Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:12:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: do i have to update driver?  (Read 79 times)
mrbugera2 (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 11, 2021, 04:13:18 PM

hello guys, i have rx470, rx580 video cards

all of my miners have crimson relive beta drivers,

do i have to update it? because when i have updated to adrenalin version (latest) hashrates dropped to 10..
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ryushin

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2021, 05:31:48 PM

If you are getting good hashrates from the driver there is no need to update, for mining the perfect hashrate is what matters not an updated driver, also make sure you visit the AMD driver settings and activate the compute mode first, you will get better hashrate with compute mode activated

smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 11, 2021, 05:36:15 PM

When a new driver comes out you can look at the description. Maybe it directly has updated mining performance. Or when nothing interesting is mentioned, download it and keep an eye on your rig a bit. It may or may not work as well after the update.

mrbugera2 (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2021, 08:23:35 PM

If you are getting good hashrates from the driver there is no need to update, for mining the perfect hashrate is what matters not an updated driver, also make sure you visit the AMD driver settings and activate the compute mode first, you will get better hashrate with compute mode activated

also another user advised me a compute mode, what does it mean can you show? thanks
waywoos

Activity: 124

View Profile
January 11, 2021, 08:31:58 PM

I still use blockchain drivers.  They work great. They automatically put it in compute mode.
Gunday_07

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 08:09:47 AM

also another user advised me a compute mode, what does it mean can you show? thanks
If you don't know how to activate compute mode it means you are total noob to mining, below is a link to the full tutorial about how to activate compute mode in AMD settings, pretty easy

https://www.kryptex.org/en/articles/amd-compute-mode-en

There are also some AMD drivers that are blockchain/mining friendly out of the box

JHORN

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 08:36:36 AM

do i have to update it? because when i have updated to adrenalin version (latest) hashrates dropped to 10..
The adrenaline drivers are fix for gaming purpose I believe, if you can't active compute mode you won't get better hashrate, use google search to find how to activate compute mode, honestly Nvidia is more easy for anything than AMD, if you aren't tech savvy don't go AMD

safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1620

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 11:30:14 AM

The drivers need to be updated, because when the dag file grows over 4 GB, an error occurs in OpenCL.
This bug has been fixed in versions May 2020 and older.
On old drivers, you will not be able to mine Ethereum on 8GB cards.

mrbugera2 (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 12:39:43 PM

If you don't know how to activate compute mode it means you are total noob to mining, below is a link to the full tutorial about how to activate compute mode in AMD settings, pretty easy

https://www.kryptex.org/en/articles/amd-compute-mode-en

There are also some AMD drivers that are blockchain/mining friendly out of the box

when i started mining i have only blockchain driver crimson relive and worked fine. now i have a problem and want some help, i am a noob or pro it doesn't meter, so keep your advises about me to you.. and if you want to talk about it then text me in personal message and if you want help then help
mrbugera2 (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 12:40:59 PM

The drivers need to be updated, because when the dag file grows over 4 GB, an error occurs in OpenCL.
This bug has been fixed in versions May 2020 and older.
On old drivers, you will not be able to mine Ethereum on 8GB cards.

The adrenaline drivers are fix for gaming purpose I believe, if you can't active compute mode you won't get better hashrate, use google search to find how to activate compute mode, honestly Nvidia is more easy for anything than AMD, if you aren't tech savvy don't go AMD

thank you guys
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: