Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:30:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW SCAM by supplier SESTERCE - BEWARE  (Read 91 times)
Black_Miner (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2021, 02:56:49 PM

NEW SCAM by SESTERCE - BEWARE

On Jan 4th, I ordered equipment (order 10996) from Sesterce.  On Jan 4th they sent me an invoice.  On Jan 4th I wired the money to Sesterce (like 17K) for two miners.  On Jan 5th, I emailed support to alert that my invoice was paid.  On January 6th, Sesterce informed me that my price has doubled, and asked me to send $11,000 USD MORE to purchase the same product I already paid for.

I am a US company dealing with this this French Company, Sesterce, for the first time.  I'm not sure how they do business in France, but this is not a business practice that I am accustomed to.

Sadly, I read the reviews about Sesterce, and many of them were poor reviews.  Then I went to Sesterce website, and they posted this announcement (by Sesterce) that "folks are posting untrue reviews about the company", and Sesterce promises to provide good service. 

Still, I decided to take a chance on this company to purchase two ETH miners, and had the faith to wire money overseas (which scared me alot).  Their website looks good, their support team is responsive, and WHATTOMINE endorsed them on their website. 

But now I am so disappointed in their business practice.  I am praying that this company will do justice and send me my equipment, but the story about Sesterce is growing worse in every review.  At this moment I feel very scammed by their business practices, and I hope i can get my equipment or my money back.  Although, I have see reviews where they have waited nearly a year to return money.  I hope that WHATTOMINE sees this continued issues with Sesterce and considers whether to keep advertising them on their website.  This is not good for WHATTOMINE to endorse a company like this.

Black_Miner
gjstiver@yahoo.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3633

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2021, 11:16:02 AM

Why did you send such an amount without checking them? At least you were asking people in this forum and they would help you get the right information.
What miner are you looking for? Next time visit ---> Marketplace ---> Goods ---> Computer Hardware.

you can read more info from Trustpilot

Published 15 April 2020

Dear Trustpilot users,

Our customized software has discovered a large number of fake reviews on this domain and we've removed them.

The integrity of our community is something we take very seriously. We'll therefore continue our efforts to safeguard the integrity of the platform, and we'll inform our users when we uncover attempts of misuse.

Also, Bitcointalk topics --->https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5204714.0 & https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154455.0

Anyway they are selective scammers

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
January 07, 2021, 05:15:19 PM

I guess you should contact immediately considering that you just ordered few days ago.

I have checked their trustpilot page, and I've been skeptical regarding the reviews, most 3-5 stars are from unknown/unverified users, while those their "verified" users has bad/poor reviews regarding to their service.

I suggest you to make a thorough research before sending any amount to any service especially if its involved with a huge amount of money.
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1786

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 10:35:34 PM

Sadly, I read the reviews about Sesterce, and many of them were poor reviews.  Then I went to Sesterce website, and they posted this announcement (by Sesterce) that "folks are posting untrue reviews about the company", and Sesterce promises to provide good service. 
This is bad that you fell right into their trap. I have seen a number of scam accusations and complaints about them around the forum. I don't know If you have ever done any online shopping before but the first thing you always do before even thinking of buying anything online is to first look for reviews about the online seller. You don't wait to look for reviews or scam accusation after you have been scammed.

"Prevention is better than cure"

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██