Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:07:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's still "mining" Pi  (Read 275 times)
piececollector (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 01:15:27 AM

I'm still going but I see people have dropped off because the mothership is taking up or the want the mainnet?
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1052
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 01:43:05 AM

It's been two years I've left pi. I was discouraged when they wanted KYC of people without even delivering a blockchain or an transferable token. And from last year, all my friends have stopped using the app as the app started pushing out advertisement and failed to reach it's roadmap several times. They are just profiting from the app users without giving back any value.
I'd use it again if they gets listed but before that, I'm not going to have one more ad filled app on my phone.

aarif123

Activity: 345

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 03:36:34 AM

I have stopped using pi after knowing that they require kyc as far as I know pi is very new project there is no exchange listed yet so we can't trust on any random crypto project because we have seen so many fake projects
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 04:14:35 AM

I have never found the official pages of those "Stanford" founders publicly associate themselves with "Pi". The Twitter profile is an unverified account which says in its bio "Head of Technology".

Vincent McPhillip has a few videos on the internet and he seems a well intentioned guy. Pi itself seems to just be going through a phase to install itself on more and more phones along with KYC. It is more of a social experiment than a cryptocurrency that is ever going to have value in the future. The codebase is based on BitShares which has been a pretty much spent project for a long time now.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2021, 04:58:05 AM

I tried to mine Pi for quite some time but I stopped it immediately when they started to ask for our personal information.

With a coin that has no value at all and can just be get by anybody who has a smart phone, I don't want to share information to them. One thing more is their team is quite suspicious for some reasons. If there are some here who are still mining PI and sent their information to them then beware Cheesy. Good luck in selling those tokens in advance.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Travel Standard

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Student Coin

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 05:03:10 AM

I started mining 3 months ago now mlre than 1k.
But i stopped mining now because i think pi will give not any benefit. Also their phone verification not working for me

─────────   CitizenFinance.io   ─────────
A DECENTRALIZED GAMING PLATFORM POWERING
THE NEXT-GEN NFT-BASED UTILITIES
Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 05:28:44 AM

Pi is obviously a scam because mining cryptocurrency using our mobile phones can be true, but it is too good to make it a scam. I heard many people had earned a good profit from it, but I assume it is only a show to make their project look legitimate. So you should leave and stay off it because it is a waste of time.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
terciduk123

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 07:37:26 AM

I've been mining PI for a long time, but it's not clear when the tokens will be traded on the exchange, so I stopped mining PI and just hold the tokens.
piececollector (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 10:49:38 AM

It's been two years I've left pi. I was discouraged when they wanted KYC of people without even delivering a blockchain or an transferable token. And from last year, all my friends have stopped using the app as the app started pushing out advertisement and failed to reach it's roadmap several times. They are just profiting from the app users without giving back any value.
I'd use it again if they gets listed but before that, I'm not going to have one more ad filled app on my phone.

That is true that's why I dropped piece to try to help the network. They might have dropped the ball people will probably sell or forget about it. I don't like how things are I need to get piece on an descent exchange.
piececollector (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 10:53:49 AM

I have never found the official pages of those "Stanford" founders publicly associate themselves with "Pi". The Twitter profile is an unverified account which says in its bio "Head of Technology".

Vincent McPhillip has a few videos on the internet and he seems a well intentioned guy. Pi itself seems to just be going through a phase to install itself on more and more phones along with KYC. It is more of a social experiment than a cryptocurrency that is ever going to have value in the future. The codebase is based on BitShares which has been a pretty much spent project for a long time now.

Isn't it built on Stellar stellar is a coin I think new people will go for like in 2017. I was just looking at the top 100 mostly. The ranking have changed so much since. So many coins fell out.
piececollector (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 10:59:04 AM

I started mining 3 months ago now mlre than 1k.
But i stopped mining now because i think pi will give not any benefit. Also their phone verification not working for me

I did too I'm around 1k. Idk I'm still working on a way to back it up.  They should allow people to send coins to each other NOW while earning
piececollector (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 11:01:29 AM

Pi is obviously a scam because mining cryptocurrency using our mobile phones can be true, but it is too good to make it a scam. I heard many people had earned a good profit from it, but I assume it is only a show to make their project look legitimate. So you should leave and stay off it because it is a waste of time.

That would suck and I was pushing it like something makes me look bad smh if it's not solid. I
piececollector (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 11:04:35 AM

I started mining pi coins since they came out.  It is still digging every day.  The current number is more than 2,000.  Just click it every day.  It's still quite simple.  The price is not yet known.  I don't know what plans the current project team has in the future.  Just curious to dig.

I need to create a paper wallet address generator so I can send Paperbacks to y'all.
Handsome Boy
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 12

I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 01:26:32 PM

I'm still going but I see people have dropped off because the mothership is taking up or the want the mainnet?

I'm still mining Pi, although until now Pi does not have a price and it is not clear what Blockchain is used, but I see the enthusiasm of people and the team is still very big and that makes me still mining Pi for now, because in my opinion there is nothing wrong with trying to mining Pi (maybe in the future the price of Pi is very high) and we also don't waste much time to mining Pi (less than 1 minute per day).
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 03:54:14 PM

I stopped mining the tokens when my anti-virus flag the app, I need to delete from my phone. A useless tokens should not be stealing my information free of charge. I believe the team do not have the best intention, when you have app stealing your data and selling it to advertising agencies that do not make sense. I will advice people to just mine it for some time, in case it worth something in future and stop mining it. 2 years is enough to deliver a good project if indeed they want to

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
piececollector (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 06:04:19 PM

I stopped mining the tokens when my anti-virus flag the app, I need to delete from my phone. A useless tokens should not be stealing my information free of charge. I believe the team do not have the best intention, when you have app stealing your data and selling it to advertising agencies that do not make sense. I will advice people to just mine it for some time, in case it worth something in future and stop mining it. 2 years is enough to deliver a good project if indeed they want to

Well i'll buy those tokens from you if I can get Piece on an exchange for Litecoin. I'm actually going to try to set something up so I can send Paperbacks to those with Pi just screenshot it and also trying to  work on a paper wallet. so you don't have to worry about virus because it is a old Qt wallet have to upgrade it or something to get ride of viruses. i'll look into it cuz I didn't make the exe for Piece
Almasani

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2021, 06:48:11 PM

Precisely you are asking about mining in sub Mining (Altcoins). Because there is a special discussion about mining. I have done PI coin mining, of course mining using a phone will certainly not get maximum results, because mining is recommended to use a heat-resistant device.
piececollector (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 07:06:35 PM

Precisely you are asking about mining in sub Mining (Altcoins). Because there is a special discussion about mining. I have done PI coin mining, of course mining using a phone will certainly not get maximum results, because mining is recommended to use a heat-resistant device.

mining on a phone wont work with CPU or anything hire on the network sucks unless there was a way you could limit the hashrate.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2021, 07:18:56 PM

I used to mine Pi but not anymore. All my friends that were so fond of it before also stopped mining because of the slow development and there has been no token distribution just a number on the screen.  Aside from that, their KYC policy turned many of us off.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
piececollector (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 07:23:27 PM

I used to mine Pi but not anymore. All my friends that were so fond of it before also stopped mining because of the slow development and there has been no token distribution just a number on the screen.  Aside from that, their KYC policy turned many of us off.

I see whats going on its suspicious but I think the KYC can be used to weed out fake people
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: