Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:28:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: who controls the bitcoin price?  (Read 1564 times)
KyoRider

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 03:09:20 PM

Neither of this IMO but you can also consider bitcoin whales since they are also a buyer and seller on this market

Its the buyers and sellers who are controlling the price, Cryptocurrency market is just like the stock market..
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 03:12:36 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2021, 03:23:05 PM by imstillthebest

my picks will be bitcoin whales , banks , wall street and crypto exchanges .
 i didnt pick crypto influencer because they are just influencers and we cant say that they invest bigger than what i picked earlier but for the hedge funds , im not sure of its meaning .
 i dont know if its like an institution too or something ? bitcoin whale(s) is the number one that controlls the market but a bitcoin whale can also be anything as long as he she or they has a verry huge number of bitcoins on their pouch.
Coinsfera
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

Buy Bitcoin in Dubai | Buy Bitcoin in Istanbul

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2021, 03:23:59 PM

well, i been thinking for a while about who actually controls the bitcoin price.
among the following below, which one do you think has the major influence regarding the bitcoin price?

i. bitcoin whales
ii. the banks
iii. wall street
iv. hedge funds
v. crypto exchanges
vi. crypto influencers
The process happens like that; bitcoin whales get the information from statements of banks, wall street, hedge funds, and crypto exchanges and convert it to the market action. If they see that BTC will do better then they buy BTC and vice versa. Crypto influencers usually encourage individual buyers to buy Bitcoin. Individuals have money but cannot decide what to do. Influencers are here to inspire them to invest in Bitcoin. The major one I think is whales that have a significant amount of BTC.

coinsfera.com

Buy Bitcoin in Dubai | Buy Bitcoin in Istanbul | Buy Bitcoin in Kosovo | Buy Bitcoin in London
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 03:30:05 PM

No one has full control, but someone can manipulate the orice specially those who has big volume of holdings. They could make the price suddenly drop. This big holders are the whales, might be a syndicate that want to take advantage of the current run. Their manipulation Might affect the price but for only short term. They still can fully control it.

Although your thoughts are unclear to me, because manipulation is just the same with control but I still got your point.

Yes, still they can manipulate the price, therefore they can control the market.

I know that there are also a lot of factors that can affect the price of bitcoin such as the volume, demand, cost of mining and etc.

Hoping that we can somehow adapt and adjust on what to do to make bitcoin investment profitable.
Indever

Activity: 24
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 03:35:53 PM

In my opinion, the market for Bitcoin is controlled by the demand for Bitcoin. When the demand for Bitcoin increases, its price goes up.  And when the demand decreases, the price of Bitcoin goes down.  You may understand what I mean. I do not believe that any third party or person can control the price of Bitcoin.
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 03:48:00 PM

In my knowledge, I think whales are one of the most influential when it comes to bitcoin's price manipulation. We are all aware how large their holdings are and we know too how much it could affect bitcoin's price. As time passes by too, the number of whales are growing which I think could be detrimental as huge blocks of bitcoin stays in one place for being held for too long. I am not that certain about this thought so I hope you can enlighten me if what I'm saying is wrong.
menoiazei

Activity: 368
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 05:07:00 PM

Supply Demand and how much of it is circulating around just like any other currency!

Cause is not before and effect is not after
dimonstration

Activity: 2632
Merit: 696

Dimon69

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 05:11:07 PM

In my knowledge, I think whales are one of the most influential when it comes to bitcoin's price manipulation. We are all aware how large their holdings are and we know too how much it could affect bitcoin's price. As time passes by too, the number of whales are growing which I think could be detrimental as huge blocks of bitcoin stays in one place for being held for too long. I am not that certain about this thought so I hope you can enlighten me if what I'm saying is wrong.
This year institutional companies were taking over the BTC, the good thing about knowing these institutional companies name we were able to be updated on what they are up too, and being the few first top companies to join in crypto it's quite sure that they will sure to wait until many goes in and that's the only time maybe they can withdraw their investment. Just be updated on their news can help us monitor the price unlike with unknown whale sbefore that they're too many that we don't know when they will start to manipulate the market.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
pinggoki

Activity: 1512
Merit: 418

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 05:19:38 PM

The one who are controlling the bitcoin price are those people who holds so much bitcoin just like for example the whales. The whales are the ones who can manipulate the market anytime they want because they are the holders of so much bitcoin. If they want to dump the market they will just sell their bitcoins and also if they want to pump the price of bitcoin they will just buy so many of them, in short, they are also the buyers and sellers of this market.
louiicypher

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 05:24:48 PM

Have a read of this it gives you a solid overview for beginners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfHMrgewSHI

sheenshane
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1228

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2021, 05:27:44 PM

In my opinion, the market for Bitcoin is controlled by the demand for Bitcoin. When the demand for Bitcoin increases, its price goes up.  And when the demand decreases, the price of Bitcoin goes down.  You may understand what I mean. I do not believe that any third party or person can control the price of Bitcoin.
It should be like this.

More supply, less demand = the price goes down.
More demand, less supply = the price goes up.

IMO, no one controls the price, the price in the market is just very volatile.  Since Bitcoin is limited in circulation supply, the demand will follow the level of inflation and the reason the price will moving every now and then.

The whales or those big players who invested in Bitcoin and who have held a large amount of Bitcoin will have an effect that's not too much, it's severely happened.
Momoamzad

Activity: 1022
Merit: 100

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2021, 05:45:24 PM

No special person or special organization can control bitcoin price . It's depend on its buyer and seller . Holding amount and selling amount . If the holding amount is larger than selling than price will high  and if people sell rapidly than the price decrease .

januszzbych

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 05:56:32 PM

For my way, for example "someone rich buying 100 BTC " another people thinking ooo price goes high why not make also so money so also starting buying BTC when the price will goes higher That "rich guy selling that 100 BTC making about 20% of profit and the proce goes down where the rest people also selling the BTC but they not make really same 20% of the profit only 10-5%" rest people "holders" keep btc to wait for the moment but when will be that moment Wink nobody knows for me it reminds a  PIRAMID only people from the top really making money on BTC Wink but its only mu opinion.
josgandosbro

Activity: 561
Merit: 101

https://imgur.com/cUCkVsv

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 06:06:36 PM

Market place is important of the price change. If bitcoin is demanding in the market price will be increase. So people follow the market price every day. Then people invest the lot of coin. If bitcoin is increased in market place price will be go down. So demand is changing everything in Mark place.

Wysi

Activity: 1624
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 06:23:13 PM

I would say all the above are contributors when it comes to check controls the Bitcoin price, but majority of fluctuations are created by whales using the huge stock which they hold since the value of Bitcoin depends on demand and supply. We have seen it on numerous occasions that a huge chunk of bitcoin is cashed out when it's at peak thus sending negative vibes to the community and we have also seen a typical temporary pump I would say trap wherein price is pumped up only to be dropped again which is done by whales and we are equally responsible for reacting and cashing or reinvesting without proper plan.

tinopener

Activity: 224
Merit: 36

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 06:29:17 PM

Looking at a long term perspective, I'd say the whales control the price as they most negatively influence mass retail and institutional adoption through an ETF for 2 reasons:

(1) Their huge hodling affects liquidity
(2) Potential for market manipulation

Reasons cited by the US SEC for not approving a Bitcoin ETF.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 2196

Signature Space For Rent

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2021, 06:34:18 PM

The simple answer, we (the community) have been controlling the bitcoin market price (not bitcoin price). Don't mix with bitcoin price and bitcoin market price. Because, whatever amount of bitcoin with you, then the price you can ask whatever you want, it doesn't necessary to match with bitcoin market price. And bitcoin market price means, the current live price of bitcoin on the markets. So the live price controlling by the whole active community of bitcoin. Whoever is related to the bitcoin, then he/she is a part of the community, it would be whales or any organization. But whatever reasons you have mentioned on the OP, they can't actually control the bitcoin market's price, rather than you can say they could influence the market price by manipulations. No one could control the price of any decentralized currency like Bitcoin.

SIGNATURE SPACE FOR RENT
Clement Kaliyar

Activity: 1302
Merit: 532

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 06:37:12 PM

well, i been thinking for a while about who actually controls the bitcoin price.
among the following below, which one do you think has the major influence regarding the bitcoin price?
If you have the bank balance even you can control the price of bitcoin. With the price of bitcoin soaring at an all time high valuation you cannot expect anyone to control the market without having billions at your disposal. There are many institutional investors in the market and they can really control the price and can even manipulate the price of bitcoin if they wanted considering the huge amount of coins they are holding.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 06:57:33 PM

Influence and control are very different things. Influence is when someone's actions push Bitcoin's price in some direction, it's a one-time thing and the magnitude of it may vary, while control means the ability to set the price whatever you want and prevent others from doing so, or even just influencing it too much.

There's a lot of powers that can influence Bitcoin, sometimes Bitcoin market panics because of a FUD related to government, sometimes whales dump hard and the price falls, or institutional investors buy so much that it creates a bull run, but no one really can dictate the price of Bitcoin, no one owns enough funds to do so without risk.
Pomogator

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 09:40:46 PM

Bitcoin price is controlled by buyers and sellers, whales are part of the buyers and sellers that makes then be one of the people that control bitcoin price. But nothing controlling the price that people that buy and sell it, it is not controlled by government ms or banks, it has no central power controlling it. If more bitcoin is brought the price increase and will decrease if more people sell than buy.
Well, how then can you explain sharp rise in the bitcoin rate? I think at this stage, whales still have some weight in determining the course of bitcoin on the network. Of course, they do not fully control each section of the course, but they can affect its appearance. Personally, I also thought about the inability of whales, but after a sharp takeoff in 2020, I doubted my thoughts.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: