Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:17:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Total hash rate through bitcoin?  (Read 3638 times)
xanadu (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 04:33:09 AM

I have several machines all connected to one local machine that is running bitcoin in -server mode.

Other than adding up all of the individual machines is there a way for me to see the real-time (heck, even historical?) aggregated hash rate going through the bitcoin server?

Thanks,
-X
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TurdHurdur

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 04:47:24 AM

Your request makes me want to modify the script in my signature to do that, hah.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 04:38:24 PM

I have several machines all connected to one local machine that is running bitcoin in -server mode.

Other than adding up all of the individual machines is there a way for me to see the real-time (heck, even historical?) aggregated hash rate going through the bitcoin server?

Thanks,
-X
What OS are these machines running on?

If it's *nix, one solution might be to install munin-node on all the miners, then cobble together a quick munin plug-in that "stacked" the hash rates together, like the (entropy) example here.

If it's Windows, munin might still be an option... but I've never tried it.

Edit: forgot to say: munin would give you semi-real-time data. The finest grained data is every five minutes, but it uses a round-robin database to store data up to 12 months. You end up with nice graphs for today, this week, this month and this year. And, as a bonus, you could even configure it to email you if one of the miners goes down.

This space intentionally left blank.
xanadu (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2011, 04:30:35 AM

What OS are these machines running on?
All of these machines are running Win 7 x64 Ultimate

I've been playing around with the guiminer program, it will show the statistics on any one machine for every local instance running as well as a total aggregate Hhash/s rate, so the data is available somewhere!

I just need to figure out how to access the data over the network for multiple machines and then I can setup a script to poll each machine remotely and display it all in one place for me.

Does the bitcoin client (running in -server mode) keep any statistical data at all?  If so, where?

Thanks for the leads!
-X
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: