Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:32:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with BIOS settings on H110M D3A Gigabyte  (Read 117 times)
murgorx (OP)

Activity: 443
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 01:55:58 PM

Hello colleagues,

recently i bought the Gigabyte H110m D3a mobo and last night I assembled all of the rig components, installed Windows and did the settings etc etc and went on to change the BIOS settings of the motherboard, so that I could restart it one more time and have it mining soon.

As I am changing the BIOS settings according to their official site - https://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/462/mining.html

and when I Save & Exit the BIOS and the rig restarts, I notice that I stop seeing any video output from it.

Because I have only a HDMI cable, I haven't done this change :

4. Change “Initial Display Output” setting from “PCIe 1 Slot" to “IGFX” (Peripherals)
because I cannot connect to the motherboard's GPU with the cables I've got at home and trying to do this via the GPU, that is currently installed on the mining rig.

Could you please share, if anyone has had similar experiences? It's getting really frustrating ..

PS. - when I reset the CMOS , the rig starts completely fine and boots to Windows without any hassle..

PS - I noticed that if I only enable "Mining mode" and save & exit - the output goes away too...

How to handle this? I have not updated the BIOS Firmware, since my mainboard is with the second to the latest one, so didn't think its essential.
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 02:03:03 PM

get chip vga monitor if you want monitor ofcourse and use cpu graphic, not good idea using slot1 to monitor because you will get less hashrate or just download hiveos and start mining without windows.
murgorx (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 02:18:04 PM

I am using a very,very old monitor (probably 10+).
The side from the monitor is VGA, but the cable ends with either another VGA or HDMI.
The motherboard doesn't have such socket.. what type of cable do i need to buy in that case? Cheesy

btw - for my other rigs I am using this without any issues... i mean the GPU as primary video source
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 02:26:37 PM

Get a dvi to vga adapter.  Cheap and easy.

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-DVI-VGA-Cable-Adapter/dp/B004I6IYIW/ref=sr_1_8?crid=286YFI84JPBLL&dchild=1&keywords=dvi+to+vga+adapter&qid=1610461546&sprefix=dvi+to+vga%2Caps%2C182&sr=8-8

Then you can use the igpu on the mobo no issue.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1053

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 03:01:31 PM

I have the same motherboard, I haven't even read about bios.
I inserted a USB flash drive with a HIVE OS into my farm and I don't need a video output Smiley
You can use the dvi - vga adapter, but I don't like that when remotely managing the farm, the hashrate drops on one video card.
Therefore, I try not to use windows
murgorx (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 03:31:08 PM

I will go and purchase a vgi to dvi cable, simply because I haven't used HiveOS and don't know how to overclock, update drivers etc on it. Also I looked into it and it seemed really confusing Cheesy
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1053

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 03:42:18 PM

Man, there are probably 1000+ videos on YouTube of how to use HIVE OS and Raven OS.
It is a very user-friendly operating system that saves time and allows you to manage all farms at the same time.
HIVE OS 1 farm is free
Raven OS 3 farms for free.

Try to explore on your own
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2350786.0

murgorx (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 03:54:47 PM

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, FP91G! I will make sure to look at these mining OSses , when I have some spare time. Meanwhile Im just stuck with setting up 2 rigs for the past 2 weeks due to many, many different reasons and I just want to get them up and running, because I am wasting a lot of hashing power atm.
But I will sure do check HIVE OS, as I am constantly hearing people endorsing them Cheesy
I just wanted to know what's up with the motherboard and if that's a bad sign.
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 04:12:10 PM

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, FP91G! I will make sure to look at these mining OSses , when I have some spare time. Meanwhile Im just stuck with setting up 2 rigs for the past 2 weeks due to many, many different reasons and I just want to get them up and running, because I am wasting a lot of hashing power atm.
But I will sure do check HIVE OS, as I am constantly hearing people endorsing them Cheesy
Guy nothing is wrong with your motherboard, go out and get the right equipments for the motherboard to display, is the display cord is wrong how do you expect it to display on screen? Get DVI to VGA cable from any computer store nearby

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
murgorx (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 04:15:30 PM

Guy nothing is wrong with your motherboard, go out and get the right equipments for the motherboard to display, is the display cord is wrong how do you expect it to display on screen? Get DVI to VGA cable from any computer store nearby

Bitbtc8, I understand that I need to get the right cable and I will do that tomorrow. Just wandering why am I having these issues with this motherboard only, but with my others I haven't encountered any of these issues.. That's what made me question here.. Tomorrow i will go to the store and get a VGA to DVI cable, no problemo Smiley
batsonxl

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 08:17:16 PM

The side from the monitor is VGA, but the cable ends with either another VGA or HDMI.
The motherboard doesn't have such socket.. what type of cable do i need to buy in that case? Cheesy

btw - for my other rigs I am using this without any issues... i mean the GPU as primary video source
Then whats your problem? if it is old monitor it MUST have vga input. and h110 d3a has vga output. vga cables tones of them laying around nobody needs them. even crt monitor has vga
murgorx (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2021, 10:08:39 PM

Then whats your problem? if it is old monitor it MUST have vga input. and h110 d3a has vga output. vga cables tones of them laying around nobody needs them. even crt monitor has vga

My question is why I ain't getting any video input, even tho I've specified, that I want my GPU to be the main video controller, not the cpu's vga.
safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1624

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 11:03:55 AM

My question is why I ain't getting any video input, even tho I've specified, that I want my GPU to be the main video controller, not the cpu's vga.
I don't understand what you have been doing for several weeks.
You need another LCD monitor and VGA cable for the test.
Borrow it from a friend or at work for 1 day if you don't have yours.
Unplug all video cards and see if the image is on the new monitor.
If there is no image, then this may be a malfunction of the video core in the processor or the video output on the motherboard.
What processor do you have? Does it have Intel Graphics?

batsonxl

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 06:31:46 PM

Especially for you just tested my rig. i have 2 mobo h110 d3a. i choose pcie slot 1 and gpu which connected to 16x slot giving video. unplugged from vga, connected dvi to vga covertor. working
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: