Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:27:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is your social media account private property?  (Read 111 times)
thereader (OP)

Activity: 278
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 10, 2021, 01:39:20 PM
Merited by Vod (1), bitmover (1)

In the light of recent events.

Let's try to think about a world where a social media account will be declared private.

Obviously, in this case, a tax (subscription) on "property" will be introduced. And users will have the right and the power to vote.

What other properties will appear in such an entity as "a social network in which the user's account is private property"?

Subscribe to my Twitter to stay informed.

Discuss the development of your business in our telegram chat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nykka

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 11, 2021, 11:28:18 PM

I think you are planning to create decentralized social network where people could participate in governance and solve platforms future, isn`t it? Moreover, it will be very private and anonimous network. Sounds really interesting, because today there are a lot of problems regarding this. ("Last events", do you mean twitter ban of the last US president?)

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2021, 12:35:26 AM

Obviously, in this case, a tax (subscription) on "property" will be introduced. And users will have the right and the power to vote.

What other properties will appear in such an entity as "a social network in which the user's account is private property"?

That's exactly what my club is doing.  Cryptobutes created from unique properties are owned by the member, and they can give permission and even collect revenue from the usage.   Kind of like I started with BPIP, the key difference being the "B" and the "PI".  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
thereader (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 07:42:37 AM

I think you are planning to create decentralized social network where people could participate in governance and solve platforms future, isn`t it?

I [yet] see no reason to create a new social network. There are a lot of them and it makes no sense to compete with the current players, even in the current conditions with blockages.

I am exploring the possibilities and trying to collect public opinion from various sources (by the way: bazfeed blocked this post of mine and deleted the account).

("Last events", do you mean twitter ban of the last US president?)

Yes. This is what I mean.

thereader (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 07:47:21 AM

That's exactly what my club is doing.  Cryptobutes created from unique properties are owned by the member, and they can give permission and even collect revenue from the usage.   Kind of like I started with BPIP, the key difference being the "B" and the "PI".  Smiley

Found your project (it was immediately after the organization from Indonesia). This is it: https://bpip.org/?

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2021, 04:34:56 PM
Merited by bitmover (2)

Found your project (it was immediately after the organization from Indonesia). This is it: https://bpip.org/?

That's it.  I proved such data is valuable.  I've built a way to transfer that value to the "author" of the cryptobutes.

BPIP is now run by the BPIP team, allowing me to monetize my ideas. 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
TheNineClub

Activity: 616
Merit: 161

View Profile
January 18, 2021, 01:47:23 PM

I would guess the elephant in the room would be data security. If you, in that sense, own something you would have the right to chose who and if your data gets collected and redistributed. You might even want to participate in such events for a price (basically sell your data). The problem with that is how can we really be sure that our data is not being used? I guess you could implement outside agencies to monitor the platform. And paying rent for a property on that network would not automatically constitute having the right to one's intellectual property (and I would argue you can view personal data as intellectual property)

Terrell

Activity: 14
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 08:28:03 PM

Despite these arguments by employees, U.S. federal courts have determined that in some cases, social media accounts are an organization's trade secrets therefore making these accounts their property.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: