Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:21:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best overclock settings for RX580 8GB  (Read 711 times)
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 25, 2021, 05:40:05 PM

Hi all,
can anyone suggest me (best to do miner) what is the best overclock settings for RX 580 8GB mining.i am using nisehash.

that depend in your memory brand & timing are you used and silicon lottery how far your memory can go, assuming samsung memory with best clock is arround 1070/2100

if you lucky enough 2300 is the max you can get  Grin rarely seen, good luck with experiment

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
Pendrak

Activity: 208
Merit: 46

View Profile
November 25, 2021, 07:22:30 PM

All depends on the model, there is some RX 580 that the heatsink dont touch the memory, those burn fast if you put then working at 2100 2200 mhz memory.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1047

View Profile
November 27, 2021, 02:40:47 PM

Typically, a CO radiator cools the memory of a video card through thermal spacers.
Increasing the frequency over 2000 is not suitable for all memory. Hunix, for example, does not react well to such overclocking, and it is better to flash the BIOS of the video card.
Samsung memory works great with miners that change straps " on the fly".
Akyboy

Activity: 90
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2022, 07:42:30 PM

Hi Guys,

I am running 3x580s on Phoenix miner for a year, but I'd  like to switch to lolminer.

This is what I'm using in Phoenix miner, but whatever I do in lolminer I cannot get good hash rate:

Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

start PhoenixMiner.exe -pool ssl://pool.com:3344 -wal RIG1 -proto 2 -pool2 ssl://pool.com:3344 -wal RIG1 -proto 2 -gt 68 -cclock 1145 -mclock 2200 -cvddc 850 -mvddc 850 -coin eth

I would appreciate if you can help me setup 580s for lolminer or any other newer/current. I have also tried redminer and i simply can't get clocks to work.
digital$

Activity: 287
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 05:12:12 AM

Hi Guys,

I am running 3x580s on Phoenix miner for a year, but I'd  like to switch to lolminer.

This is what I'm using in Phoenix miner, but whatever I do in lolminer I cannot get good hash rate:

Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

start PhoenixMiner.exe -pool ssl://pool.com:3344 -wal RIG1 -proto 2 -pool2 ssl://pool.com:3344 -wal RIG1 -proto 2 -gt 68 -cclock 1145 -mclock 2200 -cvddc 850 -mvddc 850 -coin eth

I would appreciate if you can help me setup 580s for lolminer or any other newer/current. I have also tried redminer and i simply can't get clocks to work.

what OS using?
GEMIN_M4

Activity: 237
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 08:21:58 AM

Even if you have the same GPU brand as your friend it doesn't mean you will get the exact same performance from the GPUs, silicon lottery comes to play at times and also the memory type of the GPUs plays a big role too.

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 01:53:13 PM

Why so many dudes set different voltages for cvddc and mvddc? This 2 running the same voltages, they can´t be different and it doesn´t matter if you set one to 850 and the other to 875 - it will run both voltages everytime with the higher one.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 09, 2022, 03:46:40 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2022, 04:11:03 PM by FP91G

Hi Guys,

what OS using?

Cap, I'll assume it's Windows Smiley
Why so many dudes set different voltages for cvddc and mvddc? This 2 running the same voltages, they can´t be different and it doesn´t matter if you set one to 850 and the other to 875 - it will run both voltages everytime with the higher one.
Probably old templates are used to configure these video cards for Windows. I haven't used this for a long time.
There is already a lot of information about these video cards on the Internet and mclock 2200 does not work stably on many video cards, because this is a big overclock
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: