Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:33:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH 1660ti Mobile version 6GB vram getting bad hashrate  (Read 332 times)
JoeBobJr (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2021, 10:23:25 PM

you overclocked the shit out of the memory for the gpu.

set it lower try 200 not 899

the memory is too hot and it is throttling the eth hashrate.

No matter what I set the memory too it still gets terrible hash rates.

At default stock gpu clock and memory 200 it gets 13-14 mh/s

Changing the memory clock or the gpu clock hardly changes anything mining eth.
JoeBobJr (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2021, 10:35:33 PM

Do a quick test with hiveos (from usb), it is well known that some cards are affected by performance loss due to progressive size of the ethereum dag file (Windows only).

I tested it on HiveOS and no change still 13-14 Mh/s
JoeBobJr (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 01:26:04 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2021, 01:45:29 AM by JoeBobJr

I have had 2 people on reddit on a thread I started say they are getting 25 Mh/s with stock settings on this exact same card in their laptops so I'm flabbergasted as to why mine is a dud on eth. lol

I have completely given up I just can't figure out why. At first I thought the miners were only seeing 4GB of my memory and pretty much classifying my card as obsolete but that can't be right because it loads the entire dag file before it will start mining it even says it in the miner so it definitely sees the 6gb of memory. I thought it was a windows issue so I tried HiveOS today after about 5 hours of trying to get it working I finally got it to mine to find out it ran at 13.5 mh/s which was even slower than windows I've hit around 15 mh/s on windows 10 t-rex and phoenix.

I'm just out of options to try. I checked the bios but there is literally nothing you can change in a bios on laptops they don't come with the massive amount of options like a desktop has. It only has very basic things you can turn on and off like legacy support, etc. There are no settings for memory, gpu, or any of that so bios is not the issue.

OS is not the issue. Mining software is not the issue. Overclocking or underclocking is not the issue.

I want to think that my card is actually not a 1660ti and it's a 1650 or something smaller and labeled as a 1660ti and that's why the hash rate on eth isn't good but it meets the hashrates of CFX Octopus and many other coins that I have tried to mine so far. Most of them it out does the hastrates that whattomine, nicehash, and other sites say. So if it was labeled in correctly it would actually be shitty hashrates for everything.

On another note at least I am making around $2 a day on CFX so it's not as if I am desperate to mine eth. I just seen a problem and when I seen a problem I like to try and solve it so just mostly out of curiosity. It surely is driving me nuts. I should call out Vanilla Ice on that "if you got a problem yo I'll solve it". I think it's time for him to pay up. lol
Inkdull

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 09:57:15 AM

Not so many use laptop to mine so the answers will be limited, the problem might not actually be a problem, it might just be how the card tends to run Ethash Algorithm, you should take heart and keep mining Octopus algorithm if you want

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
guitrein

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 11:35:59 AM

I have had 2 people on reddit on a thread I started say they are getting 25 Mh/s with stock settings on this exact same card in their laptops so I'm flabbergasted as to why mine is a dud on eth. lol

I have completely given up I just can't figure out why. At first I thought the miners were only seeing 4GB of my memory and pretty much classifying my card as obsolete but that can't be right because it loads the entire dag file before it will start mining it even says it in the miner so it definitely sees the 6gb of memory. I thought it was a windows issue so I tried HiveOS today after about 5 hours of trying to get it working I finally got it to mine to find out it ran at 13.5 mh/s which was even slower than windows I've hit around 15 mh/s on windows 10 t-rex and phoenix.

I'm just out of options to try. I checked the bios but there is literally nothing you can change in a bios on laptops they don't come with the massive amount of options like a desktop has. It only has very basic things you can turn on and off like legacy support, etc. There are no settings for memory, gpu, or any of that so bios is not the issue.

OS is not the issue. Mining software is not the issue. Overclocking or underclocking is not the issue.

I want to think that my card is actually not a 1660ti and it's a 1650 or something smaller and labeled as a 1660ti and that's why the hash rate on eth isn't good but it meets the hashrates of CFX Octopus and many other coins that I have tried to mine so far. Most of them it out does the hastrates that whattomine, nicehash, and other sites say. So if it was labeled in correctly it would actually be shitty hashrates for everything.

On another note at least I am making around $2 a day on CFX so it's not as if I am desperate to mine eth. I just seen a problem and when I seen a problem I like to try and solve it so just mostly out of curiosity. It surely is driving me nuts. I should call out Vanilla Ice on that "if you got a problem yo I'll solve it". I think it's time for him to pay up. lol

do you know the laptop brand of these two people you heard?

When it comes to the laptop, it doesn't just matter the make and model of the video card, but the whole set. Dell is famous for Thermal Throttling, for example.

I don't know if you can solve this problem
JoeBobJr (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 06:00:45 PM

do you know the laptop brand of these two people you heard?

When it comes to the laptop, it doesn't just matter the make and model of the video card, but the whole set. Dell is famous for Thermal Throttling, for example.

I don't know if you can solve this problem

one of them said his was a Lenovo Legion Y7000 and the other didn't list the laptop he only said he was mining on a 1660ti mobile also. It could just be HP since this is an HP Omen 15 that is limited it or something. I doubt I can fix it either because I've tried everything suggested and even things no one suggested. I've been researching and trying things for about a week and half to two weeks with no better results than when I started.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: