Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:54:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: antminer factory software install help!  (Read 81 times)
marksds (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2021, 10:34:00 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2021, 10:51:21 PM by frodocooper

Hello Bitcoin Forum!

I'm pretty new to this, and recently bought a antminer s9. It was working fine for weeks, and even now all the lights on the boards are working fine. However i upgraded the software to brains os+ by web ui - flashed it and all of that. since that time it keeps crashing or turning off, based on the webpage the hash rate starts going down.

Im wondering if their is anyway to return the firmware back to factory settings aka the one that came pre installed and if anyone can give me a detailed guide potentially? ive looked everywhere and have been unsuccessful, but i assume it'll involve a sd card with one of the software batches on it.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2974

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2021, 11:36:26 PM

You can revert it back to the factory firmware just use the SD card firmware for t9+ I don't recommend you to use the latest control board recover from Bitmain I never tested them that made only for Antminer s9.

You can follow the guide on how to flash the control board with SD card below.
- https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019493654-S9-series-S9-S9i-S9j-S9-Hydro-Control-Board-Program-Recovery

This won't work on cyclone/c5 control boards.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 6405

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 02:20:45 AM

Im wondering if their is anyway to return the firmware back to factory settings aka the one that came pre installed and if anyone can give me a detailed guide potentially? ive looked everywhere and have been unsuccessful, but i assume it'll involve a sd card with one of the software batches on it.

The Sdcard will flash the recovery firmware, not the firmware which the miner came with, it's impossible to know which firmware the miner had before you flashed it now that you flashed it, only you or the person you bought it from could know.

Every batch comes with a different firmware version, so you can't know which is which, what you can do, however, is select one from the list here https://service.bitmain.com/support/download?product=Antminer%20S9 , you want to avoid every firmware from 2019-08-19   onward if you want SSH enabled and if you plan on migrating at later times.

Keep in mind that the Sdcard recover files will most likely install an old firmware with no Asicboost enabled.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████