Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 11:09:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.com - does anyone else have problems with the exchange?  (Read 83 times)
barcombeboy (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2021, 12:27:44 PM

Hello

I'm seriously worried about the Blockchain.com exchange. Any experience anyone has had with the exchange would be gratefully received.

I've held a wallet at Blockchain.com since 2013. In that time I've tried to have two large cashouts to my UK bank account. Both times they've failed due to issues with the Blockchain.com exchange. This time has been so bad that I am beginning to suspect that the exchange has some fundamental issues. I've tried to engage their support but four days later and my enquiry is still not addressed. Needles to say that in this time BTC has crashed, so in effect the Blockchain.com exchange has lost me quite a bit of money. I am writing here as I can find nowhere else to discuss the issues with the exchange (if anyone can suggest somewhere more appropriate I'm all ears!).

Some time ago Blockchain split their users' wallets into two, creating a low fee 'Trading Wallet'. It is this wallet I used to sell BTC . Although the wallet clearly had sufficient finds any attempt to 'sell' produced the error 'Not enough funds for sale'. I tried multiple times but the result was always the same so I decided to move the funds from my Trading wallet to my original Blockchain wallet. As both have the same ID and Blockchain/.com reported the transfer would take less than an hour I went ahead. Bad decision. Nearly four days later and my funds are still not appearing in either wallet and are 'In Review'. In effect the money seems 'lost'. And needless to say the BTC is worth a lot less now than when I initiated the transfer.

I left two support tickets, one for each issue. Despite Blockchain support saying they always dealt with tickets sequentially (in the order they were submitted) after two days they marked the second ticket as solved without writing anything to the ticket! All that seems to have changed is that now my Trading wallet seems to be marked as 'locked' in my Blockchain app (not reflected when I use the Blockchain web site).

So my current situation is that I can't sell from my Blockchain Trading Wallet and Blockchain.com seem to be holding a good amount of my money 'In review' between my two Blockchain wallets whilst the value of BTC is crashing.

There seems no way to gain any support or redress from Blockchain.com (I've tried every which way to get them to address this) and I am reluctantly beginning to think the exchange is very buggy and/or is run by cowboys who may even have gone rogue.

Any input appreciated... as are any ideas on how I can find others who might be in the same boat.

Thanks for reading.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: