Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:39:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer E3 Ethereum Classic Patch Mine ETC again on the Antminer E3  (Read 424 times)
Gorosden

Activity: 518
Merit: 30

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 10:38:26 AM

Can you explain what exactly this patched is capable of? I believe people can mine ETC with Antminer E3 If they want with no patch since ETC is using same algorithm with Ethereum, Ethash I suppose and now things have even gotten better for ETC miners because 3gb memory is allowed

ETH runs dagger hashimoto
ETC runs modified dagger hashimoto.

Yea right but if Ethereum classic algorithm is already modified to allow low VRAM miners what other patch is OP trying to talk about? If you still get a antminer E3 today you can definitely mine ETC with it, or 😒 is OP trying to fool people not knowing that people already know about ETC patch?

Show me 1 E3 you can get today the mines ETH or ETC none of the current firmware allow it.

I am offended that you say I am trying to fool people I am Chipless a developer of many Bitmain and other Mods available for Bitmain, Whatsmners, and other Models. Ask around about Chipless Mods
Hi chipless, don't take people's comments so personal because many have been scammed before, people who don't know you will find it difficult to trust you, since you have been in modding business for some time now I guessing you should have a platform or website already? If yes can you drop a link ? Creating awareness can get your name out there

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chipless (OP)

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 05:46:10 PM

Wait a minute? So the ETC developers changed the algo to prevent E3 from mining on it and all it took was a firmware patch to get them going again? Pretty bad coming from the ETC devs part in my opinion. Congrats on actually being able to achieve this. At first I saw the thread and assumed you are some newbie trying to scam a few people but you seem to have some merits.

My advice is you try and contact that VoskCoin guy, he has a Youtube channel and he might make a review about your patch if you give it to him for free. He has a big audience there and his videos are entertaining to watch. He might have an E3 laying around his place somewhere to test it out on.

The ETC developers changed the algo to get more hashrate in to the network, to prevent 51% attacks.

Thanks chipless for the patch.

Welcome.... So far everyone using it is very happy

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 05:47:42 PM

Can you explain what exactly this patched is capable of? I believe people can mine ETC with Antminer E3 If they want with no patch since ETC is using same algorithm with Ethereum, Ethash I suppose and now things have even gotten better for ETC miners because 3gb memory is allowed

ETH runs dagger hashimoto
ETC runs modified dagger hashimoto.

Yea right but if Ethereum classic algorithm is already modified to allow low VRAM miners what other patch is OP trying to talk about? If you still get a antminer E3 today you can definitely mine ETC with it, or 😒 is OP trying to fool people not knowing that people already know about ETC patch?

Show me 1 E3 you can get today the mines ETH or ETC none of the current firmware allow it.

I am offended that you say I am trying to fool people I am Chipless a developer of many Bitmain and other Mods available for Bitmain, Whatsmners, and other Models. Ask around about Chipless Mods
Hi chipless, don't take people's comments so personal because many have been scammed before, people who don't know you will find it difficult to trust you, since you have been in modding business for some time now I guessing you should have a platform or website already? If yes can you drop a link ? Creating awareness can get your name out there

I do everything on Discord here is a invite link for everyone     https://discord.gg/8cgtBcE

Mr.merson

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 07:34:45 PM

Naive question here, this can be considered very bad news for those who mine with 4GB gpu?
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 08:53:01 PM

Naive question here, this can be considered very bad news for those who mine with 4GB gpu?

No because the E3 is limited to 4gb also so for a while all should be good.

The reviving of the E3 assures there wont be a 51% takeover at least for now

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: