Bitcoin Forum
August 09, 2024, 08:20:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking Expertise: Flare gas mining farm setup and operations  (Read 87 times)
CrtklMthd (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2021, 04:37:49 PM

I am a petroleum engineer starting a bitcoin mining operation using associated gas, or (would be) flare gas, to power the datacenter. Courtesy of my background in the oilfield, I have all the facility details worked out - but expect to encounter considerable difficulty on the mining side (everything from the generator outlet to producing bitcoin). The operation will be in Texas, so there will be high ambient temperatures and dust, just to start. Additionally, I expect the variable power supply due to fluctuating gas supply rate to be an issue. I also need the most durable (definition needed) miners out there, as the rigs will oftentimes be in remote locations where easy access for repairs will be an issue.

I have some experience with small-scale mining, but from what I've gathered large-scale mining is a whole different animal.

I plan on using 225kW or 350 kW natural gas generators - so roughly 140 ant miner S9s. I have located an outfitter in Canada that builds containers for housing the miners. Miner efficiency is not a huge concern as power itself will be cheap, and only indirectly relevant via generator cost/output.

Though this is a fairly new and quickly growing niche in the mining industry, I haven't been able to find much on the technicalities associated with this type of mining operation.

Anyone out there that can offer guidance or point me to other blogs would be much appreciated - and the opportunity for hire as a consultant/contractor, or even partner, is definitely available. After spending some time reading blogs on this forum, I am confident a very profitable and mutually beneficial relationship can be found!!

Thanks in advance.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3107

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2021, 02:43:16 AM

and the opportunity for hire as a consultant/contractor, or even partner, is definitely available. After spending some time reading blogs on this forum, I am confident a very profitable and mutually beneficial relationship can be found!!

Are you willing to prove your engineering certifications?

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
polypusx

Activity: 208
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 05:12:17 AM

pm me your contact
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: