Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:05:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to swap WIP[TRC10] token to TRX?  (Read 407 times)
OgahTerkenal (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 05:27:51 PM

I recently received WIP TRC10 token (I know it from here) on my TronLink wallet.
It said, the token can be swapped with TRX by visiting this website (swap page).
I keep clicking on the swap button but nothing happen.
I search about swap, results says that swap are done through smart contracts.
Continue searching about smart contracts, results say it require Tron energy.
I have energy around 11k, but still I can't swap even a single token.

Does anybody here have the same problem?

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 05:35:50 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2021, 05:56:39 AM by Bttzed03

Try the following:
1. Log in to your Tron link wallet
2. Connect your wallet to the WIP.exchange. Your balance will most likely reflect once your wallet is connected
3. Click "Swap"
4. Follow the rest of the instruction that may pop up from the wallet.

Again, make sure you have TRX in your wallet.

edit: read scam accusations about this exchange in succeeding comments.
OgahTerkenal (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 06:15:03 PM

Thank you, for replying.

1. I have connect my Chrome plugins TronLink wallet
2. Yes, it have reflected the balance of WIP token I have
3. I click "Swap", nothing happened
4. No pop-up of instruction or anything

All my TRXs are frozen, does it count? or it doesn't?
cryptodonis

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 09:47:16 PM

I'm not so sure about this token/project. They airdropped these WIP tokens according to their website "randomly to investors". I received 111 of them. Their site only has a small box setup for swaps kinda like on Uniswap etc. with the only pair available being their WIP Tokens to TRX and it shows an exchange rate of 33 or 34 iirc. So my 111 tokens would supposedly be worth 3400 TRX there abouts...however when I hit swap and pull-up the box in TronLink Pro to enter password that shows the TX fee it is showing my fee at 1,979 TRX!?! Crazy. Either way what would be this projects incentive to just airdrop tons of these and then pay out tens of thousands of free TRX?
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
January 24, 2021, 10:06:43 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2021, 10:24:23 AM by cheezcarls

Try the following:
2. Connect your wallet to the WIP.exchange. Your balance will most likely reflect once your wallet is connected
3. Click "Swap"

I have received WIP as TRC10 token. However, I get the chance to look at this case:

Source link: https://community.trustwallet.com/t/beware-of-these-scam-coins/98766

Let this be a warning for those who have received these tokens but eventually might end up falling to a new scam scheme.

I have never connected my wallet in their exchange.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Yugocean

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 24, 2021, 03:09:40 PM

Try the following:
3. Click "Swap"

I have received WIP as TRC10 token. However, I get the chance to look at this case:

Source link: https://community.trustwallet.com/t/beware-of-these-scam-coins/98766

Let this be a warning for those who have received these tokens but eventually might end up falling to a new scam scheme.

Thanks for this, however I checked that it mention AAVE among the scam coins, however AAVE is above $240 in coin market.
I too have few WIP tokens, and I don't know what to do with them, how they are in our wallet? I find in other place that there are only 24 WIP holders and just 5000 WIP.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
January 24, 2021, 04:45:14 PM

Try the following:
3. Click "Swap"

Thanks for this, however I checked that it mention AAVE among the scam coins, however AAVE is above $240 in coin market.
I too have few WIP tokens, and I don't know what to do with them, how they are in our wallet? I find in other place that there are only 24 WIP holders and just 5000 WIP.

Same question. I didn't remember they have an airdrop recently (correct me if I'm wrong) nor even joining ever. Maybe because of the sizes of our wallets? The more our holdings are in ETH, etc., the more they give us WIP tokens. Just my opinion.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
cryptodonis

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 02:46:05 AM

I'm not sure where you got that info but if you pull up both the address that sent you the WIP as well as the contract address for WIP in Tronscan you'll see that the owner created something like a trillion WIP tokens and there are pages and pages of transactions sent to wallets.

For those asking how it got there etc. this is somewhat common with Tron Wallets, TRCXX tokens. If you use your Tron wallet semi-regularly especially executing smart contracts with tokens you'll end up with random drops of this token or that in an effort to either promote their project or in this case *likely* to attempt to scam you.

Try the following:
3. Click "Swap"

OgahTerkenal (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 03:15:26 AM

many thanks for what you have share in this topics, I'm curious do we have a list of scam coins (big and small scam)?

I'm not so sure about this token/project. They airdropped these WIP tokens according to their website "randomly to investors". I received 111 of them. Their site only has a small box setup for swaps kinda like on Uniswap etc. with the only pair available being their WIP Tokens to TRX and it shows an exchange rate of 33 or 34 iirc. So my 111 tokens would supposedly be worth 3400 TRX there abouts...however when I hit swap and pull-up the box in TronLink Pro to enter password that shows the TX fee it is showing my fee at 1,979 TRX!?! Crazy. Either way what would be this projects incentive to just airdrop tons of these and then pay out tens of thousands of free TRX?
yes, it is crazy! because it is a scam.
I received another token named AVO and checked out their website, turned out the swap functionality of those websites are the same, they will ask 80% of your total TRX in your wallet.
And now there's another KIO token without any information I could search.
Beforemember

Activity: 151
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 11:42:13 AM

I think TRC10 can't swap automaticly like TRC20
TRC10 only tradeable on the centralized exchenge
Like PHT token TRC10 can't swap at justswap but can be sell at probit
Too many TRC10 token scammer
-NYG
-AAVE
-WIP
-and more scam token

CRYPTOV8 ◄◄◄◄ Bringing banking to blockchain►►►► (https://www.cryptov8.com/)
Yugocean

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 10:21:02 AM

I think TRC10 can't swap automaticly like TRC20
TRC10 only tradeable on the centralized exchenge
Like PHT token TRC10 can't swap at justswap but can be sell at probit
Too many TRC10 token scammer
-NYG
-AAVE
-WIP
-and more scam token
Perhaps there is long list of those scam tokens, I have few TRX10 tokens and was thinking to swap if there is any chance. Now should we just keep them?
Blockchayne

Activity: 294
Merit: 43

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 08:37:21 PM

Try the following:
3. Click "Swap"

Man @BTTZed03 you of all should know better. There is no way in hell you have BTT right in your username and yet you did not see this wip exchange and immediately identify it as a scam.  Bullsh**  You would almost have to have known it is/was a scam and yet you still gave him instructions on how to connect his wallet and execute the fraudulent contract. In case anyone is new to this, BTT stands for BitTorrent which is owned by Tron foundation and is a token deployed on the Tron network.

Other Bitcointalk members should be checking into your previous comments which there are an extensive number of them to see if you are guilty of this type of behavior elsewhere. I am absolutely certain that you knew this as a scam, it’s blatantly obvious.

Also the moderator should edit your comments or put some disclaimer because you are giving instructions on exactly the steps to take in order to become the next victim of these Tron smart contract scammers.  

That is a threat to him but also anyone else that may be searching for this on Google DuckDuckGo Bing and sees this thread.  
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 05:48:48 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2021, 06:17:30 AM by Bttzed03
Merited by Blockchayne (1)

~
Man @BTTZed03 you of all should know better. There is no way in hell you have BTT right in your username and yet you did not see this wip exchange and immediately identify it as a scam.  Bullsh**  You would almost have to have known it is/was a scam and yet you still gave him instructions on how to connect his wallet and execute the fraudulent contract. In case anyone is new to this, BTT stands for BitTorrent which is owned by Tron foundation and is a token deployed on the Tron network.

Other Bitcointalk members should be checking into your previous comments which there are an extensive number of them to see if you are guilty of this type of behavior elsewhere. I am absolutely certain that you knew this as a scam, it’s blatantly obvious.

Also the moderator should edit your comments or put some disclaimer because you are giving instructions on exactly the steps to take in order to become the next victim of these Tron smart contract scammers.

That is a threat to him but also anyone else that may be searching for this on Google DuckDuckGo Bing and sees this thread.
My username was derived from the forum. BTT was used as an abbreviation of Bitcointalk. To my knowledge, I created my account even before BitTorrent existed.

About the scam, I am not aware of any accusation against them. I don't frequent the scam accusation board to check what has been reported there. I never swapped on exchanges based on Tron and when I opened the WIP exchange, I saw it as something similar to Uniswap and Sushiswap. So I thought process of claiming and connecting wallet should work the same and shared the instruction.

Feel free to report my comment and the OP to the moderators. They can lock this thread and even delete my comment if they agree with you.
Blockchayne

Activity: 294
Merit: 43

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 06:01:12 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2021, 06:11:42 PM by Blockchayne

~
Man @BTTZed03 you of all should know better. There is no way in hell you have BTT right in your username and yet you did not see this wip exchange and immediately identify it as a scam.  Bullsh**  You would almost have to have known it is/was a scam and yet you still gave him instructions on how to connect his wallet and execute the fraudulent contract. In case anyone is new to this, BTT stands for BitTorrent which is owned by Tron foundation and is a token deployed on the Tron network.

My username was derived from the forum. BTT was used as an abbreviation of Bitcointalk. To my knowledge, I created my account even before BitTorrent existed.

About the scam, I am not aware of any accusation against them. I don't frequent the scam accusation board to check what has been reported there. I never swapped on exchanges based on Tron and when I opened the WIP exchange, I saw it as something similar to Uniswap and Sushiswap. So I thought process of claiming and connecting wallet should work the same and shared the instruction.

Feel free to report my comment and the OP to the moderators. They can lock this thread and even delete my comment if they agree with you.

I actually realized this yesterday but hadn’t had a chance to follow up. But My previous comment and harsh words towards BTTZed03 were misguided. The fact is that Bttzed03’s account was created in 2017 which was over 1 year before BitTorrent released the token on Tron. I apologize for the condemnation of him.   I got a little emotional when I read your instructions showing this user how to exchange his wip tokens for TRX (which is a malicious smart contract meant to siphon the users funds rather than exchange). At that point I was not thinking logically and rushed to judgement elsewhere. I stand corrected. Sorry for that.  But my intentions were in the best interests of the community nonetheless.  🙌

To be clear: Wip Exchange is a confirmed SCAM! The request it sends to the wallet costs 80% of the TRX balance in the wallet and it does not return any TRX to the wallet. It’s deducts funds basically but gives the impression that it will be exchanging WIP for TRX. There are trillions of WIP tokens and they have no use other than to lure Airdrop recipients into attempting this exchange only have 80% of their TRX drained.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: