Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:00:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] tmax-ad.com (HammerEx) / MRC ICO  (Read 197 times)
pr3m (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 04:44:28 PM

Took a little adventure as my life is boring and it's cool to hunt those scammers. Wanted to share it here, to make sure people don't fall for it and they would find information on Google before rushing into it (right now there's not much information yet because this scam is hot and fully operational).

Long story short, these are SCAM - stay away! Money goes in, you never get it out Smiley
ICO of MRC coin: https://www.meteor-coin.com/
Exchange where you can buy MRC: https://tmax-ad.com/

TL;DR

Chinese Tinder "girls" are full throttle right now to get western men to fall for their beauty and skillful manipulation. After a match and conversation leading to Whatsapp, they will work hard on building up the relationship to higher trust levels and then start talking about this amazing "internal investment" opportunity that they themselves are putting all their money in because they have a rich uncle who's professional investor or something.

If this doesn't raise awareness then once you create an account on the exchange, you'll notice that no orders can be done without institutional code. The girl will share a "confidential institutional code" because they "trust you" and so that you could be "in this together" xD
You'll be looking nice stable gains on MRC coin every day (5x by now) and looking forward to the day it goes "public" somewhere in February. What you don't know is that actually you're not able to withdraw any of the funds you deposited not to mention profits (oh yes, they might trick you as they allow withdrawals up to 100 USDT). Withdraw operation goes into review process and fails. "Support person" on Exchange is saying it's against policy to withdraw before MRC goes public.  Well, if you look at MRC homepage, you'll notice fake team pictures and copy-paste whitepaper of all shitcoins. And of course, there are so many of similar scams out there that you'll read about.

Posting it here, so people would find this tip while doing their first Google search on an amazing investment tip from a beautiful girl. Perhaps I can save some people wasting their valuable time and money.

PS! Btw, are there any global organizations/groups that do organized pro bono scammer hunting on internet? I'm wondering that there are so many volunteer organizations that save the animals and the nature. Perhaps world would become a better place when there would be global organization fighting scammers with their own methods? I know that there's saying that "money should be taken from the fools", but considering UN sustainable goals then this would contribute to decreasing poverty in the world. Seems like a volunteer job that I would enjoy doing every once in a while for good karma - scammer hunter Smiley
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dzi11

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 03:09:20 PM

Hi! I got into this too. It wasn't particularly Tinder girl. We met on Ablo, but before we came to digital currency topic, we spoke few days on very different ones, moreover, indirectly that was myself who initiated it - I asked her if she knows some potential currencies she can recommend when she told that she's working in financials. But after that, everything was more less the same... HammerEx, MRC, institiunal code for friends etc. I haven't had experience in currency trading before, but I read a little bit and platform seemed to be realistic. However, I still didn't feel fully comfortable with this, so I "invested" in MRC not high amount of money, less than 200 USD.

But since I did it relatively early, it was doubled many times. Here... really by an accident, I found this topic on the forum (thanks man!). Immediately tried to withdraw, I sold MRC, bought BTC and tried to transfer it. But you know the result. When contacted with Exchange Support, they blocked the account, saying that first I need to pay 0.06 BTC of tax and send it to the address they gave me. Moreover, I have to do it from the wallet different than HammerEx. That was definitely the red light. At the end, I really had to piss off the guy from Exchange Support, he said that if I evade to pay the tax, their officials will allocate my assets amd supervise my account. I told him that I'm ok with that what really had to piss him of again as I was kicked out from the chat.

I treat it like a lesson for the future and not carry about the 200 USD. It is what it is. But I'm curious and a bit afraid if I can face any additional consequences? At the end, they have my ID pictures I put for verification. Hopefully that's not the intend of this SCAM, I think there are people who put much more money than me and they will not get it back. But any advice I can appreciate.
pr3m (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 08:47:25 AM

Sorry about the experience! I think you should definitely be careful when it comes to the data you shared. For example, if you set up the HammerEx account using the password you might use in other services online. In that case it's now a security risk, so you better change your passwords. It would be easy for them to try same password for your Gmail, etc. It's better if you have a practice to have different password on every site.
Probably your phone number and e-mail might be shared with other scam projects, so don't be surprised to get other "interesting" offers over these channels.
Regarding identification then as I've heard they are super well organized and might use fake ID-s to impersonate real persons while trying to convince new victims.

The very dangerous thing to notice also is that they offer so called mobile application for HammerEx exchange, which is not even in official stores but is shared as a raw package. Whoever installs it on their phone might find themselves in deep trouble as they will be able to penetrate security of your device.
Dzi11

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 10:35:35 AM

Thanks for your answer! Well, the password I used for HammerEx was unique and I don't use it on other sites luckily. Also, I haven't downloaded their app, every time I just logged in through the browser, and logged out after I looked what I wanted to - mostly I was checking MRC graph in a "guest mode". If my ID I used for verification in a worst case can be used for trying to convince new people, there's nothing we can do. I just hope that (including thanks to this forum) less people will go into that. Do you see any other potential dangers? In fact, since I live in Europe, I cannot do relatively much to stop them, but we should speak about it. I'm sure there are people who "invested" much more money. My WhatsApp friend recommended me even to take a loan in the bank, because this opportunity can change my life. Of course I didn't even start thinking about it.

Moreover, I found another topic in this forum section called "Has anyone heard of CP+ (CP Plus)? Is it a scam?". I read posts over there and I think mechanism is pretty the same! This is like a mafia. In the same way they ask for paying the taxes to unfreeze the account and therefore allow to withdraw the assets.

The thing I was most interested about was my personal data but again, I hope getting the personal data is not the intend of this Scam, but getting someone's money.
pgomes2000@gmail.com

Activity: 23
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2021, 05:27:25 PM

Hi,

I also was victim of this fake site and me and my friiend lose each other 2.500€.

Becarefull also with other fake site https://usig.net.cn/

I have reported to my country local authorities, but the justice unfortunatelly is very slow in my country.

Both sites are still online, so becarefull.

Regards.
Michel_Hyde

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 08:33:50 AM

Hello, I confirm this site is a scam. I have been lucky, I did two small withdrawals to get back my money (just some hundred of euros), I even had a profit of 88 euros. I have been always very kind with the girl who was contacting me via whatsapp, so probably she was thinking I am so silly that, after these small tests, I would "invest" 10.000 euros.
At my attempt to withdrawal more big amount, the site showed "frozen balance". The admin wrote via email a first time asking to sell all MRC and then the "financial department" will calculate the 20% of taxes I should pay on the profit.
A second time he wrote that I am not authorized to use the "institutional code" (the same I used for all operations).
It seems the girl blocked me on whatsapp, but my account on the site is still active. I continue to make my "silly" face, I want to see if I get more infos.
I forgot to mention that the girl sent me many photos of herself in her private life, but many are of some model I found then on the web.
Is it possible to report here the pictures?
By the way, stay away from this site.
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 01:54:35 PM

Hello, I confirm this site is a scam. I have been lucky, I did two small withdrawals to get back my money (just some hundred of euros), I even had a profit of 88 euros. I have been always very kind with the girl who was contacting me via whatsapp, so probably she was thinking I am so silly that, after these small tests, I would "invest" 10.000 euros.
At my attempt to withdrawal more big amount, the site showed "frozen balance". The admin wrote via email a first time asking to sell all MRC and then the "financial department" will calculate the 20% of taxes I should pay on the profit.
A second time he wrote that I am not authorized to use the "institutional code" (the same I used for all operations).
It seems the girl blocked me on whatsapp, but my account on the site is still active. I continue to make my "silly" face, I want to see if I get more infos.
I forgot to mention that the girl sent me many photos of herself in her private life, but many are of some model I found then on the web.
Good thing that you got some money out of it even though it is a scam. This is a social engineering type of scam, using a girl to talk to you into investing into something really smells fishy. This scams are made by the same group of people if I may assume because they all work the same and the only thing that changes is the name of the website/project/coin. I want to corroborate the quote above regarding the website, I have checked and red flags are popping out of this website. The pictures that the "girl" was using are stealing the pictures of some people. You can drop a link of the picture since you are still a newbie, a higher ranked member will just post it if they want to and if they find that it helps with the scam accusation.

Dzi11

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 05:59:33 PM

Hello. What's the current status on your account? Is it also blocked and they are seeking the taxes? Out of curiosity I logged in today again hoping that something changes but unfortunately mine is still blocked. Not to mention withdrawal, I cannot even purchase new coins getting the notification: 钱包已锁定. Anyway, my BTC over there is so to say "free", because I requested Exchange Support to cancel my try of withdrawal, but eventually I'm not able to do anything with this as mentioned. Just reached out the Support again acting silly, but it doesn't work. However, I have one last idea, maybe stupid one but worth to try. Can we talk out of this topic and discuss?
Michel_Hyde

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 01:47:08 PM

Hello. What's the current status on your account? Is it also blocked and they are seeking the taxes? Out of curiosity I logged in today again hoping that something changes but unfortunately mine is still blocked. Not to mention withdrawal, I cannot even purchase new coins getting the notification: 钱包已锁定. Anyway, my BTC over there is so to say "free", because I requested Exchange Support to cancel my try of withdrawal, but eventually I'm not able to do anything with this as mentioned. Just reached out the Support again acting silly, but it doesn't work. However, I have one last idea, maybe stupid one but worth to try. Can we talk out of this topic and discuss?

Hi, they are not anymore replying to my emails. My account is still working and shows a total value of soume thousands dollars, in BTC. Last email they wrote I am not authorized to use that "institutional code" but din't reply to my request of clarifications
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: