Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:37:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tradecoin - An idea to combat copycat coins  (Read 501 times)
malty (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:20:29 AM

I’m new to digital currencies but, after looking in to it, there seems to be a big problem with the dilution of “copycat” coins and day trading. I have an idea to create a coin that combines speculation and gambling, to take away the trade volume from the copycat coins and let them die.

The idea for Tradecoin is to create a coin and an exclusive exchange. The exchange, which would only handle Tradecoin-Bitcoin trades would introduce gambling to the coin trade by arbitrarily subtracting a fee of 1%-10% from the sale (the amount chosen at random) and attributing it to either the buyer or seller, also at random. The exchange would not earn fees – the buyer or seller would each get a chance to earn a small or big fee on every single trade.

I think a coin like this could take volume away from all these silly coins and let the few coins with real promise rise to the top, as investors hold for them for the long term.

I’m not a coder and have no idea if this is even feasible but, if at all possible, I would like to see it happen. Rampant speculation on scam coins won’t go away unless we offer something more immediately profitable to the get-rich-quick traders.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: