Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:31:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Intel enters desktop dGPU market  (Read 888 times)
safar1980 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1620

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 01:26:53 PM

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-partners-up-with-oems-to-offer-its-first-iris-xe-discrete-graphics-cards-for-desktops

"A big milestone for Intel.

Intel today announced it is entering the discrete GPU market after partnering up with ASUS and other OEMs. First graphics cards featuring Intel GPU will be for mainstream users and small businesses. Those graphics cards will be used in pre-built systems for now, which means they cannot be bought separately."

When will the time come when we will be able to mine on Intel graphics cards?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 02:45:35 PM

Not be able to buy they separately makes this pointless, I thought intel will build their one discrete gpu and challenge nvidia and AMD, so why the post anyways? We can't expect this gpu to be good for mining rigs since they aren't standalone, aaargghh

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 03:22:53 PM

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-partners-up-with-oems-to-offer-its-first-iris-xe-discrete-graphics-cards-for-desktops

"A big milestone for Intel.

Intel today announced it is entering the discrete GPU market after partnering up with ASUS and other OEMs. First graphics cards featuring Intel GPU will be for mainstream users and small businesses. Those graphics cards will be used in pre-built systems for now, which means they cannot be bought separately."

When will the time come when we will be able to mine on Intel graphics cards?

This info is not from today, they announced it around a year ago. But it is nice to see another gpu manufacturer  Grin
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 03:37:40 PM

Since they will be in prebuilt only at first dont expect great things out of them.  But maybe in a few years Intel will actually have a gpu even worth talking about.
JeotQ

Activity: 406
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 04:04:32 PM

Thanks for sharing but I don't see the need since we can't use this gpu to mine coins, integrated GPUs are always not powerful enough for mining purposes, but I do hope that one day intel will join the gpu race too, three gpu companies will be fun

JayDDee

Activity: 1386
Merit: 220

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 04:34:41 PM
Merited by NotATether (5)

AFAIK it uses OCL but I don't known if it's compatible with AMD mining software. At a miminum I expect they
would to need to be recompiled specificaly for Xe.

Some of the previous comments aren't really usefull. It is a discrete standlone GPU. Yes, it's small and
not suitable for mining rigs but it's only part of a much bigger plan.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15119/intels-xe-for-hpc-ponte-vecchio-with-chiplets-emib-and-foveros-on-7nm-coming-2021

DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6266

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2021, 05:08:15 PM

Yes it's for "pre-built" systems and requires a custom / special BIOS on the motherboard.
Going to be interesting to see how long till they make it to the secondary market.
And then what will happen when people can't use them because their board does not support it.

There are some businesses that look at the parts value of PCs for internal re-use as part of the IT budget.
I can pull the 2 year old top of the line card that was in the engineering CAD PC and put it in the mid range PC of the accountant that has 4 screens so they can have multiple spreadsheets open.
I think pull the card from the accountant PC to put in a managers PC because they want something "better".

Now if they want something "better" it involves a purchase because I can't move the accountants card.

Hmmmm.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 05:29:57 AM
Merited by NotATether (1)

You guys might not realise this but most of the GPUs out today are actually Intel GPUs. They are not the ones we use for mining but the built in ones we use with our onboard video or with our intel CPUs. Most people, especially businesses don't need powerful GPUs so the Intel built-in graphics is sufficient.

So the fact that they are going into higher end is not surprising. I am assuming they are doing this since their market share is reduced since Apple started to make its own chips. They want to regain some of the market share back. I think it will be interesting and we will see how they will compete with Nvidia and AMD in the near future.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
safar1980 (OP)
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 03:41:24 PM

Not be able to buy they separately makes this pointless, I thought intel will build their one discrete gpu and challenge nvidia and AMD, so why the post anyways? We can't expect this gpu to be good for mining rigs since they aren't standalone, aaargghh
An interesting historical fact. Intel first entered the GPU market. Grin

fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 05:08:17 PM

well intel already showing some integrated gpu now days quite capable run some AAA on decent framerate,

in matter of time raja khoduri on intel implementing amd architect or something new. and to catch up current market it wont be easy need years RnD

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
Apostlekin$$$

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 08:20:44 AM

We need discrete graphic cards from intel, enough of Nvidia and AMD cards only, another competitors will make getting cards easier, the team shouldn't worry about adoption I'm sure many will buy the cards and use them for gaming or mining cryptos, I hope the make this happens

safar1980 (OP)
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
June 22, 2022, 08:49:24 PM

Intel Arc Desktop Gaming Graphics Cards Confirmed Through Latest Drivers: Alchemist Lineup To Include A310, A380, A580, A750, A770, Pro A40, Pro A50

tel's Arc Alchemist gaming graphics cards for desktop PCs have been confirmed in the latest GPU driver release. The 30.0.101.1732 driver brings new game support and optimizations for the Arc A-series mobility GPUs such ss Arc A370M & Arc A350M but it also reveals the desktop cards in their final naming scheme.

https://wccftech.com/intel-arc-a770-a750-a580-a380-a310-pro-a50-a40-alchemist-desktop-graphics-cards-confirmed/

Outhue

Activity: 826
Merit: 442

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2022, 11:06:29 AM

Won't be buying unless the power consumption is better than Nvidia graphic card counter parts, good hashrate at the cost of less power consumption is what will make this bear market mining fair, you don't want to be struggling with high power consumption at this time.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 23, 2022, 01:54:50 PM

This is the perfect time to release new graphics cards Smiley A lot of Nvidia and AMD video art is already sold out by miners, so Intel will need to make a big effort to get their video cards to be bought, instead of cheap second-hand video cards of competitors.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2022, 12:40:59 PM

Exclusive: Intel Arc A-Series Desktop GPU Price/Performance Positioning, TDP and Memory Configurations

Intel Arc A770 graphics card currently set to debut for under $400 USD
The flagship of Intel's planned Arc A-Series GPU lineup is the Arc A770 graphics card. It will consume 225W and should trade blows with the RTX 3060 Ti and Radeon 6650 XT while beating the RTX 3060 and Radeon 6600. Based on the slide that we obtained, it is set to debut at or under $399 USD.

https://wccftech.com/exclusive-intel-arc-a-series-desktop-gpu-price-performance-positioning-tdp-and-memory-configurations/

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
JayDDee

View Profile
July 20, 2022, 07:00:00 PM

No miners support them yet.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-gpu-drivers-do-not-support-mining

sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
July 21, 2022, 09:32:12 AM

Hmm i don´t think so. XMRig will support it i think - it also support the old IGPUs, so why not the new discrete gpu driver? And by the way - mining news from a hardwaretechsite is nuts.
The A380 can be a good low power card like the good old RX550 (up to 14-15mh@35w from the wall with riser)  Cheesy - bandwidth is enough for 20mh+ on ETH/ETC.
Hope we see more support for this cards in the future.

Anyone have a shop where i can buy A380? I know only chinese, but i don´t find any chinese shop.
JayDDee

View Profile
July 21, 2022, 04:44:46 PM

Hmm i don´t think so. XMRig will support it i think - it also support the old IGPUs, so why not the new discrete gpu driver? And by the way - mining news from a hardwaretechsite is nuts.
The A380 can be a good low power card like the good old RX550 (up to 14-15mh@35w from the wall with riser)  Cheesy - bandwidth is enough for 20mh+ on ETH/ETC.
Hope we see more support for this cards in the future.

Anyone have a shop where i can buy A380? I know only chinese, but i don´t find any chinese shop.

I would assumehope that any miner that works on Intel iGPUs would have little difficulty. It's probably a matter of
the devs getting their hands on real HW to test and tweak.

The article suggests it's a driver issue but that doesn't seem right. Either they can run compute applications or they can't,
and they aren't much use if the can't.

I wouldn't expect great performance initially, it will take time for the drivers to mature and the miners to be optimized.
I hope they're competitive, we need more competition.

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2022, 06:04:27 PM

This is not a problem for developers. They need video cards for testing and new miners will appear in a few months. They may not have time to mine Ethereum, and there may be good competition for miners for other coins. Intel also benefits from this.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bitquad

Activity: 148
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 22, 2022, 09:51:53 AM

Intel Arc Desktop Gaming Graphics Cards Confirmed Through Latest Drivers: Alchemist Lineup To Include A310, A380, A580, A750, A770, Pro A40, Pro A50

tel's Arc Alchemist gaming graphics cards for desktop PCs have been confirmed in the latest GPU driver release. The 30.0.101.1732 driver brings new game support and optimizations for the Arc A-series mobility GPUs such ss Arc A370M & Arc A350M but it also reveals the desktop cards in their final naming scheme.

https://wccftech.com/intel-arc-a770-a750-a580-a380-a310-pro-a50-a40-alchemist-desktop-graphics-cards-confirmed/
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-arc-780-gpu-denial

Intel Denies Arc A780 GPU Ever Existed

Intel's own Ryan Shrout has come out of the gates swinging, aiming at a specific rumor that has been spreading its wings since the announcement of the company's Arc Alchemist discrete GPUs. Specifically, Shrout denied rumors of an upcoming Arc A780 graphics card. Initially reported by known leaker Moore's Law is Dead (MLID), the Arc A780 allegedly was an unannounced card that would offer better performance over Intel's confirmed top-tier discrete card, the Arc A770.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: