Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:52:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 🏈 Quick Analysis: Patrick Mahomes' Impact on AFC Championship & Super Bowl Odds  (Read 56 times)
Cloudbet (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1110

Cloudbet | Best Bitcoin Gambling Site Since 2013

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2021, 08:20:03 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2021, 09:58:32 AM by Cloudbet

Ahead of the Conference Championship games this weekend, all eyes are on the recovery of Chief’s star QB Patrick Mahomes who, for the time being, is still languishing under the NFL’s concussion protocol.

While stand-in QB Chad Henne did an admirable job getting the Chiefs over the line against the Browns, the betting markets will move on a Mahomes decision.

Ahead of the Divisional playoff round, Cloudbet was offering Super Bowl LV winner odds on the Chiefs as favourites at 2.86/+186, with Green Bay behind them at 5.07/+407. With Mahomes in question ahead of the Bills game, current odds are showing that has switched, with the Packers now favoured at 2.94/+194 and Kansas at 3.06/+206.

But before we get to the Super Bowl, bettors may find value in the AFC Championship game itself. Current main line odds put the Chiefs at -3 2.00/+100 and the Bulls at +3 1.85/-117, but if Mahomes is cleared to play, expect them to shift to a six point spread.    

There could be value in placing a bet now if you reckon Mahomes will be good to go, and if you think he’ll be able to play to his full potential.

Or maybe the Chiefs will assume that, yeah, Hennething is possible - and place their faith in their backup once more, allowing Mahomes to step up in the big game?

Be sure to check out the Cloudbet Blog for our NFL coverage. We’ll be posting the Conference playoff preview soon, but in the meantime take a look at our posts on the Divisional round and the Wild Card weekend.

Team Cloudbet

▄▄███████▄▄
            ▄███████████████▄
           ███████████████████
          █████████████████████▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄████████████████████████████▄
   ▄█████ ▐▌ ██████████████████████████▄
 ▄█████       ▀█         █          ████▄
▐███████  ███  ▐█  ██▀█▄▄█▄▄██  ██▄▄█████
████████       ██     ████████  █████████
████████  ███  ▐█  ██▄█▀▀█████  ████████▀
 ██████       ▄█         ███      █████▀
  ▀██████ ▐▌ ████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀
.CLOUDBTCET
ESTABLISHED 2013
       ▄▄▀▀▀██████▄
   ▄
██████▀▀███████▀▀▄
 ▄█[/color]█████▀▄███████████▄▀▄
 ▄█ ███████████████ ████▄▄
▄██████████████████▌▐█████▄
███████████████████████████
▀▄████████▄▄▄▀▀▀████████▀▄
██████████████████████████
▀████ ████████████████████▀
 ▀████ █████████▀▄████ ██▀
  ▀████▄▀█████▀▀▄█████▌▐▀
▄███▀▄██████▄▄████▀▀▄▄▀███▄
▀██████
▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████▀
   ▀▀▀███████████████▀▀▀
[/size][/url]
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 11:34:21 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2021, 10:07:07 PM by Hydrogen

I wish the best for Mahomes and would love to see him make a quick recovery. He's a talented athlete and one of the most exciting players to watch in NFL atm.

On the flip side, his 2020/2021 season could be over.

There are doctors who recommend no contact for 3 months after sustaining a concussion. Its been claimed having a concussion makes the brain more susceptible to sustaining further injury. There are boxers and MMA fighters who return to action too quickly after being KO'ed who are sometimes never the same. Not allowing the brain to heal properly can have significant long term effects.

On the positive side there is hope of psilocybin triggering the growth of new brain cells to replace damaged ones.

Study: Psilocybin Mushrooms Stimulate Growth Of New Brain Cells

http://reset.me/study/study-psilocybin-mushrooms-stimulate-growth-of-new-brain-cells/

It could eventually become a de facto treatment for NFL players and combat sports athletes who suffer from conditions like CTE.
alegotardo
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1151

☢️ alegotardo™️

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 12:33:33 PM

Why do you believe that?
I still don't quite understand what knocked out Mahomes since he didn't even hit his head on the floor.

As a precautionary measure, I don't think he will be on the pitch in the next game. However, I hope to see him playing the next matches.
But, in any case, Chad Henne is working hard to try to fill that position left by Mahomes

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 10:14:41 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2021, 10:55:38 PM by Hydrogen

Why do you believe that?
I still don't quite understand what knocked out Mahomes since he didn't even hit his head on the floor.

As a precautionary measure, I don't think he will be on the pitch in the next game. However, I hope to see him playing the next matches.
But, in any case, Chad Henne is working hard to try to fill that position left by Mahomes

The reason the NFL cracked down on contact to the head and neck regions. They've had trouble securing health insurance due to head trauma and brain injuries players have been sustaining.

Report: NFL No Longer Has General Liability Insurance Covering Head Trauma

ESPN reports the league is dealing with "an evaporating insurance market that is fundamentally altering the economics of the sport, squeezing and even killing off programs faced with higher costs and a scarcity of available coverage." Multiple sources told ESPN that the NFL no longer has general liability insurance covering head trauma.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/17/nfl-no-more-general-liability-insurance-covering-head-trauma

They could take the safe road with Mahomes and keep him on the sidelines to ensure his health.

I would guess they'll do a catscan before the game. The results will determine whether or not he plays. Maybe a catscan will reveal minimal brain swelling and injury and Mahomes will be cleared to play.

Many NFL players in the past would still be on the field taking hits with concussions, which could have made things much worse.
alegotardo
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1151

☢️ alegotardo™️

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 11:25:11 AM

Well... Mahomes played, and played very well, as he always did.

Last Sunday the Kansas City Chiefs won the Buffalo Bills and secured their spot in the Super Bowl LV.
I didn't watch the game, but I saw the best moments and it seems to me that Mahomes entered the game very well and did his part with many races and scrambles that helped your team win the game.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███