Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:18:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RTX 3090 Hash Rates & Settings  (Read 1179 times)
Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 06:41:17 AM

Ha I'm glad I don't buy this RTX3090, a friend you got one complaining of heat, I think water cooling option is the best for this card if you plan to mine for 24/7, or lower the clock to draw less energy, I abandoned RTX3090 for four pieces of gtx1660 super, even a bit cheaper and better hashrate, I got 120Mh from the four gtx1660 super with power draw of 328 watts, cooling for each cards are 57°c max

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jazz1984

Activity: 392
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 03, 2021, 08:50:19 AM

First of all - try to touch backplate. 3090 may throttle due to high memory temperature. If its ok - try to add core clock several times per 100MH one time.

I have checked HWInfo and no thermal throttling, only power throttle!

In MSI Afterburner its not even displaying the mV, why would that be do you think?

Also the fan for the backplate that comes with the unit doesnt fit into my case because of another cable Sad

Thanks for replies Smiley
You will not see memory throttle, that`s why try to touch. I can`t say anything about MSI Afterburner - i just don`t remember it. Try HiveOS or RaveOS. It`s simple and helps to configure your GPUs easily.
New version of HWinfo shows memory temps for my 3090s. If its lower then 110 there is no throttling.
By the way backplate of Palit (96C mem) is hotter than Gigabyate Eagle (108C mem), when i touch it.
my settings - 0.725V 1100 Mhz Core/ 10500 Mhz memory
its on eth 120Mh/300W power consumption
falsealarm_bf1

Activity: 124
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 03, 2021, 04:41:12 PM

First of all - try to touch backplate. 3090 may throttle due to high memory temperature. If its ok - try to add core clock several times per 100MH one time.

In MSI Afterburner its not even displaying the mV, why would that be do you think?

Also the fan for the backplate that comes with the unit doesnt fit into my case because of another cable Sad

You will not see memory throttle, that`s why try to touch. I can`t say anything about MSI Afterburner - i just don`t remember it. Try HiveOS or RaveOS. It`s simple and helps to configure your GPUs easily.
New version of HWinfo shows memory temps for my 3090s. If its lower then 110 there is no throttling.
By the way backplate of Palit (96C mem) is hotter than Gigabyate Eagle (108C mem), when i touch it.

Sounds like your Palit has better thermal pads in the back that transfer heat better to the backplate. F'ing Gigabyte must have gone cheap with the thermal pads. I tried to figure out the pad thickness online and I am finding it's 3.0mm yet Thermal Grizzly and Gelid are both out of stock for 3.0mm pads.

HORIZEN ►►► Bringing Privacy To Life | https://horizen.global/
huntingthesnark

Activity: 357
Merit: 26

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2021, 05:01:42 PM

Yeah, my Palits respond very well to fans/sinks on the backplate. mine @94C mem similar other numbers to above.

For the latest Crypto news and alts info check out https://coinsjar.info/
jazz1984

Activity: 392
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 06:37:18 AM

Sounds like your Palit has better thermal pads in the back that transfer heat better to the backplate. F'ing Gigabyte must have gone cheap with the thermal pads. I tried to figure out the pad thickness online and I am finding it's 3.0mm yet Thermal Grizzly and Gelid are both out of stock for 3.0mm pads.
Yes it has. by the way Gigabyte was trottled till i add big radiator on the backplate using termalpads (arctic 0,5mm). This is the only solution without unscrewing.
bretthexum

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 12:33:37 AM

PNY 3090

Core:  -150
Mem: +1100
Power 88% (about 310 watts)
Can get 116-117 with PHX

It does run warm though.  Need an extra fan to keep it happy. 
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 01:13:36 AM

why the 3090? the best out of the buck is definitely the 3060 ti, or i'm missing something?
Sledge0001

Activity: 582
Merit: 149

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2021, 03:23:58 AM

why the 3090? the best out of the buck is definitely the 3060 ti, or i'm missing something?

Longevity is my answer... I will use up every second of those 3 year warranties!!! Smiley
Wotan Wipeout

Activity: 438
Merit: 27

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 03:29:35 AM

3060ti and 3070 have best hash / watt ratio.
But 3090 has got the most hash.
CutePanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 05:30:06 AM

i never tried RTX series before, for me i'm still mining using
GTX 1660Ti Super, i can mine about $2-4/day with these GPU..
100% power fan 80% PSU 340Watt

i really concern about the electricity cost, it turns out, i still can earn much after pay the cost,
i wanna buy RTX series too later, i hope i can mine with that GPU too.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 06:02:37 AM

trolls are desperate, you cant find a 3060ti, now there is just the 3090, so the fomo make them buy. Profitability can crash anytime to negative and then they will never get their money back, the 200 days will become 9000 days, just like 2018 ehhe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Sourhearrt

Activity: 166
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 06:21:49 AM

i never tried RTX series before, for me i'm still mining using
GTX 1660Ti Super, i can mine about $2-4/day with these GPU..
100% power fan 80% PSU 340Watt

i really concern about the electricity cost, it turns out, i still can earn much after pay the cost,
i wanna buy RTX series too later, i hope i can mine with that GPU too.
If you care more about your electricity cost why are you using 100% power for gtx1660ti and super? That will draw up to 100 watts or over, you don't need that max power to get your gpu going, reduce the power draw to 65% and reduce memory clock and core clock to zero, you will get 31 mhs at 80 watts

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Sledge0001

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2021, 07:56:02 AM

trolls are desperate, you cant find a 3060ti, now there is just the 3090, so the fomo make them buy. Profitability can crash anytime to negative and then they will never get their money back, the 200 days will become 9000 days, just like 2018 ehhe

I find that an odd statement because I can and have mined most of my cards for about 2 to 2 1/2 years and not only turn a profit but can still sell the card for extra.

In the case of the 3090's I expect they will be able to mine for quite sometime into the future. (I still have a single 1060 6GB card running in one of my racks!)
Sourhearrt

Activity: 166
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 04:46:48 PM

Over exaggeration, since bear took over the market in 2018 and we are in 2021 that's 1000+ days, those who mined and kept their Ethereum still end up making huge amount of money, If bear comes keep mining and keep your ETH, crypto space is already a circle so market can't keep surging forever

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 08:29:42 AM

well just curious thats big cooler on rt 3090, mining eth at 300w on single card dang thats pretty hot same as radeon VII the amount of heat dissipation at the peak

it will burned the pcie 8pin if not carefully joined, especially antec has weak pcie cable

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
Sledge0001

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2021, 04:33:48 PM

well just curious thats big cooler on rt 3090, mining eth at 300w on single card dang thats pretty hot same as radeon VII the amount of heat dissipation at the peak

it will burned the pcie 8pin if not carefully joined, especially antec has weak pcie cable

There is no doubt that the 3090's run hot.

I use the EVGA 1600W T2 to power up 4 cards on a PSU safely without any issues.
falsealarm_bf1

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 07:27:00 AM

Wow, this is incredible! I spent nearly 5 hours to do a Gelid Extreme GC replacement this evening, and (I hope it stays this way) TJunction temperatures are down from 110C to 84C on the Gigabye card I complained about originally. Fuck Gigabytye for using cheap thermal pads, and possible incorrect thickness pads.

Here is the down low.

1. For the back of the card 3.0mm, and 2.0mm pads
2. For the front of the card 2.0mm and 1.0mm pads
3. For the die, MX-4 Arctic

With power limit set to 75%, card is no longer throttling down to below 900Mhz for the core, and memory is steady at 9501Mhz. And hashing at a consistent 107MH/s. Best of all, I no longer need to run the fans at 80%.

I now plan to install two active M2 heat pipes on the back of the card to cool the back VRAM even further.

Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 07:41:04 AM

those who mined and kept their Ethereum still end up making huge amount of money, If bear comes keep mining and keep your ETH

You know common people will sell their eth because they need the money, I agree with you if you talk about people who dont need this money, millionaires or billionaires would not need to sell any eth.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
falsealarm_bf1

View Profile
April 06, 2021, 07:30:32 PM

Did something change with the latest nVidia drivers? Having changed the thermal pads and with additional cooling, I was previously getting 120MH/s with the 3090 with a PL of 80 and a curve starting from 1250MHz core. Now, I am having to up the memory +1000 to 10551 before I can reach 120MH/s. Anyone else recently had to change clock configurations to retain hash rates with 3090s?

falsealarm_bf1

View Profile
May 01, 2021, 02:15:07 AM

Yes it has. by the way Gigabyte was trottled till i add big radiator on the backplate using termalpads (arctic 0,5mm). This is the only solution without unscrewing.

Good morning Jazz1984:

I have a Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Xtreme Waterforce and I have only been able to adjust the temperature of the VRM to 108 degrees, incorporating 4 fans (two above the backplate and two below the GPU). My question is if you can tell me the heatsink you have used, what temperatures you have achieved in the VRMs and what configuration you have in aftterburner.

Thank you.

All the best.

Fans are not going to help much until you bring better thermal conductivity from the components to the backplate, meaning you need to upgrade the thermal pads. Then you can use M.2 active coolers directly on top of memory on the outside of the backplate, direct additional fans to them as well. This is obviously in addition to standard software level changes reducing power to the card, upping memory speed, etc.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: