Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:53:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: btc - need help  (Read 341 times)
leen1993 (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 07:01:58 PM

Open a short position for cover your market risk.

I hold over 20 btc in cold storage and like to sell some at these prices.
how to sell anonymously for cash?
how to exchange for stablecoins anonymously and safe?
how to store stablecoins?
where? Don't want to get hit with taxes when this crashes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HedgeFx

Activity: 1008
Merit: 400

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 07:05:51 PM

Go short leverage with a small part of them . Your risk will be covered but this simply strategy

<…> binance locked my account within 1 trade...
Care to elaborate more on this one? :

Cause/reason provided by Binance, possible solutions provided by their contact channels, permanent or temporary, was the origin of the funds related in any way to potential dubious origin that you are aware of, that they could have analysed (chain analysis) and determined the outcome you state, etc.

no. VPN issue. And did get funds withdrawn afterwards. Just kinda freaks me out to risk 800k to them
HedgeFx

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 07:06:51 PM

Kraken? Binance? Poloniex? Other brokers? You have a lot of choices!

If you are an holder you don’t need to sell.

Edit: first keep calm! Seems you are in panic  Cool

Open a short position for cover your market risk.

I hold over 20 btc in cold storage and like to sell some at these prices.
how to sell anonymously for cash?
how to exchange for stablecoins anonymously and safe?
how to store stablecoins?
where? Don't want to get hit with taxes when this crashes
GeorgeJohn

Activity: 1428
Merit: 658

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 10:47:29 PM

We have different platform someone can buy and sell bitcoin even some of  these platforms required P2P transactions but I can refer people to use (1) Binance for purchasing and selling bitcoin and other coins, and (2) Remitano uses P2P method for btc transactions, lastly (3) luno, these depends on your country but all these require small charge based on the transactions.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
RickDeckard
Legendary

Merit: 3006

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 11:27:16 PM

It seems that you just found out about the little pot of gold that you hold and you may see a bit "lost" in what should you be doing and how to deal with this news.

First of all congratulations. 20 BTC, at it's current price, can chance the life of everyone and you should not let this excitement translate into fear / stress.

how to sell anonymously for cash? Most exchanges will ask for some sort of ID since the government demands it (at least I know that Kraken and Binance do this), at least for high amounts of trading. May I ask the need to sell anonymously? Do you have some sort of fear that people may found out who you are or something like that?
how to exchange for stablecoins anonymously and safe?Stablecoins, from the limited knowledge that I have, may be frozen with no notice. Please think twice before going this path.
how to store stablecoins? - See previous answer

Whatever you do don't go all in with the 20 BTC. My suggestion would be to pick an exchange, try to exchange a small amount of BTC and see how it goes.

Whatever you do, just take it easy. If you have BTC in a cold storage no one can take them from you, assuming you don't fall for those scams that try to trick you.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
leen1993 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 01:31:45 AM

It seems that you just found out about the little pot of gold that you hold and you may see a bit "lost" in what should you be doing and how to deal with this news.

First of all congratulations. 20 BTC, at it's current price, can chance the life of everyone and you should not let this excitement translate into fear / stress.

how to sell anonymously for cash? Most exchanges will ask for some sort of ID since the government demands it (at least I know that Kraken and Binance do this), at least for high amounts of trading. May I ask the need to sell anonymously? Do you have some sort of fear that people may found out who you are or something like that?
how to exchange for stablecoins anonymously and safe?Stablecoins, from the limited knowledge that I have, may be frozen with no notice. Please think twice before going this path.

Whatever you do don't go all in with the 20 BTC. My suggestion would be to pick an exchange, try to exchange a small amount of BTC and see how it goes.

Whatever you do, just take it easy. If you have BTC in a cold storage no one can take them from you, assuming you don't fall for those scams that try to trick you.
the reason I want to go with a stablecoin. (Dai can't be frozen in its current form as far as I know) is so i have some time figuring things out without the possibility half of it goes to shit in a month.
leen1993 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 04:58:40 AM

the reason I want to go with a stablecoin. (Dai can't be frozen in its current form as far as I know) is so i have some time figuring things out without the possibility half of it goes to shit in a month.
tried binance again and got 1500$ of dai. Just a small amount to try out.
Now how to do the other 800k?
Repeat this with new different accounts on binance with different iPs through VPN? What amounts i should be able to do without kyc or any risk on any problem?
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 758

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 07:02:16 AM

Repeat this with new different accounts on binance with different iPs through VPN? What amounts i should be able to do without kyc or any risk on any problem?
Using VPN will put you under risk for sure, so never think about trying VPN and register new accounts. You can still trade the same account to trade further bit for 800K this might be alarming so you need new fresh IP for every conversion you make. Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
HedgeFx

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 08:15:44 AM

As I wrote Go leverage on binance .  Have you ever traded by leveraging positions?

RickDeckard
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 10:58:29 AM

I wouldn't recommend using a VPN on exchanges since it can get your account flagged for suspicious activity. If you continue to do that odds are that they'll flag your account and then you'll have your funds blocked ...

May I ask why the need for such high amount of the anonymity?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
leen1993 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 02:52:14 PM

I wouldn't recommend using a VPN on exchanges since it can get your account flagged for suspicious activity. If you continue to do that odds are that they'll flag your account and then you'll have your funds blocked ...

May I ask why the need for such high amount of the anonymity?
tax and can't proof where btc came from.
Why would they flag me if I open a bunch of accounts with different ip using a VPN? How would they know im using a vpn?
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10757

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2021, 03:31:55 PM

<...> Why would they flag me if I open a bunch of accounts with different ip using a VPN? How would they know im using a vpn?
Binance TOS (https://www.binance.com/en/terms) state in section 3.a that you may only have one account on the platform (wording there is not brilliant though). Whether they can connect them (IP behaviour for example) is another matter.

It does not cite anything explicit on VPNs that I’ve managed to see, but VPNs can sometimes lead to security concerns being raised (i.e. logging-in from many different IPs, possibly including some troublesome ones), which they may resolve as "unusual activity" as per section VI.1 (suspension of Binance accounts). I think they ought to be explicitly clear on VPN treatment; the internet is full of reports on issues when accessing the exchange from a vpn (then again, there seem to be plenty of people ok).

VPNs can be detected by multiple casuistic, including, but not limited to, blacklisted IPs, 1:n relationships (1 account, many IPs), n:1 relationships (n (many) accounts from different people using the same IP), geolocation jumps, and so forth.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2172

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2021, 03:55:14 PM

Why would they flag me if I open a bunch of accounts with different IPs using a VPN? How would they know I'm using a VPN?
Using a VPN doesn't mean you are safe and your IP address isn't traceable. Read this article, Can you be tracked with a VPN?. There is not much VPN provider. So most likely, they have a list or some other way to detect VPN providers. Here is an important part.

The IP addresses of VPN servers aren't difficult to recognize — there are even databases that try to determine whether an IP belongs to a particular provider. When you access a website with a VPN on, it may be able to identify that you're using a VPN using your IP. However, this doesn't mean the website will know the identity of the person behind the IP address — just that they are using a VPN.
It seems although they wouldn't detect who are you but still they are able to know the traffic came from where. In this way, you just risking yourself I think. Binance has withdrawal limits without KYC, you can withdraw 2 BTC per day without verification. So at least you may do it once a day. Or you may look for some trusted person who will exchange for you on behalf of you who have verified account. As far as I know, withdrawal limits for the verified user are 100 BTC.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
leen1993 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 10:56:22 PM

Why would they flag me if I open a bunch of accounts with different IPs using a VPN? How would they know I'm using a VPN?
Using a VPN doesn't mean you are safe and your IP address isn't traceable. Read this article, Can you be tracked with a VPN?. There is not much VPN provider. So most likely, they have a list or some other way to detect VPN providers. Here is an important part.

The IP addresses of VPN servers aren't difficult to recognize — there are even databases that try to determine whether an IP belongs to a particular provider. When you access a website with a VPN on, it may be able to identify that you're using a VPN using your IP. However, this doesn't mean the website will know the identity of the person behind the IP address — just that they are using a VPN.
It seems although they wouldn't detect who are you but still they are able to know the traffic came from where. In this way, you just risking yourself I think. Binance has withdrawal limits without KYC, you can withdraw 2 BTC per day without verification. So at least you may do it once a day. Or you may look for some trusted person who will exchange for you on behalf of you who have verified account. As far as I know, withdrawal limits for the verified user are 100 BTC.
binance has withdrawal limits for 2 btc in us without kyc ?
RickDeckard
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 11:08:59 PM

binance has withdrawal limits for 2 btc in us without kyc ?
According to the support section over at Binance US :
   Complete Basic Verification: 5,000 USD equivalent in crypto each day.
    Complete Advanced Verification: 1,000,000 USD equivalent in crypto each day.
    Complete Fiat Account Verification: withdraw up to 5,000 USD with ACH or 7,500,000 USD with wire each time.

Without being Binance US, the rules are different (matches with your feedback):
Veritified  account: withdraw 100BTC per 24h

Non-veritified account: withdraw 2BTC per 24h (Start from 2017/8/3 12:00AM, Beijing Time)

The problem that you're trying to run away from (tax and not being able to proof how you got them) is something that you will also deal whenever you finally decide to cash out on your profits. have you tried to ask your local tax office what are they thoughts, or what would you need to declare if you were to proft from BTC selling?

Again, even holding stablecoins, you will eventually have to tax the profit (you would only be "protected" from the ups/downs of BTC value). But then again, if you're a believer, why not.... HODL? Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
HedgeFx

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 08:57:42 AM

Be careful on Binance. They usually freeze account if they have any suspects. So if you open a new account, trade small amount.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: