Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:12:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Solar and batteries 24/7  (Read 306 times)
CashbackLover (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 11:48:19 AM

Are there real people on here that are mining Ethereum using solar panels and battery backup? I haven't seen anyone on here talking about this and there are tons of videos on youtube about people mining 24/7 with sunlight and battery back ups

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JeotQ

Activity: 406
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 02:10:45 PM

Green energy is better than any but the cost is very high, this is only suitable for someone who wants to build mining rigs for hobby sake because to get back your ROI is going to take longer than ever but if the solar serve other purposes ( home use) then it's a good investment

smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 04:19:15 PM

One of my homes has 10kw solar capability and the maximum power that the home uses is around 3kw (usually 1kw) at a time.

Now, thanks to living in Northern-Europe, the panels give meaningful energy only during spring to early autumn. But any energy not used (approximately 8-9kw) is "sold back" to the grid.

Because I have a high energy surplus it basically means that I use solar from spring to autumn and from autumn to spring I don't have to pay for any electricity (I'm using the surplus that I "sold" back to grid). Also, the government pays you for providing renewable energy (around 0.013eur/kWh).

So yeah, when you already have solar capability, mining using it could be done.

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 04:55:50 PM

Are there real people on here that are mining Ethereum using solar panels and battery backup? I haven't seen anyone on here talking about this and there are tons of videos on youtube about people mining 24/7 with sunlight and battery back ups
I don't know how you need to have batteries for this system to supply 5 kilowatt farms with electricity all night.
Everything depends on tariffs, but those who use the "green tariff" usually pay a lot more if they are using electricity from the grid.
And the important point is that stores do not even have powerful power supplies, not just video cards.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Furryball

Activity: 490
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 06:15:13 PM

It depends on what you are trying to run, assuming you plan on mining with a single gpu, for example a rx5700xt you will need to get 800 watts of solar setup, rx5700xt only draws 130 watt and with the whole motherboard, 250watts can be drawn, the rest energy will be buffer, meaning you can charge your batteries and still keep mining. You will need four 200ah batteries  if you plan on mining with the solar 24/7, the cost is high but worth it if you have the money

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Phoenix_PROG

Activity: 224
Merit: 28

View Profile
January 19, 2021, 06:57:55 PM

Solar mining only makes sense if you are from a sunny country and also there is problem with your electricity, I consider solar and batteries because our electricity isn't stable, so to meet up with daily earnings I have to provide a 24hours electricity back up
Longhorn901

Activity: 72
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 09:41:00 PM

I'm working on a system that requires minimal battery, just enough to get through a short cloudy period, otherwise it shuts down until the sun comes back out. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305481.0

Visit Tribe Crypto on Discord! https://discord.gg/BzSeuGs/
digital$

Activity: 287
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 11:28:49 PM

have a Yamaha generator as backup for when grid power goes down(which is quite often) can i use this for 2 rigs?  generator engine spec is 5000 to 5500 Watts AC / (6Kva) (25 Amps) 220V / 50Hz singled phase

1st rig - 10 x RX5700
2nd rig - 8 x 3060ti  

looked @invertor generators but expensive where i live Cry  
FireBallex

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 11:38:04 AM

I'm working on a system that requires minimal battery, just enough to get through a short cloudy period, otherwise it shuts down until the sun comes back out. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5305481.0
Of cos it will shut down, antminer L3+ consumes up to 1200 watts, that's way too much for your battery back up, you can only get away with that in a shiny sunny days only, to mine 24 hrs with battery backups you will need 10 pieces of 200AH batteries lol

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
FireBallex

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 11:40:40 AM

have a Yamaha generator as backup for when grid power goes down(which is quite often) can i use this for 2 rigs?  generator engine spec is 5000 to 5500 Watts AC / (6Kva) (25 Amps) 220V / 50Hz singled phase

1st rig - 10 x RX5700
2nd rig - 8 x 3060ti  

looked @invertor generators but expensive where i live Cry  

That's gasoline generator I guess? It doesn't make sense mate because of expenses, it's better to stick with electricity only and consider a solar panels to use the sun to mine in sunny days instead of generators

Longhorn901

Activity: 72
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 04:03:50 PM

Of cos it will shut down, antminer L3+ consumes up to 1200 watts, that's way too much for your battery back up, you can only get away with that in a shiny sunny days only, to mine 24 hrs with battery backups you will need 10 pieces of 200AH batteries lol

LOL, you're missing the point of my project...

Visit Tribe Crypto on Discord! https://discord.gg/BzSeuGs/
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 22, 2021, 06:51:39 AM

Yes there are people like myself mining on solar, the problem is you will be spending much money on the solar equipments, I went for a all in one power solution, I will drop a image below and it's 2400watt solar inverter, it has inbuilt lithium ion batteries which are better than lead acids batteries and deep cycle batteries, I only use 2 gpu on the inverter and it lasted me for 12 hours

You can use solar panels to recharge or electricity to recharge too, way convenient than buying separate charge controller and separate inverter

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
January 22, 2021, 07:15:59 AM

Yes there are people like myself mining on solar, the problem is you will be spending much money on the solar equipments, I went for a all in one power solution, I will drop a image below and it's 2400watt solar inverter, it has inbuilt lithium ion batteries which are better than lead acids batteries and deep cycle batteries, I only use 2 gpu on the inverter and it lasted me for 12 hours

You can use solar panels to recharge or electricity to recharge too, way convenient than buying separate charge controller and separate inverter
I'm betting this solar/inverter generator will cost as much as 1600$ or more, it sure make things easier but buying batteries and other parts will lower your cost, I can buy 4 pieces of 200ah batteries and cheap 2000 watt inverter, charge controller and panels with that 1600$, meaning I will get more battery backup that will last more than 12hours, let's do the math

4x 200ah batteries = 9600 watts, since you can't drain more than 50% power you are left with 4800watts at your disposal, that's enough for 300watt gpu mining, assuming you are using two gtx1660 super with motherboard, you will get 16 hours of mining off the batteries alone

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Maxstl007

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 22, 2021, 07:24:05 AM

I'm betting this solar/inverter generator will cost as much as 1600$ or more, it sure make things easier but buying batteries and other parts will lower your cost, I can buy 4 pieces of 200ah batteries and cheap 2000 watt inverter, charge controller and panels with that 1600$, meaning I will get more battery backup that will last more than 12hours, let's do the math

4x 200ah batteries = 9600 watts, since you can't drain more than 50% power you are left with 4800watts at your disposal, that's enough for 300watt gpu mining, assuming you are using two gtx1660 super with motherboard, you will get 16 hours of mining off the batteries alone
Wow this is interesting, all this reminds me how I survived through some hardship with a single gtx1050ti, I got a used battery from a friend and I buy a battery charger too, I don't use solar panel but electricity to charge the battery just in case we have no electricity power cos electricity isn't stable in my country, the used battery always lasted me for 17 hours with a gtx1050ti since it draws only 70watts, really great experience
Gunday_07

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2021, 09:40:44 AM

I don't know how strong this inverter generator is but buying separate inverter, batteries and other are better, you want to know why? I'm ready to share, if any problem happens to this solar generator of yours you won't be able to fix, if battery gets weaker you can't change to another, it will even cost more because it's using lithium ion battery, I will go with the normal solar rigs than this

Inkdull

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2021, 10:10:08 AM

Electricity is far more cheaper in my country than having to build solar to mine coins, I'm confused how people are going to make back what they spend on the entire solar build with batteries when they still have to make back their invested money on graphics cards, the ROI will be longer

Greatdev

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
January 22, 2021, 12:26:52 PM

Could be fun if you have the money to build the solar, getting energy from the sun is very good but return of investment wise it's not so good because it will take years to recover all the money you spent on the solar and mining rig all together

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: