Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 02:52:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Cash ABC (BCHA): Boom or Bust?  (Read 59 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 01:31:05 AM

It's been quite some time since Bitcoin Cash ABC splintered from the original Bitcoin Cash project. The community was against Amaury Sechet's Infrastructure Funding Plan (IFP), leading to the split of both blockchain networks. We now have two versions of Bitcoin Cash. One version is powered by the "Bitcoin Cash Node" client (under the original ticker of "BCH"), while the other version is powered by the "Bitcoin ABC" client (under the ticker of "BCHA"). It's yet the day where BCHA is struggling to get on its feet as a mysterious miner or group of miners are constantly attacking the chain. There's a large discrepancy on the number of new blocks generated on-chain, making the "spinoff" version of Bitcoin Cash ABC entirely useless.

As of now, BCHA is sitting in double digits in price without any signs of going up in price. If this keeps up, BCHA will die while BCH will reign supreme. But in this strange and bizarre world of crypto, anything could happen. Amaury might as well change the coin's PoW algorithm and difficulty adjustment mechanism in order to prevent the attacker from gaining any advantage on the BCHA chain. That is if there's interest in keeping the blockchain network alive.

Do you think Bitcoin Cash ABC (BCHA) will eventually fail? Or will it survive? What will be the future of the original Bitcoin Cash project as new factions continue to harm its reputation in the mainstream world? Will both BCH and BCHA co-exist for the foreseeable future? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Wink

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
TravelMug

Activity: 2674
Merit: 854

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 02:50:47 AM

Probably will remain in crypto space, but I don't think it will have the support or consensus either. Just another altcoins that is going to be here for so long, will be used by pumpers to make more money from those noobs, but that's it.

Same with the original, will remain in the top 10, will enjoy the support in the bull run that we have been started to see and then fall hard once the bubble has been burst.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 05:14:08 PM

Probably will remain in crypto space, but I don't think it will have the support or consensus either. Just another altcoins that is going to be here for so long, will be used by pumpers to make more money from those noobs, but that's it.

Same with the original, will remain in the top 10, will enjoy the support in the bull run that we have been started to see and then fall hard once the bubble has been burst.

The ABC team have been talking about rebranding the coin, in order to help it gain exposure in the mainstream world. Bitcoin Cash ABC is still struggling to get on its feet, so I wonder if it'll be able to last for long. The attacker still has dominance over the BCHA chain, delaying block generation. Between each block, you'll notice that there's a huge discrepancy on the timestamp. A new block is generated every hour (instead of 10 minutes), making BCHA the slowest Bitcoin-based blockchain in the world today. If Amaury Sechet wants his project to succeed, he's going to need to adopt "defense mechanisms" in order to render the attacker's efforts on the chain worthless. Otherwise, most people will look for other alternatives that are much more stable.

Believe me, the IFP (or miner's tax) is a great idea to make the project self-sustainable. I know the BCH community is against this, since miners are into greed more than anything else. But if you look at it the other way, you'll realize that the 8% tax will make the project last for long. This should help advance BCHA's research and development at a fast pace than other blockchain networks. We're going to have to wait and see what happens with BCHA during the course of 2021. If it succeeds, expect it to become a fierce rival against Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV. But if it fails, then Bitcoin Cash (BCH) would've ultimately won the battle. If you held BCH before the Nov 2020 hard fork, then you've got nothing to lose. You can either selling or "hodl" BCHA for the long term as it's "free money" after all. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Kate Wilk

Activity: 172
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 05:39:28 PM

Now we see that BCHA survived the war and shows good results for growth Wink Smiley Cool I think BCHA has a good perspective because the USA may take eCash seriously.
Kate Wilk

Activity: 172
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 29, 2021, 01:02:50 AM

BCHA continues to grow new highs Shocked
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2021, 09:26:04 PM

BCHA continues to grow new highs Shocked

I wouldn't say that. The fact that eCash (formerly known as BCHA) supply is extremely huge, tells us that it'll become nothing but worthless in the long run. I'm surprised to see the eCash team deviating themselves from the original Bitcoin protocol. Scarcity is what has made Bitcoin a success. Without that, I don't see how eCash will obtain massive demand on the market. Inflation is what's going to "kill" it anyways. The project just re-launched around a month ago, so we should give it some time to see its progress. Whenever it's a good or bad investment, that's up to you to decide. With so many altcoins on the market, I think there may be no need for eCash (BCHA) after all. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: