Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:11:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to secure a bitcointalk account from the hands of the bad guys who are not r  (Read 63 times)
djanur (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 11:56:26 PM

How to secure a bitcointalk account from the hands of the bad guys who are not responsible out there?
because there is a lot of account hacking news out there, and my friend is the victim

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 01:47:46 AM

You will need to direct your friend to this thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5089777.0

If your friend cannot provide the evidence that is required in that thread, the chance of recovering the account is significantly reduced, or completely squashed. If your friend does have the evidence, then they can send it to the email, and hopefully recover the account.

If you are asking about how to secure your own account from theft, then the advice would be the same as any other online account. Use secure passwords, which have multiple characters, and includes special characters. Do not, click on links that you don't trust, and don't download software which you do not trust. Do not share your account credentials with anyone.

Those are the basics, but they should serve you well. Its probably worth checking whether your email account has the same security protocols as above, and you don't use the same passwords across the sites. 
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2021, 01:52:59 AM

How to secure a bitcointalk account from the hands of the bad guys who are not responsible out there?
because there is a lot of account hacking news out there, and my friend is the victim

(Just realized now my reply is off topic but still on topic)

A lot of people have been emailing me recently.  They have proof xx coins are at a certain place, but the exchange won't help them, Theymos won't help them with evidence, etc, etc.

Someone has got to be the first big boy to force someone (sue) to give back coins that were stolen.   Why should an exchange give back $100,000,000 just because you have a death certificate and blockchain proof the coins were stolen?  They can grease a lot of wheels with that stolen money...

You will need to direct your friend to this thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5089777.0

Good intention, but false hope.  

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 3046

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 02:58:31 AM

Your friend has to follow the steps from the Account recovery team and you will find all the details in the Link that Welsh already have posted.
He can also make an new Account and make an Topic here about his banned or hacked Account.

Whats the Account Name of your friend ?
DT Members can tagg them as long its not in his hands but there should be a proof that the Account is hacked or not anymore in his hands.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: