Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:59:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Faucy - Cryptocurrency Crowdfunding  (Read 233 times)
kay-cee (OP)

Activity: 45
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 01:27:20 PM

Hello to everyone, I would like to introduce my little project in making. https://www.myfaucy.com

Website is still in progress, I must fill FAQ and other pages, 2 campaigns that are online are just for test to see how it looks.
People can register on the site and start their own campaign and share it with social accounts.
Funds are raised in cryptocurrency and payouts will be possible in crypto, revolut, paypal and other possible methods.

If You have any ideas, questions please comment.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3421

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2021, 02:06:15 PM

If You have any ideas, questions please comment.
IMHO, I don't think there's enough demand for another cryptocurrency crowdfunding platform since other alternative platforms, have little to no campaigns...

I had a quick look and it appears you're not using a unique address for each campaign and I'm sure that's going to lead to a big mess in the future.

What assurance you'll be giving to campaign starters to not run away with their funds?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
January 18, 2021, 07:15:53 PM

I think crowdfunding is not adequate for cryptocurrencies unless a very complex smart contract is implemented to only release payments when certain milestones of the projects are met or if a contract/agreement is made between the parties. Cryptocurrencies do offer a high grade of privacy, but that does mean we should make transactions in a trustless manner. Unfortunately, we do not have the infrastructure to do that yet.

I encourage you for the initiative, but I'm reticent regarding the business model. Also the logo...to say the least it needs some work.
kay-cee (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2021, 08:12:57 PM

Thanks for the response. I am standing behind the project with my business and name, there is a link at the bottom to my business page. I love crypto and its technology and every project I do is crypto based. Unlike other crowdfunding sites I wont be taking percentage on medical, natural disasters funding, maybe just 2% on business and other funding's.
For now all funds go into same address but in the back-end I can see which payment and amount went to which campaign so I can properly distribute.

Website is still in progress, I made this in two nights after there was big earthquake in my Country and I saw on many groups that there were people willing to send funds in crypto.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2021, 12:30:38 AM

there is a link at the bottom to my business page.

The luckydice referral link?

For now all funds go into same address but in the back-end I can see which payment and amount went to which campaign so I can properly distribute.

lol - negative feedback left.  

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
kay-cee (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 12:48:59 AM

You do understand difference between referral link and add? And under project tab is my link.
Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 02:46:03 AM

IMHO, I don't think there's enough demand for another cryptocurrency crowdfunding platform since other alternative platforms, have little to no campaigns...
I never had any good experience with crowdfunding platforms, most are one hit wonder or runaway scams. The reason that there is not enough demand is because you have to sift through all the possible scams, quacks, and frauds to get to a legitimate and good crowdfunded project which in itself is difficult.
I had a quick look and it appears you're not using a unique address for each campaign and I'm sure that's going to lead to a big mess in the future.
That raises some question like why not create a platform that bridges the projects from possible investors? Why go all the way and create only one address from where would-be investors to donate from? Wouldn't it be better if the project has to provide their own address so there is no possibility that the website will take a good chunk of funds? Why not just follow the format of the other existing crowdfunding platform like IndieGoGo, GoFundMe, and Kickstarter?
What assurance you'll be giving to campaign starters to not run away with their funds?
I guess that there will be no assurance because this is the Internet and anything can be a scam or not.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2021, 02:49:24 AM

Wouldn't it be better if the project has to provide their own address so there is no possibility that the website will take a good chunk of funds?

??  The website can take a good chunk of funds no matter what the addresses are.

This is simply a scam.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 03:20:19 AM

Wouldn't it be better if the project has to provide their own address so there is no possibility that the website will take a good chunk of funds?
??  The website can take a good chunk of funds no matter what the addresses are.
This is simply a scam.
I must have mixed my words there, I am sorry. What I mean there is that they should operate like how some crowdfunding platform works. I knew it is a scam as soon as I saw you in the thread replying negative feedbacks.
kay-cee (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 06:42:42 AM

I never had any good experience with crowdfunding platforms, most are one hit wonder or runaway scams. The reason that there is not enough demand is because you have to sift through all the possible scams, quacks, and frauds to get to a legitimate and good crowdfunded project which in itself is difficult.

That raises some question like why not create a platform that bridges the projects from possible investors? Why go all the way and create only one address from where would-be investors to donate from? Wouldn't it be better if the project has to provide their own address so there is no possibility that the website will take a good chunk of funds? Why not just follow the format of the other existing crowdfunding platform like IndieGoGo, GoFundMe, and Kickstarter?

https://www.fininfo.hr/Poduzece/Pregled/obrt-rab-arba-vl-marijan-banic/Detaljno/350560

Unlike every scam based crypto project which are anonymous or false contact, behind my projects I stand with myself and with my business. All my websites are registered to my legal name and address. If I wanted to scam someone then I would also register website anonymously and hide myself from finding.
Website now is working as I have described because plugins that I use are free and don't have much options. Later there will be different addresses for projects.
All these sites take from 4% of funding + small fee for transactions over Stripe or other payment method. I will maybe only charge 2% on business and other funding.

To help You understand how payment plugin works:
there are 2 campaigns each with its name and ID
you give 20 euro in ETH to campaign 2 which is now 0.01836082
in the back-end I can see Your payment(amount, campaign ID...)
same amount I transfer to campaign owner
only cost would be exchanging crypto to local currency and transfer fee

So for start all campaigns have same address which are publicly visible but I can still properly distribute what was given to each campaign.
I know and understand that there are a lot of scams on the internet and with crypto You can anonymously get away with money.
Me, You can find on facebook, linkedin and other social pages with my legal name, I don't have nothing to hide.
If You are still skeptical I don't mind but calling my project scam because I use same address and not knowing the difference between referral link and ad is really entertaining to me.
CCWC

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2021, 10:15:47 PM

Hello, I think you're on to something. You can use smart contracts to make sure no one runs off with the money.
kay-cee (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 10:32:40 PM

Hello, I think you're on to something. You can use smart contracts to make sure no one runs off with the money.

Thanks, that is a good idea, I haven't thought about implanting smart contracts.
I searched and found this one: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-smart-contracts/
"SAFE CROWDFUNDINGS
Mango is a simple crowdfunding campaign that can receive contributions in Ether. The owner can spend the donations only on contributors’ approval."

I will try it and judging by the reviews it's perfect, I will change payment to this one.
CCWC

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2021, 05:58:19 PM

Yes I would definitely find away to implement smart contracts. I could see that being a major issue down the road. Also if possible incorporate a video plug in. Maybe you can have some of the founders for your site do a live Q&A regarding their project.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: