Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:59:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which stablecoin is best?  (Read 608 times)
mardaed

Activity: 994
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 07, 2021, 07:12:53 AM

I used to use USD tether all the time and still using it for trading purposes and liquidity purpose but recently we have seen a FUD or may be truth that SEC may have issue against them although they clarified that they are running it under registered business etc etc. Is tether risky from that purpose? Even if SEC warrant something like XRP, what will happen to Tether?
What about another alternative stablecoin?

Just what I have thought no one here fully trust USDT I personally don't trust this one I've heard some humors that anytime it can be worthless, I'm not quite sure about that but I really think we should careful with that one.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 07, 2021, 07:21:43 AM

This SEC issue with XRP, that was how it started, first as a fud and while many ignored, some other people sold to be safe, and finally it turned out to be true and till date the case is yet to be solved. Therefore in my own opinion, even though USDT has grown so much, if the fud turns out to be true, they will most likely face the same fate with XRP, in the case of XRP the price fell, and as such when it gets to USDT the price will most likely fall as well, because there will be massive sell off. Also, since USDT isn't the only stable coin, it will give other stable coins the chance to gain more, hence I don't think many major effect will be witnessed.
Furthermore, to the best of my understanding, USDC seems to be the next in line after USDT that is to say, it should be the best if the fud turns out to be true.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
btcltcdigger

Activity: 2002
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
January 07, 2021, 10:59:34 AM

I used to use USD tether all the time and still using it for trading purposes and liquidity purpose but recently we have seen a FUD or may be truth that SEC may have issue against them although they clarified that they are running it under registered business etc etc. Is tether risky from that purpose? Even if SEC warrant something like XRP, what will happen to Tether?

Literally dozens. But USDT has been the 1st stable coin, and as such, it's most (dis)trusted of them all.
DAI would be a good alternative, but it has been unpegged from $1 before, so there's that.
Personally, USDC is my fav
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2021, 11:00:34 AM

...What about another alternative stablecoin?

In my opinion, the most secure are decentralized stablecoins, such as DAI. But they are more suitable for holding than trading due to the fact that not all coins are traded in pairs with them and they have low liquidity. This is because traders still do not understand the difference between centralized and decentralized stablecoins.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 07, 2021, 12:24:09 PM

Long before I was using USDT for keeping my profit safe after my full day trading session, But after the red flag was raised on the Tether (USDT) questioning that it was not 100 backed with fiat/dollar. I was doubting already thats why now I was using BinanceUSD or BUSD for the same purpose I believe it's more stable and safe because it was guaranteed by Binance itself.
Zeehaxan

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

WhalesHeaven - Custody Free Swap Exchange

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 07:20:48 PM

I would suggest usdc because it comes from one of the biggest and reputed group in this business and also they are soon initiating an IPO to list at an American stock exchange so i think this is the most legit and compliant stablecoin in the market at the moment.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
Dessy88

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 07:30:16 PM

I think Tether best stable coin for me because this coin very helpful for little trader. This is very long i have been used USDT for trading as well so you can comfortably try it. Therefore some people here with different mind so you have should different thinking for making profits on your road.

dotcoin.info

Activity: 686
Merit: 252

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 07:45:33 PM

In terms of their technical and functional characteristics, they are more or less similar. I believe that the choice of how to keep your assets should fall on those stable coins that do not have problems with the law. Indeed, in fact, this is the only factor that can destroy a stable coin project. By the time Bitfinex already had problems with the law, everything was settled. Nevertheless, for a certain time USDT cost less than $ 0.6. Where is the stability?a

Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 08:34:58 PM

As always the definition of best varies among people, it seems you are worried that the SEC could take a more harsher stance against stable coins in something similar to what we are seeing with XRP and I believe that you are right, as such any centralized stable coin is probably going to be affected in the future if the SEC decides to attack them, so what it is the best solution? I do not know much about it but DAI is a decentralized stable coin and it could be a good option for those that want to prepare in the case something like that were to happen.
Roidz

Activity: 1386
Merit: 250

1XBit.com

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 08:35:39 PM

If you mention the best stablecoins, of course almost all stable coins have striking similarities, namely the price is not fluactic (stable) compared to bitcoin or other altcoins, but among the many stablecoins, of course usdt is the king of stablecoins today and we know that usdt was created as alternatives to currencies and stablecoins (usdt) serve as reliable safe haven assets amid volatile markets

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2021, 10:40:48 PM

I often use USDT, only to move assets (reward bounty) from an exchange, although not quite safe and controversial, USDT is quite available on many exchanges. There are many types of stablecoins to choose from, we also have to know what supports them. Some are supported by fiat, commodities such as gold, etc. when it comes to assets, we have to do an in-depth analysis, and make sure to understand correctly what the function of the stablecoin itself is.

source: https://download.blockdata.tech/blockdata-stablecoin-report-blockchain-technology.pdf

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 10:51:36 PM

Tether is stable coin, there will not bo like XRP that fall sharply when SEC accussed them. I actually comfortable to use USTD (tether) for all my trading plan. Indeed there is another dollar but I don't know maybe USDT is more old than another I still use it.

If SEC filed a lawsuit against USDT I don't think anything bad will happen until we lose our money in USDT. Maybe slowly many investors will leave USDT if the problem is so complex and move to USD which really has a good reputation. But if there is no accusation from SEC I think USDT is a good stable coin or a stable coin that being used by most crypto user.
affandi

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 03:16:34 AM

USDT is a lot of controversy, there is an alternative as well as a stable coin which in my opinion is the best, which is very feasible to use for transactions in cryptocurrency

1. Dai: (DAI) is a decentralized stable coin running on Ethereum (ETH) that attempts to maintain a value of $1.00 USD. Unlike centralized stable coins, Dai is not supported by USD in a bank account. Rather, it is supported by a guarantee on the Maker platform.

2. USDC: USDC is a coin that is included in the stablecoin category launched by Coinbase. USDC is also referred to as the digital dollar because the value of 1 USD Coin is always the equivalent of 1 United States dollar. USDC is an ERC-20 token that allows users to make payments, loans, investments and trades.

3. PAXOS: (PAX) The company, Paxos Trust Company, LLC based in New York, in September 2018 then created a USDT-like stablecoin, called Paxos Standard (PAX) using the Ethereum blockchain. It's just that the company wants to play officially and legally, getting the blessing of regulators in the United States, in this case the New York Department of Financial Services (NYDFS).

4.BUSD: Binance USD (BUSD) is a USD-backed 1: 1 stable coin issued by Binance (in partnership with Paxos), Approved and regulated by the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS), BUSD Monthly Audit Report can be viewed from the official site. Launched on 5 Sep 2019, BUSD aims to combine dollar stability with blockchain technology. It is a digital fiat currency, issued as ERC-20 and supports BEP-2.

those are some alternative options besides USDT, lots of the best stable coins, but in my opinion that's all I believe at the moment
kram31

Activity: 791
Merit: 139

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 05:08:32 AM

At the moment I used USDT, because in accordance to what I did in trading activity anyhow I got earned twice or more every week in altcoins using this trading pair. Then, second ETH something like that. But it doesn't matter what trading pair it is, but for what matter most is you earn every time you made a trading activity in the platform.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 05:48:45 AM

I don't really understand the stability of the other coins, but the issue of USDT issues has been around for a long time. in fact, information such as only 70% USDT backed up real money is already an issue that can destroy USDT. however, until now I still continue to use USDT for my purposes. however, I never hold back in the long term the USDT I have. given that there is quite a risk, I choose to deposit my assets in the bank or use USDT as needed.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
RussianEnglishTranslation

Activity: 840
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 06:08:17 AM

Use mSTABLE
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 06:13:16 AM

The number of stablecoins in circulation is not that large, so it is very easy to determine which is the best stablecoins. There are several stablecoins
that I usually use, including USDT, USDC, BUSD and DAI. Of all the stablecoins I use, I think USDT is the best, because USDT is the most popular
compared to other stablecoins. So it's no wonder USDT has the highest volume compared to other stablecoins, even the volume of USDT can beat
Bitcoin based on the data I got from CMC sites. Another advantage of USDT is that it is listed on almost all exchanges and wallets, this makes it easier
for USDT users to move their funds elsewhere, don't need to convert into other coins first.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
avarnet

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 07:07:21 AM

Now I use USDT TRC20 because of the cheap transaction fees. I usually use ERC20. However, nowadays the high transaction fees from ethereum have made me opt for another more efficient option. do not want to make a lot of costs for money transfers. I think many people agree with me too. we all know this 2 month ethereum fee is very high
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 07:15:36 AM

Is tether risky from that purpose? Even if SEC warrant something like XRP, what will happen to Tether?

Yes definitely risky. This is gonna be a big fud later on, it's a long time file against tether and they just now gonna be put in check. I'm not sure what will happened on tether but definitely some will disable trading pair of this. Like what happened on xrp. However that's still not sure.

But Binance give a hint few days ago. When they open a perpetual contract trading via busd.

https://www.binance.com/en/support/announcement/3d974ead7acf447bab862e795ee832bb

What could it means of opening this pair? Well we all knew that the volume goes more on usdt. From that we could say they also make some preparations if ever worse have come to tether.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
msarro

Activity: 788
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 07:56:02 AM

I don't quite sure how do they create stable coin or what could be the concept for that however what I currently using is Binance USD (BUSD) Since I'm trading on their platform thought there's USDT on it I heard speculation about it.

██    ▀█████████████▀    ██
██      ▀████▀████▀      ██
███▄    ▄██▀   ▀██▄    ▄███
█████▄▄██▀  ▄▄▄  ▀██▄▄█████
███████▀    ███    ▀███████
██████               ██████
███████▄    ███    ▄███████
████▀ ▀██▄  ▀▀▀  ▄██▀ ▀████
████▀   ▀██▄   ▄██▀   ▀████
██▀   ▄▄ ▄███▄███▄ ▄▄   ▀██
██▄ ▄█████████████████▄ ▄██