid withdrawl amount!" error when I try to withdraw BTC

It should be fixed now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Madhatter

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 01:33:24 AM

Even better, why not send me your concerns for my safety in private? What's your desire to criticize me publicly if you're not trying to shake confidence in my business?

That's not it at all. I'm warning you in public not only for your sake, but for the sake of others who might be thinking about following in your/my footsteps.

I just find it odd that the only other cash-by-mail Bitcoin exchange has such a keen interest in my safety while nobody else does.

Could it be possible that I understand this type of business?

Maybe it's because you have a unique perspective but by making it public, it looks more like professional jealousy.

When you realize how little profit there is in exchanging, you'll see that my concerns for your safety are genuine.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2011, 01:46:03 AM

When you realize how little profit there is in exchanging, you'll see that my concerns for your safety are genuine.

Profit isn't the only possible motive. Pride, arrogance, pedantry, etc are just as motivating. Anyways, if you really want to know how you can help me then you can stop trolling my threads. If you want to warn people of something, start your own thread and leave my business out of it.
The Madhatter

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 01:48:38 AM

It's also a valid question. TheMadHatter is getting personal, telling me not to keep drugs in my house, calling me an amateur, telling me that my business is doomed to fail because of fake complaints, etc. That kind of

You are taking everything I wrote out of context. I suggest that you re-read what I wrote without getting angry this time.

I understand your anger towards me for pointing out these issues with your service. I also understand that you just got your site off of the ground and that you probably put a lot of effort into it. It's not my intention to undermine anything you have accomplished. I thought I had made that clear in my first post. I'll reiterate it here again. Smiley

stuff has no business being said publicly if done out of genuine concern. Otherwise, it's just pot-stirring. I can take criticism but I take issue with TheMadHatter trying to act as if he isn't motivated by his own personal agenda.

Lol! Okay pal. Let's just pretend that you live in a utopia and that nothing will go wrong then.

I'm done trying to help you.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2011, 01:56:22 AM

I'm done trying to help you.

Good. I don't need "help" that's dripping with sarcasm and presumptions.
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 02:28:32 AM

I don't mean to troll or linger on a subject from which there is very little gain to be taken, but from my many months on bitcoin and this forum specifically I feel I need to say "chill out", bitcoin2cash...

Maybe I'm just biased, as I have had conversations with madhatter in the past regarding myself taking the European front on the cash in the mail exchange he runs and I generally know madhatter is very trustworthy and fair, but reading through this thread and the other one he points to gives me absolutely no indication that he's trolling, trying to scare you or your clients off or anything of the kind. And I for one appreciate his doing this in the open, as I am always considering my next bitcoin related move and all experiences, good and bad, are very helpful.

I don't want to be rude, really, please don't read too much into this, but you start to sound slightly like bobR (in a VERY mild way, it's just the direction of the thought not the position itself), by taking every attempt to "make good" as another attack, and in fact crying wolf too easily.

Just saying, really. I have nothing more to offer other than my trust in madhatter and the knowledge that his experience should not be frowned upon, imho.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2011, 02:58:23 AM

Maybe I'm just biased, as I have had conversations with madhatter in the past regarding myself taking the European front on the cash in the mail exchange he runs and I generally know madhatter is very trustworthy and fair, but reading through this thread and the other one he points to gives me absolutely no indication that he's trolling, trying to scare you or your clients off or anything of the kind. And I for one appreciate his doing this in the open, as I am always considering my next bitcoin related move and all experiences, good and bad, are very helpful.

I've been a member of these forums slightly longer than you have so I'm more than aware of people's reputations. The fact that he's a competitor and being so critical was the first red flag. The second red flag was coming up with ridiculous theories like, "The real problem is when you have established/trusted members of the forum [falsely] complaining, your reputation is toast." which makes absolutely no sense and seems like a very trollish thing to say. First of all, why would trusted forum members do that? Conspiracy? Second of all, that applies to any business. A bunch of trusted members could start claiming that Mt Gox ripped them off. It's completely irrelevant and doesn't belong in a serious discussion. He's either making a fallacious argument because he doesn't know any better or because he's trolling. I'm not frowning on his experience. I'm frowning on his conduct, making inappropriate comments like above, being condescending and sarcastic when I've been nothing but straightforward. So, yes, if you can't see that then you may be biased. If he had contacted me in private first or made a thread without criticizing me personally (the amateur remark definitely crosses the line) then I would have nothing but thanks for him. I'm sorry if I take my reputation a little too seriously but that's all I have to go on and when people start making long rants that could be interpreted poorly by potential clients, I feel the need to respond.
The Madhatter

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 03:16:58 AM

"The real problem is when you have established/trusted members of the forum [falsely] complaining, your reputation is toast."

That is a deliberate misquote. It is also taken out of context; quite possibly to justify your anger towards me.

In that statement I was referring to *real* complaints of lost cashmails from your premises by trusted members on the forum. You somehow munged two of my points together.

(the amateur remark definitely crosses the line)

Again, you misunderstood. Read my post again.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2011, 03:25:18 AM

In that statement I was referring to *real* complaints of lost cashmails from your premises by trusted members on the forum.

That's demonstrably false. Here's the exact quote:

As for fake complaints, I don't think many people have much of a reason to do that but that's really just a risk that any business faces, even yours.

Oh sure. When you have piles of people with less than 5 posts under their belt complaining all at once it is easy to see that it's a "joe job". The real problem is when you have established/trusted members of the forum complaining, your reputation is toast.

The quote you were responding to begins with "as for fake complaints" and you used the phrase "joe job", so how can you claim that you were talking about *real* complaints?
The Madhatter

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 03:33:14 AM

As for fake complaints, I don't think many people have much of a reason to do that but that's really just a risk that any business faces, even yours.

Oh sure. When you have piles of people with less than 5 posts under their belt complaining all at once it is easy to see that it's a "joe job". The real problem is when you have established/trusted members of the forum complaining, your reputation is toast.

The quote you were responding to begins with "as for fake complaints" and you used the phrase "joe job" so how can you claim that you were talking about *real* complaints?

Wow, what a "nit pick". Those two sentences are two different points. Did you want me to insert some white space there? A few carriage returns perhaps?

In the first sentence I was remarking about how easy a deliberate "joe job" would be to detect. In the second sentence I was referring to *real* complaints, not fake ones.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2011, 03:36:49 AM

Wow, what a "nit pick". Those two sentences are two different points. Did you want me to insert some white space there? A few carriage returns perhaps?

In the first sentence I was remarking about how easy a deliberate "joe job" would be to detect. In the second sentence I was referring to *real* complaints, not fake ones.

I don't believe that for a single minute. The second sentence is a direct continuation of the first. You know it, I know it and anyone that can read English knows it.
The Madhatter

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 03:44:07 AM

I don't believe that for a single minute. The second sentence is a direct continuation of the first. You know it, I know it and anyone that can read English knows it.

Are you a linguist? An English teacher, perhaps?

Why would I infer that trusted/established members of the forum would collude to "joe job" you? That doesn't make any sense at all. Most of the trusted members of the forum are brilliant and honest people who wouldn't do that. Everyone  knows that.

You are "nit picking" over my posts now because you want a reason to be angry with me. Know what? You don't need a reason. Just be angry. I'm fine with that.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2011, 03:51:10 AM

Why would I infer that trusted/established members of the forum would collude to "joe job" you? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Why do trolls say half of the idiotic things they say?

You said that people with 5 posts would be an obvious "joe job" but then went on to say that "the real problem" is if I have "established/trusted members of the forum complaining". So, even if I give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't mean what you said, it's still hardly a nitpick because those sentences look pretty darn related. It was at the very least extremely poor wording on your part.

Besides, even if I let you off the hook, you still lost that point of the argument since you're now forced to admit that the only fake complaints will be from obvious trolls. Either way, you lose. *shrug*
The Madhatter

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 03:57:55 AM

Besides, even if I let you off the hook, you still lost that point of the argument since you're now forced to admit that the only fake complaints will be from obvious trolls. Either way, you lose. *shrug*

Well, if that's how you have to justify this in your mind to stop this pointless argument and move on, so be it.
nelisky
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 03:59:09 AM

Hmmm, I had promised myself I would not allow myself to give in to my arguing needs, but there you go, I can't help myself...

I'm not a native english speaker, although my work environment is 100% english, and has been for more more than a decade. What that is worth, I don't know, but 2 things got stuck in my (digital) throat and I need to get that out:

- I can't see the attitude issues bitcoin2cash is complaining about. Re-reading the message from madhatter does in fact provide all the sentences you question, but the meaning I attach to them is of a pure attempt to help. Maybe with a touch of arrogance, sure, but I believe one is entitled to that when there's a good deal of previous experience, which madhatter has.

- bitcoin2cash; you say you take your reputation in a very serious manner, but from where I stand, nitpicking on the exact wording of a forum post by anyone, let alone a generally trusted member, will not net you much positive karma. That, and the fact you refuse to give in on the continuous attempt to raise a white flag from said member, by doing that puzzling thing of dismissing long rants by engaging is multiple dissecting quotes. Honestly, that makes me feel that if I do business with you and we have a disagreement you will simply refuse to listen to my side of the story, dismissing me with a set of handy adjectives. Not cool.

But who am I to keep getting between you 2? I'll just go back to the stands and enjoy the show... you can get your gloves back on now, gentlemen! Wink
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2011, 04:11:01 AM

you say you take your reputation in a very serious manner, but from where I stand, nitpicking on the exact wording of a forum post by anyone, let alone a generally trusted member, will not net you much positive karma.

I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to be trusted as a business. If you won't do business with me because you don't like me personally, that's a bit silly but it's your prerogative.

Well, if that's how you have to justify this in your mind to stop this pointless argument and move on, so be it.

Oh, I didn't say I'm letting you off the hook. I just pointed out that you're not really gaining anything by weaseling out of your statement. There's no way that your statement makes sense except interpreted in one way. Nobody is keeping you here though. You're free to leave if you don't want to debate anymore.
The Madhatter

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 04:18:49 AM

Oh, I didn't say I'm letting you off the hook. I just pointed out that you're not really gaining anything by weaseling out of your statement. There's no way that your statement makes sense except interpreted in one way. Nobody is keeping you here though. You're free to leave if you don't want to debate anymore.

Your "hook" is just a way for you to retain your anger towards me. I care not.

Debate? There isn't anything left to say.
nelisky
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 04:29:11 AM

you say you take your reputation in a very serious manner, but from where I stand, nitpicking on the exact wording of a forum post by anyone, let alone a generally trusted member, will not net you much positive karma.

I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to be trusted as a business. If you won't do business with me because you don't like me personally, that's a bit silly but it's your prerogative.

Fair enough, but I would argue that your understanding of what I meant is a bit flawed, though I may have worded it badly. I won't do business with you because I don't trust your reasoning when a disagreement arises. And in business, like in marriage, you get to know the other half not when you tie the knot but when things go sideways...

But don't take this personally, I am not in the market for your services at the moment. If I ever am, these threads, and more specifically your position towards the potential flaws pointed out will help me make my mind you on wether to trust your business (not you personally, of course) or not. What you are doing, business wise, is great for the bitcoin ecosystem at any rate, so kudos to you for that! The more the merrier.
NghtRppr (OP)

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2011, 04:35:02 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2011, 04:47:26 AM by bitcoin2cash

I won't do business with you because I don't trust your reasoning when a disagreement arises.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. However, I think that if we took a vote from people that weren't biased, they would agree with me. This is also not representative of my business disputes. He's not a client and there has been no business done here. That's hardly a fair metric. It would be wiser to see how my actual business dealings turn out. It's hard to see how a dispute like this could arise. Things are a lot more clear cut with the actual business. Either you sent money or you didn't. Either I sent Bitcoins or I didn't. Where's the need for reasoning?

Your "hook" is just a way for you to retain your anger towards me.

I'm not angry at you. I don't trust you. I think you're intellectually dishonest. Other than that, I feel nothing. I guess it's easier for you to convince yourself that I'm just a "hater" rather than someone that sees through your bullshit. The worst part is that even if you weren't really making that claim, you won't admit that at the very least it was poor wording. No, I'm just a nitpicker because I want to be angry. That's logical.
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 05:36:59 AM

reading the other thread and this one, I can see bitcoin2cash's point of view.  bitcoin2cash is really trying to open a legal business.  for example his business has an LLC to protect his personal wealth.  madhatter prefers to work in the dark away from legal or govt intervention.  bitcoin2cash already says he doesnt need advice but the madhatter just keeps adding input.

I'd like 2 c bitcoin2cash do what madhatter cannot be done.  it would be a leap in bitoin adoption
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: