Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:41:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum to US Dollars  (Read 56 times)
ncbeachdude (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2021, 12:37:04 AM

Complete newbie to cryptocurrency, so sorry for the basic question.

What are the general steps and services to take bitcoin from Electrum and get it exchanged to US Dollars?

I thought Coinbase would do it but it only allows you to buy, send and receive (as far as I can tell). What are the steps to export your bitcoin in Electrum so it can be uploaded to a service to exchange to US Dollars? Which service is recommended?
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
January 07, 2021, 12:40:32 AM

If you've already kyc'd with coinbase you can just use that to sell your funds.

Just click deposit and send to that address from electrum and then you should see a sell option. You can also use Pro.coinbase.com to save on fees and add orders that can trigger at certain prices in the future.

When sending to an address's make sure you check the first 5, last 5 and a series of characters in the middle to ensure you're sending to the right address. You can also use the "advanced button in electrum to check this in a read-only view.
ncbeachdude (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2021, 12:46:34 AM

Ahhh ok, thanks jackg, I hadn't yet fully verified my coinbase and once I did I was able to see my crypto address. Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: