Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:18:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Bangladeshi Bitcoin Scammer got arrested  (Read 198 times)
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 10:13:56 PM

This is really a stupid one. The guy who has been arrested was involved with criminal activities like hacking credit card and buying bitcoin with them. Now, what's the relation with bitcoin?
Before the bitcoin era, there were still credit card hacker and using them with fiat money.
I can smell the reality. Bangladesh govt is trying to put a negativity on Bitcoin. The reports are being made as per the govt requirement and their hidden agenda against Bitcoin.

It's also quite confusing as the article is calling his wallets/addresses as "accounts" lol. I don't know if they were referring to his bank account or his bitcoin holdings with this quote:
None of the reporters who have reported on bitcoin so far have enough knowledge on bitcoin. I have read one article earlier about this issue. By "accounts" they were referring to bitcoin wallet/address actually. You can't even imagine how poor idea they have about bitcoin. Problem is we can't go public while using bitcoin, we can't directly criticize this or getting involve with this because of the laws. They are misleading people with wrong information.
Last year I had read a book on cryptocurrency written in Bengali, although author did a great job, still there was some mistakes.

Yeah, I've also had a look at a few Bengali articles floating around on the internet, though there are a select few. There are videos on YouTube too, but all of them are full of misinformation and people don't really know what they are talking about. I didn't expect anything more from the author of this article, and sure enough, they think bitcoin addresses as "accounts".

But, I am afraid that this kind of stuff might create a bad name for bitcoin, is the fact that acceptance in countries like where I live, India, might be affected severely due to this. First of all, the media reports nothing more about bitcoin but the scams that have been committed using bitcoin, and portrays bitcoin in a bad way. This will affect adoption, and may lead to banning of bitcoin (though unlikely, but a kind of ban WAS imposed on BTC in India, which was subsequently lifted). So yeah, I think it might be detrimental to adoption of bitcoin in certain states in the long run.

Actually, it is already giving bad image to bitcoin, because of wrong portrayal of the situation.
The media people always wanted to give the impression that bitcoin is somehow used in fraudulent activities.
We can't prevent them from publishing their works because that's where they earn their living.
We just hope that they will be more responsible with their reporting, and be more educated with the situation.
Should not give bias reporting but should just state matter-of-facts, which, a lot of them fail to do so.
Now, it is up to the reader how he look at this situation and how he can educate himself about this kind of topic.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wysi

Activity: 1624
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 10:21:25 PM

This guy deserved to be arrested because he is a scammer and regardless he used Bitcoin or fiat for fraudulent activities doesn't matter because similar scams were ther before the emergence of Bitcoin as well but now media house hot one more reason to portray Bitcoin in negative lights. Honestly it doesn't make sense to blame bitcoin or any other entity when it's used for illegal stuffs because it's the human being who masterminds the scam and use Bitcoin or other stuff as a bait. But this will definitely have a negative effect in Bangladesh and others might look at bitcoin users with suspicion.

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 10:37:55 PM

Not only bitcoin, everything that has a connection with money will be used as a source to scam common people. In such a way this incident has taken place in Bangladesh. Already the country is against the usage of cryptocurrency, often it is used to arrest people who are found using bitcoin. Similar incidents are happening around the world, but only few are getting revealed to the world.
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 10:51:56 PM

It's even better if he bought a car with his scammed money. This will make it much easier to take everything away from him.
If he hid the money it would be more difficult to get it back but a car is registered, you can find it, take it away and sell it.

That man was pretty dumb if the first thing he did after scamming was not to hide, move abroad, but instead buy things that he has to register with the government. These things make you a target for both the authorities and the thieves.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2730
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 11:06:54 PM

That is what exactly happens to a scammer/hacker. I believe not only in Bangladesh but all countries have these cases. It is just to happen that some still free and this person mentioned by OP is so unlucky and gets caught by the authority.
They'll be no escape for them, sooner or later they all be caught and put in jail just in time. As new technology coming and continue to improve, it gives them the hard way to get them, they are also getting smart.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ryker1

Activity: 1918
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 11:14:46 PM

That is what exactly happens to a scammer/hacker. I believe not only in Bangladesh but all countries have these cases. It is just to happen that some still free and this person mentioned by OP is so unlucky and gets caught by the authority.
They'll be no escape for them, sooner or later they all be caught and put in jail just in time. As new technology coming and continue to improve, it gives them the hard way to get them, they are also getting smart.
Well, the good thing is authorities now had an idea on how to bust this kind of cybercrime, so it means they also study how to trace bitcoin transactions so that they can solve a case like this. We had heard a lot of news like this, they keep busting those criminals that think, they will not get caught if they are using bitcoin on their illegal activities. But sometimes this will give a negative impact on bitcoin because people think that bitcoin is a tool to make illegal activities online. Just like my neighborhood before, when I have introduced him to this bitcoin and he said, that is a scam which is I explain to him briefly.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
cryptopediabd

Activity: 154
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 16, 2021, 11:28:24 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2021, 08:33:46 AM by cryptopediabd

Though bitcoin is still irregulated from Bangladesh but we can use it. But recently a biggest scammer gou caught by rab. He is not a legalize bitcoin users. He earns bitcoin Through credit card hacking by scamming with people.  You know the saddest part he bought an audi car recently cost 10Million Bangladeshi Taka almost 100k usd. This news is truely get a bad effect for Bangladeshi bitcoin community.

It's not bad affecting at all. This cause exactly happening with other countries as well. BD country against cryptocurrency. It's now possible that scammer are cunning & changing strategies. He wasn't hacking bitcoin at all, he hacked credit cards so far. It will affect credit card official i think.
GideonGono

Activity: 2002
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2021, 11:36:04 PM

He is a credit card hacker that converts it into crypto not really a Bitcoin scammer for me.
And the way he try to clean the money that he stole isn't really new to us here in crypto we know that money laundering has been around.
I even saw some people who offers that kind of service.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███