Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:51:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Coins with GPU Mining and no ASIC Competitors available ?  (Read 173 times)
sigb0y (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 07:12:52 PM

Are there any coins which I can farm with my GPUs (RX580) where there aren’t any ASIC Miner competitors?
Other question, except ETH, what coins are currently worth to be farmed for the next BTC rally?

keep mining or die trying
Gunday_07

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 10:05:17 AM

Asic or no asic, mining difficulty won't be a joke and that doesn't mean your mining will be profitable too, what must be your first priority is how much you are going to earn every 24hrs cycle, if you want quantities of coin in a short period of time look for new altcoins with low difficulty to mine

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 05:34:05 PM

LTC was released to keep ASICS out and a few years later an LTC asic came out. Then ETH was released which had a large DAG because they assumed that it’s difficult and expensive to make an ASIC with such large memory and a few years later an ASIC came out.

Basically if there is money to be made an ASIC will eventually come out. As for which are ASIC free there are variants of ZEC algo for Bitcoin Gold and there is XMR which definitely doesn’t have any ASICS only GPUs and CPUs.
MinerPath

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2021, 10:40:33 PM

Are there any coins which I can farm with my GPUs (RX580) where there aren’t any ASIC Miner competitors?
Other question, except ETH, what coins are currently worth to be farmed for the next BTC rally?

RX580 seems among top ROI GPUs right now:
https://bitcoinminingsoftware2019.com/crypto-mining-earnings-are-through-the-roof/#A_breakdown_from_mining_industry_leaders

and ASICs doesn't seem to make problems to it.

You can use RX580 to mine ETH, EXP, UBQ, GRIN, RVN or BEAM, among others Smiley

When it comes to what coin to mine for the next BTC rally, keep in mind that BTC and ETH already grew 1000% over the last 9 months.

So the rally could be over already(similar to 2017 scenario).

But, if you own any GPUs at the moment, it would be a shame not utilizing them(you can mine coins you think will grow, or exchange to BTC, ETH or USDT to be safer and lock in mining profits).
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 01:00:38 AM

Better to use whattomine.com then a web page that doesnt bother to consider power in roi.  plus a lot of the info on that page is old 2019..is a long time ago in crypto.  And the prices are comical...as if you could touch a 3070 for $570....bwhahhaha....not for a while you wont....
Claudio99

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 07:13:39 AM

Why are you scared of asic? There are few cryptonight algorithms that got rid of asic miners like cryptonight-lite, cryptonight-heavy and randomX, the privacy coin Monero used randomX and no asic mining is allowed

JHORN

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 08:56:06 AM

Monero and few other standalone algorithms like YescriptR16, some are even CPU based only, for example digitalnote and QuazerCoin, the problem is these coins are less profitable, mining Ethereum will give better profits than mining these coins, Monero profits isn't even close to what you can get from mining Ethereum, the most profitable Algorithm right now is still Ethereum

MinerPath

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2021, 12:27:02 PM

Better to use whattomine.com then a web page that doesnt bother to consider power in roi.  plus a lot of the info on that page is old 2019..is a long time ago in crypto.  And the prices are comical...as if you could touch a 3070 for $570....bwhahhaha....not for a while you wont....

Whattomine.com is great and yes, the article from above doesn't count in the electricity price, which should definitely be taken into account.

But, the page itself is up to date(those profits are from yesterday).

And the prices aren't comical- probably depends on where you live but here you can buy NVIDIA RTX 3070 for $800 right now, new and with 3 years of warranty. Have no idea where you got $570...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: