Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:45:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized Gold?  (Read 100 times)
Bttzed03 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 11:55:34 AM

Type defi.io in your browser and see where it redirects you  Grin

I can't stop launghing when I read about it and tried it myself. Is that the real goldbug's website? They caught up to the DeFi hype and wants to take a piece of the pie?  Roll Eyes
Mauser

Activity: 1806
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 02:20:41 PM

I can't stop launghing when I read about it and tried it myself. Is that the real goldbug's website? They caught up to the DeFi hype and wants to take a piece of the pie?  Roll Eyes

It actually takes me to the Goldmansachs website. Yeah it seems to be the official one. But why do you mean decentralized Gold? It's just a bank that saved the adress, not a gold broker.
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
January 24, 2021, 08:31:49 AM

They caught up to the DeFi hype and wants to take a piece of the pie?  Roll Eyes

It looks to me that a random guy purchased a domain and redirects to Goldman Sachs as joke or a way of whispered advertising (you would not made this thread without it Smiley )
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3235

View Profile
January 24, 2021, 07:08:14 PM

Somebody is squatting on that address and redirecting it to Goldman Sachs as a marketing ploy.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
January 24, 2021, 11:59:32 PM

Why DeFi gold?

Why not digital gold. Where precious metal assets can be held in trust and spent as digital currency?

That would address storage and transportation issues of precious metals. As well as address difficulty associated with converting them to fiat and convenience issues related to spending.

Gold is great. But it can evolve and be innovated further in ways that appeal to younger generations.
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 02:47:26 AM

LOL

It's redirecting me to https://www.goldmansachs.com/. It looks like Goldman is trying to exploit the hype. I'm sure that at least a small percentage of the visitors doesn't have any idea what DeFi is and are catching the bite Cheesy

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 07:05:44 AM

Nice catch.

Did Goldman Sachs just bought the domain and redirects it to their own or someone did it for them who owns the domain on his own? This is funny but there might be a reason for this.

But why do you mean decentralized Gold? It's just a bank that saved the adress, not a gold broker.
It's just his assumption.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 04:32:54 PM

Decentralized Gold?

Gold is decentralised. There is nothing centralized about it. A gold coin I have is totally usable independently. It have all traits needed. A lot of things in life are decentralised. What used to be centralised are databases. Blockcahin decentralised them.
Bttzed03 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 05:10:48 PM

~
It looks to me that a random guy purchased a domain and redirects to Goldman Sachs as joke or a way of whispered advertising (you would not made this thread without it Smiley )
Definitely not advertising that company  Grin

Did Goldman Sachs just bought the domain and redirects it to their own or someone did it for them who owns the domain on his own? This is funny but there might be a reason for this.
I'm more inclined to believe that someone is trolling that company. It's hard to imagine that a known business entity have to resort to such advertising method but who knows? Maybe they've become desperate.

I think it's just right to lock the thread now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: