Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:48:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Polkadot or Binance Smart Chain?  (Read 983 times)
heztida3

Activity: 176
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 04:47:52 PM

POLKA is practically equivalent to ethereum. The ethereum allies are additionally supporting polka right now.The POLKA environment is getting greater from time to the time. That is the reason a few people called that polka can be a genuine contender for ethereum. POLKA and BSC have similar opportunity to draw in the organizations.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
DamonWilliam

Activity: 35
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2021, 04:34:45 PM

POLKA is practically equivalent to ethereum. The ethereum allies are additionally supporting polka right now.The POLKA environment is getting greater from time to the time. That is the reason a few people called that polka can be a genuine contender for ethereum. POLKA and BSC have similar opportunity to draw in the organizations.
Many projects already have similar functions and capabilities as Ethereum, some even have much more than Ethereum blockchain.

But Ethereum is a very popular project at the moment, it will be very difficult to take and break and overtake it.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 04, 2021, 05:35:00 PM

Once something is centralized , then the community wouldn’t show much interest in it and I guess that’s what is happening with the Binance Smart Chain, a lot of developers would prefer the alternative that is decentralized as they would like a platform that’s going to give them the full freedom to be able to run their projects the way they want it without any form of restrictions at all.Then as for Polkadot, this is not the first time I’m seeing people hype a new project as an Ethereum killer, I am not going to believe any of that until I see it come true. In most cases Devs are still going to consider Ethereum.

Exactly. Centralization greatly defeats the purpose of crypto/Blockchain tech. While most people will fall for the scheme, some people are starting to gain knowledge on the subject. Believe me, no one will like dealing with something that's outside of their own control. It's like dealing with banks all over again. Binance Smart Chain may have attractive features, but it's largely controlled by Binance. The company makes you believe that their own blockchain is decentralized with its false propaganda. But those who dig deeper, will find that the majority of the network's nodes are controlled by Binance itself. As long as centralization persists, the "BNB" token will be subject to single points of failure. Imagine if someday Binance shut down its operations? Then Binance Smart Chain will fade into oblivion, leaving investors in the dust.

As far as I know, this is not an issue with Polkadot due to its decentralized nature. Of course, Ethereum is much more decentralized than the aforementioned blockchain networks. But I believe that DOT has higher potential than BNB because of the way it's designed. With decentralization, the project could become highly resistant against censorship. No company or government has the final say over the network's behavior or prominence in the mainstream world. I'd imagine most people will prefer Polkadot over Binance Smart Chain anytime because of this. As far as technical aspects are concerned, I think that both chains are "neck and neck". DOT and BNB are able to provide extremely low fees and blazing-fast transactions, making them a better alternative to ETH for "De-Fi". Yet, developers' interest in building new dApps on Ethereum hasn't declined. If this keeps up, neither DOT or BNB will be able to overcome ETH in the future. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
February 04, 2021, 06:41:05 PM

There's been a lot of hype surrounding Polkadot these days. The alternative smart contract platform is definitely faster and cheaper to use than Ethereum itself. It's already within the top ranks in market cap. Yet, people have forgotten about Binance Smart Chain these days. This smart contract platform is as cheap and fast as Polkadot (someone correct me if I'm wrong), serving as a great alternative to the Ethereum blockchain. What these platforms lack is a solid number of dApps to overcome Ethereum. There doesn't seem to be any indication that developers are going to build new and exciting dApps on both chains. As long as Ethereum has the most dApps and tokens, its rivals won't be able to stand a chance against it.

Now the question is, which of the aforementioned platforms is better? AFAIK, Binance Smart Chain (powered by BNB) has a greater level of centralization than Polkadot itself. This should make the latter platform a much better choice for everyday people. Still, there's potential for BNB as it could attract businesses and companies in the mainstream world. Which will survive in the long run, is an excellent question. Thoughts? Huh

Of course, the polkadot has been showing itself very well lately - people have long wanted a new, technological and working platform! But still, it has not yet been tested by time as binance, which has shown the most stable work over the years, and their token is only growing in price and breaking through a new ATH level!

█████     ████████████████████
█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████   ██████████████   ████
████   ████      ████   ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 05:20:15 PM

I think both Polkadot and Binance Smart Chain are great and very promising projects. They are both actively developing and showing positive dynamics. Both Polkadot and Binance Chain are fully compatible with the Ethereum Virtual Machine, giving you even more confidence when working with them.

Both projects are good. But the question is: Will they last for long? In a highly-competitive world, you're going to need to stay ahead of the game by providing attractive features without compromising security/reliability/decentralization. Despite both Polkadot and Binance Smart Chain's efforts, none have been able to overcome Ethereum's level of mainstream adoption. It's not about low fees and faster transaction confirmation times, but rather how solid a cryptocurrency's foundation is. Ethereum is built on solid foundations with an ample support of developers, businesses, and individuals alike. Competing chains can't rival Ethereum as they lack mainstream support. The majority of dApps and tokens are built on the Ethereum platform, making it the leader of the smart contracts space.

As far as both chains are concerned (Polkadot and BSC), I'd say they're very much alike. Both have different approaches to scalability, but they achieve nearly the same purpose (which is faster transactions at a fraction of the cost). Binance Smart Chain could become even better than Polkadot in the long run, as Binance has all of the resources required to make it happen (after all, it's the world's biggest crypto exchange). Yet, people will determine which one gains traction and which one goes down the drain. If both survive, then they'll remain as an alternative for those looking to escape from ETH's high fees and slow transaction confirmation times. But both chains won't be able to replace ETH because of the reasons mentioned earlier. It's not about which project is best, but rather which projects can work together in order to make crypto land a better place. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 06:13:19 PM

I think both Polkadot and Binance Smart Chain are great and very promising projects. They are both actively developing and showing positive dynamics. Both Polkadot and Binance Chain are fully compatible with the Ethereum Virtual Machine, giving you even more confidence when working with them.

Polkadot is in number 6 and BSC is in number 7 right now. Both are competing with each other and ETH network high gas fees creates an opportunity for these project to attract new projects to migrate with their system. I prefer polkadot more than the BSC network because of its higher scalability and para chain features. Even binance donates money for the future development of polkadot.
Joe-Bloggs

Activity: 103
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 06:17:47 PM

I don't really like either at their cap.
Lots of projects out there that are capable of similar things or have almost identical usecases but for the real life changing opportunities you want small caps.

Blocknet and Bitbay are actually superior technically they are just unknown.

Where are the technical experts with the easy to digest graphical charts and comparisons.

I want potential 500x not 5x returns. I missed bitcoin in 2010.

You want solid robust tech microcaps that can do what these top 10 - 25 can do and better in some cases.
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 08:14:59 AM

I want potential 500x not 5x returns. I missed bitcoin in 2010.

You want solid robust tech microcaps that can do what these top 10 - 25 can do and better in some cases.

Well ... one of the key factors that distinguish a successful investor from an investor who loses everything is money management and diversification. Putting all your money into small-caps expose your wallet to high risk. Risk of loosing everything. Well diversified crypto wallet is like x% in stable coins, x% out of this in stable coin pools for passive income, x% in BTC, X% in big cap undervalued, deflationary coins with good APY from coin use cases - like BNB was before recent pump, x% in small caps for moonshots. That way, no mater what, you are always with money and ready for another investment.
ahoenk

Activity: 1246
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 12:00:06 PM

Binance smart chain is a good competitor to polkadot, and it is strong because binance customer base is very large, binance just need to launch hood and hype ICO at his launch pad and only accept BNB will make BNB price sky rocketing like today because of safepal ICO and Litentry mining

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Kvalentine

Activity: 504
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 01:27:55 PM

I've known about binance smartchain like forever, I was excited when it was first announced but it failed to live up to my expectations, developers on the other hand failed to adopt this binance smartchain for unknown reasons but Polkadot, sigh! It gained developers heart already and be prepared many more projects are going for Polkadot

Furryball

Activity: 490
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 02:12:30 PM

Right now Polkadot/Polkastarter is a hot cake, every projects that use this platform are always in good hands and fundraising always ends up in a big success, no wonder many new projects are rushing to Polkadot right now, can't be compared to binance smartchain sorry

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 04:09:46 PM

Let's turn our attention to a working product. I personally am not a supporter of centralized systems, but I am a supporter of working systems. Therefore, I can confidently say that I would choose Binance even despite the centralization.
barbara44

Activity: 2408
Merit: 605

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 05:54:50 PM

Honestly this will never have one true answer, impossible to decide something like this. Why? Because people who like polkadot, or even own polkadot, and do not have any bnb will say that dot is much better and it has started barely recently and already above bnb and so forth and will defend dot like it is the best currency that has ever existed in history of crypto currencies.

If you asked people who own bnb, or own any defi that bnb is tied with, and do not own any dot (I am one of these people) they will say that dot is overhyped, it doesn't have a reason to be this high, and it will eventually go lower and lower when the hype is over whereas bnb is backed by binance and keeps promoting and getting better with launchpad support. So, whoever you ask will give you a different answer, it is not going to be easy to decide which one is truly better.

heztida3

Activity: 176
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 13, 2021, 08:05:06 AM

BSC for now since Binance is getting mainstream everyday although it's centralized but some people already use it as their blockchain, as for polkadot I'm looking forward for this project for a long term since both of them being an alternative from ETH, Tron and etc.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
jacafbiz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 13, 2021, 10:15:00 AM

Both are showing huge promising and a lot of hype around both for now, Polkadot is not ready and have no smart contract on it but good tech with hugely talented developers behind it, Binance has a very strong community already and this is helping it out, hardly will you find one person in Crypto that does not have a Binance account, this is a big thing to have. I will not bet against any because of the concern of centralization in Binance chain

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Kitaiev

Activity: 1064
Merit: 300

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2021, 10:36:15 AM

Bnb showed impressive growth! Many defi projects are now choosing their blockchain for their product and users like it, because the commissions are much lower.
Now we should also pay attention to Huobi Eco Chain.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2021, 05:21:33 PM

Bnb showed impressive growth! Many defi projects are now choosing their blockchain for their product and users like it, because the commissions are much lower.

The current surge has made Binance Coin (BNB) the third-largest cryptocurrency by market cap, surpassing Polkadot (DOT) by a large margin. Yet, market cap doesn't necessarily indicate how well the project is doing in terms of mainstream adoption. For what I know, Binance Smart Chain is utterly centralized whereas Polkadot is the exact opposite of it. Binance's own smart contract platform shouldn't make use of the term "De-Fi" since the company controls most of the network's nodes. People don't care about decentralization when it comes to making money in the least time possible. They will see the consequences of centralization when Binance starts to do as it desires with its own Blockchain network.

I see Polkadot as a better version of Ethereum that doesn't sacrifice decentralization for convenience/ease of use. It could last a lifetime due to its decentralized and censorship-resistant design. Binance Smart Chain could go down the drain if Binance ceases its operations in the future. Anything could happen from governments destroying Binance, to a major hack, etc. Only truly decentralized blockchain networks like Polkadot and Ethereum will be able to stand the test of time. The sudden rise of BNB could only be temporary as a result of the existing "De-Fi" hype/craze. Gas fees are soaring on ETH like crazy, leading many traders to search for other options. It's no wonder why alternative smart contract platforms like Binance Smart Chain and Polkadot are getting traction these days. Whenever both will co-exist in the future, it's yet to be seen. At least, there's strong competition in the crypto/Blockchain space giving people the option to choose from one platform to another. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
February 19, 2021, 06:40:48 PM

Polkadot is more decentralised than Binance chain but Binance has a big ecosystem to bootstrap it own community and is doing it now. I have said it that Binance Chain pose the greatest threat to Ethereum and it seems Ethereum people open the door for Binance to take over from them, people are shouting Centralisation, Is Ethereum 100% decentralised, most of these people do not look at the mirror and remove the beam from their eyes, how can you expect people to continue to pay $50 per transaction and you think that is sustainable and when people talk they will tell you shut up Ethereum 2.0 is on the way, but no deadline when this is coming. Polkadot is mo

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 4312

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2021, 08:07:19 PM

The current surge has made Binance Coin (BNB) the third-largest cryptocurrency by market cap, surpassing Polkadot (DOT) by a large margin. Yet, market cap doesn't necessarily indicate how well the project is doing in terms of mainstream adoption. For what I know, Binance Smart Chain is utterly centralized whereas Polkadot is the exact opposite of it. Binance's own smart contract platform shouldn't make use of the term "De-Fi" since the company controls most of the network's nodes. People don't care about decentralization when it comes to making money in the least time possible. They will see the consequences of centralization when Binance starts to do as it desires with its own Blockchain network.

I see Polkadot as a better version of Ethereum that doesn't sacrifice decentralization for convenience/ease of use. It could last a lifetime due to its decentralized and censorship-resistant design. Binance Smart Chain could go down the drain if Binance ceases its operations in the future. Anything could happen from governments destroying Binance, to a major hack, etc. Only truly decentralized blockchain networks like Polkadot and Ethereum will be able to stand the test of time. The sudden rise of BNB could only be temporary as a result of the existing "De-Fi" hype/craze. Gas fees are soaring on ETH like crazy, leading many traders to search for other options. It's no wonder why alternative smart contract platforms like Binance Smart Chain and Polkadot are getting traction these days. Whenever both will co-exist in the future, it's yet to be seen. At least, there's strong competition in the crypto/Blockchain space giving people the option to choose from one platform to another. Just my opinion Smiley
I don't agree that polcadot is better than ethereum.
The polcadot network can serve no more than 100 parachains; with their further increase, performance problems in the mainnet will begin.
Now there are more than 300 projects in the polcadot network, and they will have to compete for places.
These restrictions will prevent all projects from developing successfully.

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
Handsome Boy
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 12

I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum

View Profile
February 19, 2021, 09:07:16 PM

There's been a lot of hype surrounding Polkadot these days. The alternative smart contract platform is definitely faster and cheaper to use than Ethereum itself. It's already within the top ranks in market cap. Yet, people have forgotten about Binance Smart Chain these days. This smart contract platform is as cheap and fast as Polkadot (someone correct me if I'm wrong), serving as a great alternative to the Ethereum blockchain. What these platforms lack is a solid number of dApps to overcome Ethereum. There doesn't seem to be any indication that developers are going to build new and exciting dApps on both chains. As long as Ethereum has the most dApps and tokens, its rivals won't be able to stand a chance against it.

Now the question is, which of the aforementioned platforms is better? AFAIK, Binance Smart Chain (powered by BNB) has a greater level of centralization than Polkadot itself. This should make the latter platform a much better choice for everyday people. Still, there's potential for BNB as it could attract businesses and companies in the mainstream world. Which will survive in the long run, is an excellent question. Thoughts? Huh
for now I see that binance smart chain is the best project and better than Polkadot, because all projects that use the platform from binance smart chain are sure to be successful, besides that the transaction fees from binance smart chain are also very cheap, so I'm sure if binance smart chain will be used by many new projects in the future and of course that will make binance smart chain even more popular.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: