Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:04:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer E3 Ethereum Classic Patch Mine ETC again on the Antminer E3  (Read 418 times)
chipless (OP)

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 07:47:36 AM

The Antminer E3 ETC Firmware Patch is now available for purchase starting at $40 per miner. Contact me for purchase info.

Start Mining Ethereum Classic again on Your Antminer E3

Join me on my Discord Channel for faster reply time.    https://discord.gg/eRGd5ZymRy

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Antminer E3 output 180mhs with electricity draw of 800watts, it won't matter even if it's patched, that 800watts will drain 99% of your profits and you will be mining at great loss unless you have free electricity and I believe there is no such thing as free electricity

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 07:57:38 AM

Antminer E3 output 180mhs with electricity draw of 800watts, it won't matter even if it's patched, that 800watts will drain 99% of your profits and you will be mining at great loss unless you have free electricity and I believe there is no such thing as free electricity

Not everyone pays high power rates

I have 3 here running and they run 197-210mh each @ 768-779 watts each depending on the power rate you pay they are profitable.

Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 08:01:06 AM

I have 3 here running and they run 197-210mh each @ 768-779 watts each depending on the power rate you pay they are profitable.
If you don't mind can you tell me which country you are from and how much you paying for electricity at kwh ? I'm just curious because 768 is too high I believe, also ETC algorithm is already patched to support 4gb or 3gb VRAM miners

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 08:07:30 AM

If you don't mind can you tell me which country you are from and how much you paying for electricity at kwh ? I'm just curious because 768 is too high I believe, also ETC algorithm is already patched to support 4gb or 3gb VRAM miners

I am in the US I pay 7.8 cents a kw.  The point is the E3 was a dead horse basically and now it can mine again and if you have cheap electric then it is for you if not the no skin off my ass. Just like all the other firmware I have put out if you need it then it is available if not then cool.

Rowenta

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 08:50:35 AM

Can you explain what exactly this patched is capable of? I believe people can mine ETC with Antminer E3 If they want with no patch since ETC is using same algorithm with Ethereum, Ethash I suppose and now things have even gotten better for ETC miners because 3gb memory is allowed

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Eco_111

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 09:30:43 AM

Some countries like US are paying less amount of money for electricity for real but I don't dare try mining with 800w in my own country, in fact it's better to mine with solar power and battery backups, this antminer E3 is obsolete completely, there is no need to keep mining with this rig
KaratX

Activity: 252
Merit: 29

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 11:42:35 AM

I am in the US I pay 7.8 cents a kw.  The point is the E3 was a dead horse basically and now it can mine again and if you have cheap electric then it is for you if not the no skin off my ass. Just like all the other firmware I have put out if you need it then it is available if not then cool.
Antminer E3 never stopped mining sir, the difference is it's mining at loss since it's obsolete and not Profitable anymore, what is your patch trying to offer here? It it's good enough people can patronize you, I'm sure many have these old miners laying around, sold mine months ago already

miner29

Activity: 1262
Merit: 138

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 02:36:01 PM

Can you explain what exactly this patched is capable of? I believe people can mine ETC with Antminer E3 If they want with no patch since ETC is using same algorithm with Ethereum, Ethash I suppose and now things have even gotten better for ETC miners because 3gb memory is allowed

ETH runs dagger hashimoto
ETC runs modified dagger hashimoto.

Furryball

Activity: 490
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 03:37:12 PM

Yea right but if Ethereum classic algorithm is already modified to allow low VRAM miners what other patch is OP trying to talk about? If you still get a antminer E3 today you can definitely mine ETC with it, or 😒 is OP trying to fool people not knowing that people already know about ETC patch?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 07:18:45 PM

If you need the mod it is available if not then why post some of the comments. ETC hasnt been mined on a E3 in a long time now. The E3 was bacically dead and can now be used. Power rates vary for person to person. Just like any other mods I distribute if its for you good if not thats ok too. I dont care about GPU mining or whatever because the people who own a E3 are ASIC miners not GPU miners

chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 07:20:17 PM

The patch allows the E3 to mine ETC again which it hasnt able to in a year or more

chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 07:24:33 PM

Antminer E3 never stopped mining sir, the difference is it's mining at loss since it's obsolete and not Profitable anymore, what is your patch trying to offer here? It it's good enough people can patronize you, I'm sure many have these old miners laying around, sold mine months ago already

The E3 stopped mining ETC about a yr ago and stopped mining ETH in December last year. So I am not sure where you got your information from. I have been a firmware developer for a long time now and have many mods out. So this one is a good breaktrhu for the E3 for some to keep mining. 3 machines here make 140-150 profit after electric on etc. The 3 are making 10 dollars a day and use 2330 watts

chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 07:28:07 PM

Yea right but if Ethereum classic algorithm is already modified to allow low VRAM miners what other patch is OP trying to talk about? If you still get a antminer E3 today you can definitely mine ETC with it, or 😒 is OP trying to fool people not knowing that people already know about ETC patch?

Show me 1 E3 you can get today the mines ETH or ETC none of the current firmware allow it.

I am offended that you say I am trying to fool people I am Chipless a developer of many Bitmain and other Mods available for Bitmain, Whatsmners, and other Models. Ask around about Chipless Mods

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 04:52:43 AM

Wait a minute? So the ETC developers changed the algo to prevent E3 from mining on it and all it took was a firmware patch to get them going again? Pretty bad coming from the ETC devs part in my opinion. Congrats on actually being able to achieve this. At first I saw the thread and assumed you are some newbie trying to scam a few people but you seem to have some merits.

My advice is you try and contact that VoskCoin guy, he has a Youtube channel and he might make a review about your patch if you give it to him for free. He has a big audience there and his videos are entertaining to watch. He might have an E3 laying around his place somewhere to test it out on.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 07:11:42 AM

For the calculation, I take the price of electricity at $ 0.04 per kilowatt. This is the price of electricity in my city (Russia)
With the firmware, this ASIC will give $ 3 profit per day.
Getting $ 3 profit from 0.8 kilowatt seems to me not the best idea, and if you pay more for electricity, then it is not interesting for business.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 07:38:21 AM

For the calculation, I take the price of electricity at $ 0.04 per kilowatt. This is the price of electricity in my city (Russia)
Getting $ 3 profit from 0.8 kilowatt seems to me not the best idea, and if you pay more for electricity, then it is not interesting for business.

In 24 hours on 3 machines I made $13.58 total is all prices are good each month 3 should make about 135-150 profit @ .12 kw.

So if you have a large number of them sitting around that is a decent profit a month.

The must be a lot of the E3's in Russia that has been the biggest country the mod is being bought at the moment.

chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 07:41:42 AM

Wait a minute? So the ETC developers changed the algo to prevent E3 from mining on it and all it took was a firmware patch to get them going again? Pretty bad coming from the ETC devs part in my opinion. Congrats on actually being able to achieve this. At first I saw the thread and assumed you are some newbie trying to scam a few people but you seem to have some merits.

My advice is you try and contact that VoskCoin guy, he has a Youtube channel and he might make a review about your patch if you give it to him for free. He has a big audience there and his videos are entertaining to watch. He might have an E3 laying around his place somewhere to test it out on.

I have low participation on the forum because I moved everything to Discord. Much easier to communicate and offer support

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 07:47:56 AM

In 24 hours on 3 machines I made $11.98 total is all prices are good each month 3 should make about 135-150 profit @ .12 kw.

So if you have a large number of them sitting around that is a decent profit a month.

The must be a lot of the E3's in Russia that has been the biggest country the mod is being bought at the moment.
Now one RX 5600XT video card gives 90-100 dollars of profit per month, with a consumption of 100 watts Smiley
The main problem is that no one knows how long this holiday of generosity will last.
Now it is profitable to mine even on Antminer S7-S9 if they exist, but I think you should not buy them for mining.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 10:04:52 AM

The ETC developers changed the algo to get more hashrate in to the network, to prevent 51% attacks.

Thanks chipless for the patch.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: