Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:03:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Constant struggle with Radeon VII  (Read 285 times)
deskless (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 05, 2021, 06:52:34 PM

This is the third time my radeon VII died with error 43. Started the RMA and hopefully they would send a new one.
My question is if they send a new one, should I use it  or just resell as it probably is best time to sell GPU.
JeotQ

Activity: 406
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 03:21:10 PM

Strange🤔, why is radeon VII dying on your watch? Aren't you curious yourself? Cos I don't see such complains every time, that Radeon VII is a strong graphic card, maybe the gpu isn't well ventilated, what is the temp you are getting when using the gpu? This is something you have to watch out for yourself

deskless (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 03:28:44 PM

Strange🤔, why is radeon VII dying on your watch? Aren't you curious yourself? Cos I don't see such complains every time, that Radeon VII is a strong graphic card, maybe the gpu isn't well ventilated, what is the temp you are getting when using the gpu? This is something you have to watch out for yourself
The room has proper ventilation and it is winter time. The same room I have 580 and 5700 xt that never crashes and been running for last 2 years. Only reason I could see is that 4 of them were sharing 1200w PSU. May be more wattage was needed.
However on eBay I see plenty of people selling radeon VII with same error 43.
Ryushin

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 03:44:37 PM

Don't bother OP the Radeon VII is bricked, it's better to return and get refund or sell when you get a new one, there are many cases of error 43 for this same radeon VII and it sucks, I believe that Radeon VII was a rushed graphic card since the issue is widely known

Ryushin

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 03:47:41 PM

That reminds me, did you bios modded the graphic card? The code 43 sometimes shows because of modded bios specifically for mining, hope that's not what you did? Please reply, I hope you get your gpu fixed

safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1636

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 04:09:40 PM

This is the third time my radeon VII died with error 43. Started the RMA and hopefully they would send a new one.
My question is if they send a new one, should I use it  or just resell as it probably is best time to sell GPU.

Do you use vmndovs for mining?
Have you tried running mining on another operating system, for example hive os.
Error 43 usually occurs due to a driver error after flashing the BIOS of the video card.
Have you tried atikmdag-patcher?

maXonja

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 05:16:44 PM

This is a widely known problem with Radeon VII cards
It's not a driver or OS problem, cards just brick themselves for no good reason...
When you RMA the card and get new one just sell it and get something else instead because sooner or later the new one will also get code 43
deskless (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 06:00:05 PM

The rig uses windows 10 with minerstat using phoenixminer. I tried using the bricked card with simple mining os but the rig didn't recognize the card. I do think that it has to be with less power being available while running the mining process. I am more inclined to sell the card if I get a new one as eBay is selling it over $1000. 
deskless (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 06:20:28 PM

Error 43 usually occurs due to a driver error after flashing the BIOS of the video card.

I have not done bios modifications on any VII cards
safar1980
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 07, 2021, 12:55:13 PM

I have not done bios modifications on any VII cards

I heard that Radeon VII graphics cards have been out of production for a long time (about a year).
Under the laws of my country, if the supplier does not have a similar product for replacement, but he must return the money.
have you tried running mining on hive os?

deskless (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2021, 03:36:36 PM

I heard that Radeon VII graphics cards have been out of production for a long time (about a year).
Under the laws of my country, if the supplier does not have a similar product for replacement, but he must return the money.
Fan noise control is very important for the rig with radeon VII. So I could only do it with windows OS.
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 07, 2021, 04:30:35 PM

What PSU you used for radeon 7?
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 07, 2021, 04:55:28 PM

Radeon VII is plagued with that code 43 problem since launch and I believe this is factory problem, AMD did a bad job on this Radeon VII, it would have been on of the best graphic cards for crypto mining, I have friends that even sold their Vega 56 and 64 for Radeon VII and they regret selling

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
deskless (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2021, 05:22:14 PM

What PSU you used for radeon 7?

Corsair 1200 is shared with 3 other radeon vii
deskless (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2021, 05:26:06 PM

Radeon VII is plagued with that code 43 problem since launch and I believe this is factory problem, AMD did a bad job on this Radeon VII, it would have been on of the best graphic cards for crypto mining, I have friends that even sold their Vega 56 and 64 for Radeon VII and they regret selling
It is a great card when it is not showing error 43. Very silent and decent hashrate
safar1980
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 01:27:35 PM

Fan noise control is very important for the rig with radeon VII. So I could only do it with windows OS.
These video cards get very hot, so lowering the fan speed risk getting problems with overheating of the video cards.
Perhaps this is your problem.
There are other ways to combat noise, but for now I suggest you try mining on a different system.
Connect a USB flash drive with a hive os to your farm and you can check your video card.

deskless (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 02:11:44 PM

These video cards get very hot, so lowering the fan speed risk getting problems with overheating of the video cards.
There are other ways to combat noise, but for now I suggest you try mining on a different system.
Connect a USB flash drive with a hive os to your farm and you can check your video card.
Agree. I have a spare Mobo that could be used for this card.. That is a good suggestion.
Eco_111

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 09:18:34 AM

Radeon VII would have been the greatest card for mining if not for the overheating issue, the card gets too hot and having more than one gpu in a rig will even make things more worse, this is the biggest failed invention of all gpu that I know of, too many complains from buyers all over the world
safar1980
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 11:47:31 AM

Agree. I have a spare Mobo that could be used for this card.. That is a good suggestion.
If that's more convenient for you, then please.
I turn off working video cards and load the operating system from a usb flash drive. Verification takes 5 minutes.
If the video card does not pass the check, then I am already working on a separate mobo.

Bare

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 11:14:14 PM

But the real question is what temps did your card suffer to output error 43?

I'm guessing +80c?

Be honest.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: