Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:28:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Titan Bitcoin - Unable to register  (Read 119 times)
SonicJLee (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 12:49:48 AM

Hello,

I've been attempting for the past 2 years to register a Titan Bitcoin that my father-in-law purchased several years. I've entered both required confirmation codes and get an error saying that they do not match. In 2019, I got a response from Titan about 6 months after my initial communication and was told that "this coin was in a batch of coins that were purchased by credit card during a period of time when a large number of those purchases were made with stolen card information.  The payments were consequently charged back (Titan Mint's payment was revoked) and returned to cardholder's.  This coin is flagged as being associated with such a chargeback."

My father-in-law never received a chargeback for his purchase. I replied as such (how do you prove a negative?) and still cannot register the Titan bitcoin. I've emailed Titan multiple times since their reply to me in Nov 2020 and have yet to receive a single response. The phone number they have listed with the BBB led to a car warranty company.

Has anyone else experienced this with Titan? Any thoughts on how to proceed to register the coin? Tim Fillmore, can you please help?

Thanks
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 02:38:05 AM

Hello,

I've been attempting for the past 2 years to register a Titan Bitcoin that my father-in-law purchased several years. I've entered both required confirmation codes and get an error saying that they do not match. In 2019, I got a response from Titan about 6 months after my initial communication and was told that "this coin was in a batch of coins that were purchased by credit card during a period of time when a large number of those purchases were made with stolen card information.  The payments were consequently charged back (Titan Mint's payment was revoked) and returned to cardholder's.  This coin is flagged as being associated with such a chargeback."

My father-in-law never received a chargeback for his purchase. I replied as such (how do you prove a negative?) and still cannot register the Titan bitcoin. I've emailed Titan multiple times since their reply to me in Nov 2020 and have yet to receive a single response. The phone number they have listed with the BBB led to a car warranty company.

Has anyone else experienced this with Titan? Any thoughts on how to proceed to register the coin? Tim Fillmore, can you please help?

Thanks

Well it doesn't help that Tim's account has been inactive here since June, but I know a few people who got this resolved so I'll reach out and see if they can help you. Wink  

OTOH - If your father-in-law purchased the coin from a reseller who scammed Tim, you are probably SOL... :|

Do you even know who/how the coin was really purchased from by your father-in-law?

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
SonicJLee (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 04:04:57 AM

owlcatz Thanks for the reply. My father-in-law purchased 2 coins directly from Titan Bitcoin in 2014. For whatever reason, he didn't register the coins at the time. He gave me one coin and gave his brother the other coin in 2019. I've been trying to register the coin that he gave me. His brother has been trying to register the other coin - we are both getting the same error.
SonicJLee (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2021, 04:06:44 PM

Moderator, can you please move this up to the "Trading Discussion" section. I realize that I shouldn't have jumped straight to the "Scam Accusations" section. Thanks.

I still haven't heard back from Titan Bitcoin.
Ecap1977

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 05:04:33 AM

Hello, I’m having the same problem with the difference that I purchased this 15 BTC direct from titan in 2013
I been trying to redeem them for the past year with no success. I get the same message that the codes don’t match.
I paid titan with a wire transfer from my personal account, and I have the 15 coins intact. With their certificates.
And the delivery also original. I have emailed them many times and they answered las t week requesting the coins info. I don’t know what to do anymore. Can someone help me I’m willing to go all the way to the end of this issue since I purchased this coins direct from them.
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 05:18:45 PM

Hello, I’m having the same problem with the difference that I purchased this 15 BTC direct from titan in 2013
I been trying to redeem them for the past year with no success. I get the same message that the codes don’t match.
I paid titan with a wire transfer from my personal account, and I have the 15 coins intact. With their certificates.
And the delivery also original. I have emailed them many times and they answered las t week requesting the coins info. I don’t know what to do anymore. Can someone help me I’m willing to go all the way to the end of this issue since I purchased this coins direct from them.

I would contact them through all these three communication channels (that I am aware of) and hope they respond on one of these.

Contact form: https://www.titanbtc.com/contact/
Email: guardians@titanbitcoin.com
Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=112605 (profile seems to be inactive, but still doesn't hurt to send them a message, in-case they have email notifications enabled)

Hope you get this resolved soon. 15BTC at current price is no small amount.

Very irresponsible and unprofessional of Titan Bitcoin to respond to you once requesting for more info on coins and then leave you on your own for a week. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: