Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:51:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Developers are not your slaves  (Read 2669 times)
cryptopaths (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:08:24 AM

I often see things around here demonizing developers and the like for making money off the work they do. Honestly I find that attitude this community has about developers completely idiotic. Developers, coders etc. have priceless skills in the progression of cryptography and people expect them to give everything away for free. And when they here a developer is making some money off their own work they scream scam, centralization etc. Note I'm completely against centralization but most people around here don't seem to understand what centralization is. Developers are not your slaves stop thinking your entitled to profit off their work and their not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:11:35 AM

69.5 BTC

cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:12:59 AM

69.5 BTC

1st off why are you righting in massive red caps? And 2nd images haven't been loading on this site properly so all I see is massive red 69.5 btc you're coming off as an idiot.
vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:15:40 AM

It's a joke, in reference to something that has happened all to often of late in this alt coin community, IPO scams. I don't disagree with your statements, for the most part. Of course devs are entitled to make some profit off their work. Anyone who doesn't believe so really IS an idiot.

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 05:19:15 AM

If what they have delivered is good (assuming they are creating a coin) they can mine too to have profit. They can ask donations. And hell they are the first that know about the coin and have it ready to mine it. Isnt that enough? After all first days of mining is really easy to have a big portion of the coin...

cryptopaths (OP)

Crypto Knight

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:20:58 AM

It's a joke, in reference to something that has happened all to often of late in this alt coin community, IPO scams. I don't disagree with your statements, for the most part. Of course devs are entitled to make some profit off their work. Anyone who doesn't believe so really IS an idiot.

Sorry if I came off as a douche bag and I've actually noticed lately that people haven't been posting as much IPO's
degel_x

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:30:58 AM

I'm agree that they are not our slaves I'm a informatics engennier too , i think there are 2 basic ponts

first: when we start to talk about the "team" of developers not of "the" developer is a step foward
second: Profesional ethics , if i had a coin to maintain i would do it because i love the coin and i believe in it

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Mortimer452

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:33:54 AM

I agree 100%.  You want a successful coin with a dedicated dev team they need to make a few bucks off their idea and work.  Miners/traders constantly screaming about any type of profit for the devs just turns them away.
blueangel01

Activity: 406

Hello! Send me a message.

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:31:27 AM

if the dev is smart i am pretty sure they know what they should do. Otherwise, follow the stackcoin with their IPO model.

Msg me if you want me to put anything here.
nogoodcoin

Activity: 370

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:40:15 PM

you are right, but the dev should look after their coins like their babies.
some devs are really bad, premine-dump-gone.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
hashnine

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:44:31 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 12:57:16 PM by hashnine

You know my friends.... peoples sucks since the 2000's, they are liar, narcissist, arrogant, ect, ect....

Man, i advise you one thing: To work like all our gouvernements work, f*ck them all the peoples who cry and defame at the same time.

The good guys need to realise about how the Peoples are the Evil and not the Illuminati or the Freemasonry who are right guys, who work for the respect of each humans. Peoples destroy our planet, they disrespect their own bro, ect, ecct, peoples are killing the world.

Peoples are the Evil, and now you know it my friends. You really need to realise.

Careful XC anonymous coin is a scam
Jr.peng

Activity: 155

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 12:55:04 PM

I often see things around here demonizing developers and the like for making money off the work they do. Honestly I find that attitude this community has about developers completely idiotic. Developers, coders etc. have priceless skills in the progression of cryptography and people expect them to give everything away for free. And when they here a developer is making some money off their own work they scream scam, centralization etc. Note I'm completely against centralization but most people around here don't seem to understand what centralization is. Developers are not your slaves stop thinking your entitled to profit off their work and their not.

+   Grin
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:25:50 PM

Moral of the story, devs need incentive to progress and lead currency to better places. Everyone wins then.
wulagui

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:39:45 PM

I agree.

Good Work.

GET 100K FREE NBC.8399556404097461232
TheSmurfsCoin.Tgne4H9vvVDgTPiEu9AKFzHCm9S2WW7Qa1
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 02:40:40 PM

someone should make a 50% premine devcoin with airdrop to free all the dev from the oppression of bad temper users  Grin

Must admit, it isn't easy everyday when you have to deal with angry users (getting angry sometimes for no reason...), trolls etc...

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
shai_

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:48:54 PM

the least a developer can do, is to honestly let the community know he doesn't care about the coin anymore. or won't be actively working on it
so other miners/investors will find ways to fix the coin (diff. algo and stuff) when needed.. without waiting for the 'DEV' to return
I also complain about the developers who 'dump' the coin community and just let it die. after months investors and miners find themselves with only silly promises
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:51:49 PM

99% of the peoples launching coins are not actual developers. they are copy paste guys or coingen customers.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
LeFiste

Activity: 157

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:00:02 PM

99% of the peoples launching coins are not actual developers. they are copy paste guys or coingen customers.

+100

BTCspoon

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:06:59 PM

First, most of the "Devs" are not "devs", just blatant copycat, "copy paste coders" and scammers. 2 minutes work doesn't deserve and worth anything. Real devs with real cryptography skills represent 1% at best in the Alt scene, and yes that 1% deserve to make a load of money (they do, they earned it).

Second, no one ask "Devs" to do anything, it's their own choice, but if they do make a coin, i consider normal that those who invest time, money, and resources in it, have their questions and concerns answered (not what i call slavery...).

A dev can make some money, only if a community follow him anyway.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: