Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:39:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Press any key to continue... Problem  (Read 209 times)
SoundsSimple (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 05:31:27 PM

Running lolMiner 1.19/1.20 on my pc just for fun, I've been running it for about a week now with no issues. Yesterday the Miner repeatedly stops.

The messaged displayed is "Press any key to continue..." after running for about 30-60 seconds

I've tried turning off my antivirus, updating both my GPU and CPU drivers, making sure my computer temperatures are good. I cannot figure out any solutions or found any on the internet.

GPU is GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

Any help would be appreciated.
miner29

Activity: 1266
Merit: 140

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 06:56:18 PM

There is no 1.20....that was malware posted not by lol dev but by spme newly created random user trying to infect people with malware.  I would purge that entire system...and i hope you dont have any crypto wallets on it. 

Current version lolminer is 1.19
SoundsSimple (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 07:30:08 PM

Done, nothing was affected (wallets). Any ideas why the 1.19 stops mining with "Press any key to continue..."?
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 07:35:36 PM

Done, nothing was affected (wallets). Any ideas why the 1.19 stops mining with "Press any key to continue..."?

Use T-Rex miner for you nvidia card. It is better, for AMD you can use lolminer or teamredminer.

And without any information, it is hard to help:

OS, driver, algo, coin, commandline.

But i think you tried the wrong lolminer version and now you have a virus on your computer.
SoundsSimple (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 08:15:03 PM

Driver: Unsure
Algo:ETHash
Coin: ETH
Command Line: Unsure

Again new, so I apologize for leaving information that may be able to help you help me.

As for the lolminer, got it directly off Lolliedieb/releases on github, was released yesterday and was the same place I downloaded v1.19, the link I got directly from ethermine.org. Why I assumed it was safe. For the time being i just created a :loop in the .bat file so when it stops it restarts.
miner29

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 08:27:01 PM

Driver: Unsure
Algo:ETHash
Coin: ETH
Command Line: Unsure

Again new, so I apologize for leaving information that may be able to help you help me.

As for the lolminer, got it directly off Lolliedieb/releases on github, was released yesterday and was the same place I downloaded v1.19, the link I got directly from ethermine.org. Why I assumed it was safe. For the time being i just created a :loop in the .bat file so when it stops it restarts.

As long as you got it from the offical github its good....

https://github.com/Lolliedieb/lolMiner-releases/releases/tag/1.20

But we do have some malware posters dropping releases that dont exist or go elsewhere then the offical github.  Doesnt help the lol doesnt update the version in title or 1st page...but lately the devs have been slammed with updating. 

Now back to the problem. 

Open a command window....and cd to the directory woth the miner.  Then advise what command line you sre putting in.  Because it appears something is not executing properly and dumping you out.  The black terminal window does the press any key to continue...and i suspect thst when you hit any key the terminal window closes.  Now we just gotta figure out what wrong in the command line or config file.

Are you just double clickng the lolminer exe file from the gui?
mrbugera2

Activity: 85
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 09:08:43 PM

Running lolMiner 1.19/1.20 on my pc just for fun, I've been running it for about a week now with no issues. Yesterday the Miner repeatedly stops.

The messaged displayed is "Press any key to continue..." after running for about 30-60 seconds

I've tried turning off my antivirus, updating both my GPU and CPU drivers, making sure my computer temperatures are good. I cannot figure out any solutions or found any on the internet.

GPU is GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

Any help would be appreciated.

there also can be a error code or something.. can you make a screen
SoundsSimple (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2021, 09:55:21 PM

I'm double clicking the "mine_eth.bat" file to mine. Opening lolMiner.exe just opens and closes a black command screen. I haven't touched the .bat file aside from the editable section for users, then also adding the loop at the bottom.
miner29

View Profile
January 24, 2021, 12:42:09 AM

I'm double clicking the "mine_eth.bat" file to mine. Opening lolMiner.exe just opens and closes a black command screen. I haven't touched the .bat file aside from the editable section for users, then also adding the loop at the bottom.

Again..open the command window (black screen) and manually run the bat file.  Thisway the terminal window wontust close on you.

Maybe see if there is any information being provided.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1056

View Profile
January 24, 2021, 02:08:47 PM

Try using a different miner. If the problem is solved, then you have a problem with the miner.
I advise you to increase the Windows swap file up to 8 GB for 1 video card.

You can write in bat. file command  - pause.
Then the window will not close and you can read what is written there.

Setsero

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 08:09:11 PM

I have a similar issue.

Started mining not too long ago, on lolminer v1.17. Last weekend my miner stopped on "Press any key to continue..." when I do it just crashes.. Thought I might need a newer version so I downloaded 1.2 and 1.19 and same issue. Downloaded T-rex Miner, same issue. If I remove the -pause it just crashes and won't prompt to press key.

I'm running a 1660s. avg temp is 55 C. Tried removing overclock, giving more power, but nothing. will run for about a min and crash.

Any ideas?
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 08:29:00 PM

Looks like your windows updated successfully Smiley
roll back windows and turn off everything update security all.install drivers will work again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: