Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:42:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone else been contacted about a Bitcoinica lawsuit?  (Read 94 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2021, 10:53:53 PM

I have been contacted by a few people claiming to be lawyers in the case of Bitcoinica. They tell me to give them information and proof of claim but these are just random people on the Internet asking for information.

Has anyone else had any contact? I lost some BTC on that exchange way back in the day.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
GeorgeJohn

Activity: 1442
Merit: 658

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 02:10:54 AM

Based on me I have no ideas, and is very technical that someone foreign will contact unknown person me to review my necessary informations, I think it's abnormal and insecurities to me to render a vital information to untrust being. Op remember that should be another means scammers of getting details from their clients and immediately such privilege are given to them, it's ninety nine percent, 99% sure their is easy access to penetrate to the  security documents of user.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 09:28:45 AM

Bitcoinica was indeed way back in the day, they were hacked twice
back in 2012 and entered into liquidation.

There doesnt seem to be any news or updates in relation to Bitcoinica

Here is a thread on the forum from 2012
[ANN] Bitcoinica Consultancy abandons customers. Bitcoinica to enter Liquidation

There is a high probability that its scammers who are contacting you
at this stage, especially if it a number of different people claiming
the same thing.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 09:30:33 AM

I have been contacted by a few people claiming to be lawyers in the case of Bitcoinica. They tell me to give them information and proof of claim but these are just random people on the Internet asking for information.

Has anyone else had any contact? I lost some BTC on that exchange way back in the day.

Was it PKF Corporate Recovery & Insolvency in New Zealand who contacted you? If so, it may be legit.

I stumbled across this case recently when looking into outstanding Mt. Gox claims. The stolen Bitcoinica funds were found in an Mt. Gox wallet before Gox went down. PKF has supposedly been trying to recover those funds on behalf of customers through an Mt. Gox claim.

Their website lists this under "recent notable appointments":
Bitcoinica LP: The first Limited Partnership to be put into liquidation by the High Court.

http://www.pkfcr.co.nz/services/

I would contact them directly. Maybe they are contacting claimants in relation to the recent Fortress offer?

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2021, 02:48:45 PM

Was it PKF Corporate Recovery & Insolvency in New Zealand who contacted you? If so, it may be legit.

I stumbled across this case recently when looking into outstanding Mt. Gox claims. The stolen Bitcoinica funds were found in an Mt. Gox wallet before Gox went down. PKF has supposedly been trying to recover those funds on behalf of customers through an Mt. Gox claim.

Their website lists this under "recent notable appointments":
Bitcoinica LP: The first Limited Partnership to be put into liquidation by the High Court.

http://www.pkfcr.co.nz/services/

I would contact them directly. Maybe they are contacting claimants in relation to the recent Fortress offer?

Yep, that's them.

I didn't want to hand over my information to them not knowing what they were doing because I figured that if I hand them my proof of claim then if they were just scammers they could take my proof to the real lawsuit.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: